CupcakeVN

want to get a jump start on interview paperwork

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The consulate has confirmed that they received my fiance's forms and they will eventually schedule an interview. There's a sticky about what evidence to bring, but what forms does she need to bring for the interview that are specific to Vietnam?

I know there's a list in the K1 visa guide, but I want to say there are some Vietnam specific things: copy of household papers, police certificate, proof of not currently being married.

I also know that they will say what she needs to have in the letter. But, while we're waiting for the letter, I'm hoping she can get a head start on putting together all of the paperwork.

Can someone post a list or instructions for what she needs to get? Information in Vietnamese would also be a plus.

Timeline

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/mobile/iv/forms/package.html

Read the k visa stuff near the bottom. Papers to prove 'never married' are mentioned by others on vj and lawyers but not specifically on the list.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Timeline

HaoPhong: You attached a link to essentially Packet 3. (K Packet Instruction) The OP is looking for Packet 4 details which are in the K appointment package link and the various forms on the page I provided. (see my earlier post)

I hope someone from Hanoi chimes in as well, because my post only applies for the Ho Chi Minh Consulate. Most of the Packet 4 stuff is going to be the same, but there are going to be differences:

ie. where to get photos, where to do the medical, where to pay the visa fee, etc.

Timeline

HaoPhong: You attached a link to essentially Packet 3. (K Packet Instruction) The OP is looking for Packet 4 details which are in the K appointment package link and the various forms on the page I provided. (see my earlier post)

I hope someone from Hanoi chimes in as well, because my post only applies for the Ho Chi Minh Consulate. Most of the Packet 4 stuff is going to be the same, but there are going to be differences:

ie. where to get photos, where to do the medical, where to pay the visa fee, etc.

So for the fiance visa I would need forms:

DS-130 ?

DS-2001 ?

I-864 ?

I-864a ?

and do these need to be notorized for the sponsers part?

Timeline

BatonRouge Bill: The "Cliff Notes" version is located right on this site, see here:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Vietnam&cty=HochiminhCity

I-864 is not used for K-1, use I-134 instead.

The forms at the embassy stage dont need to be notarized(note: please read the links I posted earlier for specific details), the forms in packet 4 are signed by the beneficiary mostly. There is a notary right at the embassy(expensive). You do plan on visiting your fiancee? attending the interview?

If you want to DIY, then actually read the links I posted, if you are working full time, 12 hrs/day or running a business full time or have other commitments consider hiring a lawyer in vietnam to put together the paperwork for your fiance. ($750-$1250)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

your fiance should bring all documents that you have send in, and along with chat logs, phone call, sky, few photos of you too together, more u bring the better....

Marriage : 07/22/2012

USCIS Process

09/16/2012: I-130 Sent

09/20/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Receipt txt)

09/24/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Hard copy)

09/25/2012: I-130 Case Transfer to (MSC)

11/08/2012: I-130 NOA2 in 44 days after NOA1

NVC:11/19/2012: I-130 @ NVC

12/05/2012: Case & IID asign

12/19/2012: AoS paid n send

12/20/2012: AoS received

02/18/2012: IV Paid

04/15/2013: IV send

04/16/2013: IV received

04/25/2013: NVC case complete

06/26/2013: NVC send email notification for interview

07/11/2013: Interview approved

09/06/2013: POE @ JFK

CRBA: 05/20/2013: Approved

6/8/2015 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to VSC
6/9/20015 - I-751 received in VSC

6/12/2015 - NOA1

pe80i6s.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.