zierra26

No NOA2 hard copy yet (Almost a month since wwe got approved)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have not received our NOA2 hard copy yet and it'll be one month his 24Aug.

Fiance called USCIS, NVC, and DOS and no info from them.

Then called USCIS again and finally told them that he can try to inquire after 24 Aug.

The girl advice her that if we have not received it yet we can file for a form requesting for another copy of NOA2.

My fiancé told them that how is he going to file a form requesting for another copy if they HAve not issue the initial NOA2 yet. (My fiancé is so frustrated and aggravated.) ( Jeez! -- filing a re-issue form for a form they have not sent yet.)

We received a notification status that our case was transferred to Texas.

July 24, notification status stating the shipping of our approved/reaffirmed case to NVC.

Anyone there who have the same experience? I saw some timeline who got their NOA2 after 2 weeks. And also NOA2 is needed in filing for the AOS.

Thank you very much.

Feb.2011: Met online
Nov.2011: Meet in person
Aug.2012: Got engaged
Jan29,2013: Sent I-129F petition
Feb 4: NOA1:
Jul24,2013: email notification stating our approved application was sent to Department of State for visa processing
July 6: NOA2 approval date
Aug 21: NOA2 hardcopy sent out by USCIS
Aug 5: NVC received our case
Aug 8: Montreal Consulate received..
Aug 19: Packet 3 sent to USEM ( no packet 3 received)
Aug 27: Packet 4 received thru email.
Aug 12: Medical exam date
Nov 18: Interview date / Passed

Nov 19: Visa issued

Nov 25: Picked up visa and POE

Nov 30: Wedding day

I called USCIS this afternoon and asked for a tier2 and they told me the same story of 30 days... But the tier2 just called me back and she said I am the first person that says that has not received the NOA2 in the mail, and she asked me why I had not called them before and I told her how difficult it is to be transferred to a tier2. All she said was wow! I also referred to the visajourney forum and that there are so many people that were sent the electronic notice on the 28th that have not yet received the letter.
She explained to me that it may be difficult for TSC to send the letter again since they have sent it to the NVC already and they do not have my file anymore. She also told me to contact DOS and ask them if they can send me a copy of the NOA2, of course when they have received it already...

So if you have not called USCIS waiting like me for the 30th day please do so... That is a lie and we may request for service whenever we need to.

event.png
event.png

event.png

Timeline

I called USCIS this afternoon and asked for a tier2 and they told me the same story of 30 days... But the tier2 just called me back and she said I am the first person that says that has not received the NOA2 in the mail, and she asked me why I had not called them before and I told her how difficult it is to be transferred to a tier2. All she said was wow! I also referred to the visajourney forum and that there are so many people that were sent the electronic notice on the 28th that have not yet received the letter.

She explained to me that it may be difficult for TSC to send the letter again since they have sent it to the NVC already and they do not have my file anymore. She also told me to contact DOS and ask them if they can send me a copy of the NOA2, of course when they have received it already...

So if you have not called USCIS waiting like me for the 30th day please do so... That is a lie and we may request for service whenever we need to.

Thank you very much..

Finally, I received an email that they are sending us the NOA2. My fincee did a pretty good job calling them. He called them everyday until they sent the NOA2. Make us feel a little better. :) Though Montreal Embassy is very slow right now.

Jul24,2013: email notification stating our approved application was sent to Department of State for visa processing

You are very welcome! They did not notify me of anything about sending me the NOA2 again but I guess it will arrive any time soon. :D So glad to know you are doing better! goofy.gifdancin5hr.gif

event.png
event.png

event.png

Timeline

You are very welcome! They did not notify me of anything about sending me the NOA2 again but I guess it will arrive any time soon. biggrin.png So glad to know you are doing better! goofy.gifdancin5hr.gif

Well, I guess if it won't arrive soon.. You can start calling again.. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.