HunnyBunny

Procedure for applying PCC - (My personal experience)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have been reading a lot about PCC on this forum, so thought of sharing my personal experience here, which might help many. Because the procedure has to be same all over India.

Procedure for applying PCC - (My personal experience)

• Register through the Passport Seva Portal. (Click on "Register" link under the Online Application Filling section on the Home Page).
  • Login to the Passport Seva Portal with the User ID created as above
  • Click "Apply for Police Clearance Certificate" link.
  • Fill in the required details in the form and submit.
  • Choose Alternative 1
  • After filling in all the details, VALIDATE & SAVE it on your DESKTOP (its easier to upload later on)
  • Go to Alternative 1 again & select "Click here to upload the form" & upload the file you have saved on your desktop
  • Then go to Applicant Home page. Select "View Saved/Submitted Applications"
  • Select the saved application & take a printout of Application Receipt

Now with this printout you just have to walk into your nearest Passport office or Passport Seva Kendra during 9am to 11am ONLY. Take the token number & just follow the instructions. I was amazed to see the smooth process without any confusion at the Passport Seva Kendra. My nearest point was Hubli, Karnataka.

Documents you need to carry is just a photocopy of your passport with your signature & your original Passport. The fee is Rs. 500 & has to be paid at the passport office only. Just walk in with this preparation, rest they will take care of. I had taken a copy of my NOA2 letter, but they didn't even bother to see that. I hope it helps.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Hunny bunny,

Thanks for sharing this.

But I would like to know when u have issued your PCC at that time did your passport get stamped with country name ( intended to migrate) or not mentioned country name with stamp?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Hunny bunny,

Thanks for sharing this.

But I would like to know when u have issued your PCC at that time did your passport get stamped with country name ( intended to migrate) or not mentioned country name with stamp?

They did stamp my passport with the country name.

And next time I visited their office to get updated PCC, they didn't issue me a new one because they said they cannot issue a PCC before 6 months.

Timeline

They did stamp my passport with the country name.

And next time I visited their office to get updated PCC, they didn't issue me a new one because they said they cannot issue a PCC before 6 months.

Yes, they did stamp my passport & also issued a PCC - printout with the country name (USA) in it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Did u get the PCC from all states you lived in , or just the one with your address?

Did u also need a letter from police commisioner?

Sorry, cudn't reply earlier. Didn't have computer access. You need to get only one PCC from your passport issuing office. Thats all, nothing else.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Hunny Bunny,

1) Did you get PCC the same day?

2) Does it follow the same path like that of original passport. I mean application is sent to local police station and we need to go there and so on?

3) Total time required to get PCC

Timeline

Hello Hunny Bunny,

1) Did you get PCC the same day?

2) Does it follow the same path like that of original passport. I mean application is sent to local police station and we need to go there and so on?

3) Total time required to get PCC

Yes, I did get it the same day. You don't have to go to local police station for this. Read my post carefully, you have to go to LOCAL PASSPORT OFFICE personally along with the application & otiginal passport. Its hardly few hours procedure once you go there with required documents. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, I did get it the same day. You don't have to go to local police station for this. Read my post carefully, you have to go to LOCAL PASSPORT OFFICE personally along with the application & otiginal passport. Its hardly few hours procedure once you go there with required documents. Hope this helps.

You are partially correct. You receive your PCC same day only if they have had a prior police verification when you were initially issued your passport. When the RPO don't have records then they initiate a police verification which may take days or weeks or months. All depends how pro active a person is.

Timeline

You are partially correct. You receive your PCC same day only if they have had a prior police verification when you were initially issued your passport. When the RPO don't have records then they initiate a police verification which may take days or weeks or months. All depends how pro active a person is.

Yes, you are right. When I applied for PCC, its been just 6 months since I had received my passport. For which I already had Police Verification done through local police station. I think that is the reason I got it on the same day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.