MyJourney1

Notice from USCIS indicating 6-month delay due to workloads

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello Y'all,

My husband received a letter yesterday from USCIS indicating there are delays that can go long as 6 months due to workloads but that it's "not" related to any issues involving our case personally. The notice also stated he may receive an Interview Waiver. Did any of you ever receive such a notice while awaing your decision for Adjustment of Status? And is this normal? Thanks.

Edited by MyJourney1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Moved from Family-based AOS to US Service Centers Forum~~

~Relevant for many visa types processed at USCIS~

(organizer hat off)

Likely due to the continuing deluge of DACA applications.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/All%20Form%20Types/DACA/DACA-13-6.pdf

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Wow...

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My wife received the same notice this morning. We applied at the end of April and had biometrics on May 30. When I check the case on line through www.uscis.com, the case is still at the Acceptance level and says that it is being handled by the National Benefits Center.

How can they make this decision if it has not at least gone through the Intial Review? I also thought that AOS cases were handled by the local offices and not the NBC.

It is a little fustrating, at least we have the EAD and Advance Parole, but it would be nice to have this next step taken care of in the long journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife and I got the same letter yesterday. We sent the AOS package in December and did biometrics in January. I wondered if we recieved this because I called to check on the status of our case a few days earlier.

same here, we got ours today, i bet they got tire of letting people know about there status so they decided to send a letter to calm us down and so we wont bother them for 6 month or soo..

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Wow, that is pretty frustrating - I did not get that letter! I requested a service request on 7/22/13 due to our case being outside normal processing times and received the response on 8/5/2013 "The Baltimore District Office is not currently in possession of your file. Your case is in transit to the Baltimore District Office at this time. You will receive a response from this office when the case has been received." They never said when the case was sent and so we're worried they lost the case files! Anyone else experiencing extremely long AOS times from Baltimore?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.