macpaf

K-1 interview question in Islamabad

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Assalamalaikum,

I wanted to check if anyone has gone through K-1 visa for and were asked "why didn't you marry her/him in pakistan, instead of going to US" ... And what was your response to it. I just don't know if my reasons to not get married with my fiancee in pakistan will get our application in problem or not...

Any advice/help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

ps - even on the embassy's site it stated that cr-1 visa are usually typical with pakistani couples.. I just don't want them to start suspecting something or worse to outride reject it.

Edited by macpaf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Tell them the truth and stick to it. Most interview agents are not out to make your life misrable... the only items they have are the ones you have given them and there job is to review and make sure you have correctly represent yourself. Yes ocassionally they do back ground checks. Majority of the people who get rejected or placed in admin process are people who have discrepancy in answering interview questions and documents that are submitted.

In my case the reason we filed for fiance visa was because it gave us time to get to know each other also it reduces the wait time of waiting for your husband or wife. Most importantly this was an agreement that was made between our parents prior to us getting engaged also my family is settled here in usa and we wanted to have the wedding here due to financial constraints.

Additional keep in mind when you submitted your 129 application originally you had to describe how you met and what the circumstances of your wedding are. My wedding was partially arranged with involvement of my family. Your family being involved is very important it shows that it will lead to a honest successfully marriage and also not a madeup skam... most desi weddings that are reall weddings you will notice there is a lot of involvement of family. with the original application that was submitted you have already given part of the reason so if and when you are asked abou this question it should be in line with the original application.

Also it is very important that your fiance is familier with your background and what you do, etc. things people should know if they are gettign married or plan on getting married to someone. While my ex-fiance and now my wife was at the interview she noted some girls did not even know what state they are going to in usa, were there fiance or husband worked etc. common stuff that people who are in a honest relatioship should know. anyways Good luck with your interview.

PM me if you have any more questions.

Edited by sn530

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.