Leilaeden

Interview Experience

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Earlier this month, I received my biometrics appointment a day after the scheduled time! I ha dmoved, and filed the appropriate forms to change our address. However, my biometrics notice was acciedentally mailed to my old place of residence, thus delaying my receipt... I ended up writing a letter stating the situation and the appointment was re-scheduled to last Friday 02-24-06.

I went lastFriday and completed both the biometrics and fingerprinting...

Tuesday was my interview. My husband (USC) and I arrived early (8:10am) to our 9am appointment. We went through secuirty (guards, xray and metal detectors). My husband had to run back to the car and put my phone away since it has a camera in it - no recording devices allowed!! We walked right into a large waiting room full (already) of approx. 75 people... I had to pass my appointment letter through the glass and then fill out a basic form... Just as a side note - if you're going to your interview - dress the part. You're there to make an impression so don't wear jeans. I think they react a little better if you're clean and put together - like you care you're there...

After about 10-12 minutes, my name was called!! We couldn't believe it! The person calling us ended up being our adj officer - a nice black lady named M.B. We walked briskly to her office - she told us to sit in the middle 2 seats - we raised our right hand and swore to tell the truth... She started by mentioning my husband and I had both worked for the same company in Canada - that's how we met. Then we were asked for our passports and licenses. She then started asking me basic questions - my name, birthdate, address, last time I entered the USA and into which city (had my boarding pass as proof). She asked if I had every been arrested or deported - nope, and nope... Any kids - nope... Then onto my husband - name, dob, address, home ph#, how many previous marriages, every sponsor an immigrant before... Yes or no questions - all the while checking check marks with her red pen onto our file... Then she wanted proof of our relationship - we offered our joint bank account, life insr policy with me as beneficary, credit cards in both our names... She asked for my husband's employment letter - I offered pictures, pay stubs, various forms of mail and documents - she said she didn't need them....

I mentioned that I had my fingerprints/biometrics taken Friday. SHe said we'd have to go again today and get a different type??... She gave us a form with the address and said that was it... I asked her what it all meant and she said she could not approve me until the results of my biometrics... She said everything was in order and looked good - we'd have our decision, by mail, within 30 days... Now I don't know if I should take that as a yes - I just don't know if I should be relieved now or not!!! Any ADVICE?????

We were out and in our car by 8:48am!!! We then went to the fingerprint place and we're told that I couldn't get them done as I had just had that on Friday! The supervisor of this location called the interviewer and they "spoke." The supervisor told the officer I already had my fingerprinting done and that she had just not received them as they could take 5 days to process... I asked the supervisor if there is a way for me to track the progress and to get acknowledgement when the officer had gotten my biometrics results - she said no...

So now I play the waiting game again...

If anyone has experienced this - please let me know! Should we celebrate or is too premature????????????????????????????

you posted this in the K3 discussion, but I am confused, was this an AOS? You might have a look over there, as k3 people aren't going thru the same things.

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.