Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Need Advice with police check

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My Finance in Vietnam just received first packet of forms to send in so as to get her interview scheduled. One big concern is the Police check. Vietnam check is not a problem but she lived in japan for 4 years. I sent the consulate an Email and asked,

"My Fiance lived in Japan for 4 years. She has gone to the Japanese Embassy for the police check but was told the US Embassy has to order it and it will take 2 months after ordering. Can you expedite it by ordering it now so she can have it for the interview? "

The response form the consulate was, "

"On the apppointment date, the interviewing officer will review the case and give further guidance regarding how to obtain the Japanese Police Record."

So we have to add another 2 months to what will be our 11 month wait? This is ridiculous and very frustrating. Am I missing something?

Thanks to all you all who give advice. Tom

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.. A. you not prepare for back fire, as you know Police cert can take a long time to get, and usually good for 6 months to a year depend where you at, you wait for last minutes try get it....

Marriage : 07/22/2012

USCIS Process

09/16/2012: I-130 Sent

09/20/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Receipt txt)

09/24/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Hard copy)

09/25/2012: I-130 Case Transfer to (MSC)

11/08/2012: I-130 NOA2 in 44 days after NOA1

NVC:11/19/2012: I-130 @ NVC

12/05/2012: Case & IID asign

12/19/2012: AoS paid n send

12/20/2012: AoS received

02/18/2012: IV Paid

04/15/2013: IV send

04/16/2013: IV received

04/25/2013: NVC case complete

06/26/2013: NVC send email notification for interview

07/11/2013: Interview approved

09/06/2013: POE @ JFK

CRBA: 05/20/2013: Approved

6/8/2015 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to VSC
6/9/20015 - I-751 received in VSC

6/12/2015 - NOA1


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

For Japan, its listed as available,


Copy your Packet 3 letter, the one with the beneficiary name, address of the US consulate General and the K-Instruction link.

Print out the K-Instructions.

Take those with you and go back to the Japanese consulate and push harder to get it ordered NOW.

Edited by Hamad and Chau

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.