7 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My son and I did our IV interview July 09, 2013 at the Knigston Embassy in JA and were approved and given the green receipts along with the DHL instruction. The following day July 12, 2013, our joint sponsor was called to submit another original AOS form which he mailed via UPS and delivered July 12, 2013 at the Embassy. Our case was placed in AP. On August 02, 2013 the CEAC status was changed to "READY". Several calls were made to DOS as it relates to the true status the case and was told that it was still in AP. I emailed the embassy August 13 to confirm if they have received the second originial copy of AOS from the joint sponsor and no response thus far. I am so confused as I dont know where i stand, school is around the corner and i was hoping that we would get the visas and packages before that time. Does the emabssy contact anyone after AP is finished? if the embassy required additional information would they contact me or my petitioner? is the CEAC reliable?

Filed: Timeline

U can send them an Email , but rhey wont give U a date or reason U R in AP

which in the islands seem to be a normal admin. process that can take up to

10 weeks , thousands wkly have to be processed not everyone will get visa

in a day or two.Thats the reason they advise Make no plans until visa is in

hand.

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi gjo3375,

I am not sure how the US Embassy operates in JA, but it should be relatively the same as in DR.

From my experience, they did not contact me (Agent for my In-Laws), the petitioner or the beneficiaries (this after various emails and phone calls we made to ensure they had the correct contact information on all ends) after the cases were completed and taken out of AP. We found out from the courier delivering the packages that the visa packages had been sent.

If additional information is required they should contact the agent you selected and/or the petitioner. I am not sure how reliable the CEAC is. I have some cases that just became current for priority dates and the site is still showing status "to follow the instructions NVC sent"....blah blah blah...cases are completed and just waiting on Interview Appointments (F2B).

Continue contacting them, politely asking for status updates on your case(s).

Good Luck.

Kel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As far as I know the CEAC website is not accurate at all times. AP can be a long process. I was told that there is no maximum time frame on how long one can be in AP. This Friday will make 7 weeks since I have been in AP and after my fiancés interview he was given the DHL instruction sheet along with a small green piece of paper attached to it. They told us we would hear from them wishing a couple weeks and so far we have heard nothing. I think once placed in AP at the Kingston Embassy they place the files to the side. I notice many people who were requested to submit additional documents stay in AP for a longer time. Emailing the embassy is no help because you receive an automated message saying they will respond in five business days yet they don't respond to some and when they do respond its usually weeks later. I heard contacting your congress person after 60 working days is a good idea which is what I plan to do if I don't hear anything... I hope you hear from them soon. Keep us posted

Timeline

U can send them an Email , but rhey wont give U a date or reason U R in AP

which in the islands seem to be a normal admin. process that can take up to

10 weeks , thousands wkly have to be processed not everyone will get visa

in a day or two.Thats the reason they advise Make no plans until visa is in

hand.

ok, will keep you all posted

Hi gjo3375,

I am not sure how the US Embassy operates in JA, but it should be relatively the same as in DR.

From my experience, they did not contact me (Agent for my In-Laws), the petitioner or the beneficiaries (this after various emails and phone calls we made to ensure they had the correct contact information on all ends) after the cases were completed and taken out of AP. We found out from the courier delivering the packages that the visa packages had been sent.

If additional information is required they should contact the agent you selected and/or the petitioner. I am not sure how reliable the CEAC is. I have some cases that just became current for priority dates and the site is still showing status "to follow the instructions NVC sent"....blah blah blah...cases are completed and just waiting on Interview Appointments (F2B).

Continue contacting them, politely asking for status updates on your case(s).

Good Luck.

Kel

Thnks Kel, will continue contacting them!!

Timeline

As far as I know the CEAC website is not accurate at all times. AP can be a long process. I was told that there is no maximum time frame on how long one can be in AP. This Friday will make 7 weeks since I have been in AP and after my fiancés interview he was given the DHL instruction sheet along with a small green piece of paper attached to it. They told us we would hear from them wishing a couple weeks and so far we have heard nothing. I think once placed in AP at the Kingston Embassy they place the files to the side. I notice many people who were requested to submit additional documents stay in AP for a longer time. Emailing the embassy is no help because you receive an automated message saying they will respond in five business days yet they don't respond to some and when they do respond its usually weeks later. I heard contacting your congress person after 60 working days is a good idea which is what I plan to do if I don't hear anything... I hope you hear from them soon. Keep us posted

This process is really frustrating!! I had a friend who did her interview July 11 and she was asked to submit W2 forms from her petitioner hence she was placed in AP. The petitioner sent the W2 forms the following week (July 17) and her visa was issued August 8!!

I will keep you posted tho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This process is really frustrating!! I had a friend who did her interview July 11 and she was asked to submit W2 forms from her petitioner hence she was placed in AP. The petitioner sent the W2 forms the following week (July 17) and her visa was issued August 8!!

I will keep you posted tho

I appreciate it. I don't understand how they operate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.