scottukga

London Interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys and girls, i have my London interview for the k-1 next week and i just wanted to run a little checklist of things to take, and it would be nice if anyone could tell me if i have forgotten anything, or suggest anything i might want to take...

Original reciepts from the original petition with the USCIS

My birth certificate

My police certificate

My colour photographs

Statements from friends about our dating and engagement

Photo's of my finacee and i

Both our college transcripts to show we were at the same university at the same time

8 (email) airline ticket reciepts from the last 2 years

Affidavit of support from fiancee and our co sponsor

Tax records, financial info from co sponsor

What tax records were available for my fiancee (she is a student and yet to be in full time employment)

Medical results/immunisation forms

My passport (duh)

Interview letter

Does anyone know if i need anything else? Is anything of my fiancee's needed?

Thank you for any replies i might get.

Scott.

AOS/EAD

March 2nd- Sent package

March 7th- Receipt date/ checks cashed

March 15th- Notice of Biometrics for March 28th

March 16th- RFE for AOS posted online, still waiting for the actual letter in mail.

March 23rd- RFE letters arrived.

March 28th- Had Biometrics, all went smoothly.

April 9th- Informed that case processing has been resumed.

April 24th- AOS Transferred to CSC.

May 18th- Got the case pending at CSC email.

May 24th- EAD APPROVED.

-Scott.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

cant think of anything else...

Good luck and all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Copies of BC and police cert....

I just need to make a photocopy of each? Thank you for the replies, i really appreciate it.

Scott.

AOS/EAD

March 2nd- Sent package

March 16th- RFE for AOS posted online, still waiting for the actual letter in mail.

May 24th- EAD APPROVED.

-Scott.

I just need to make a photocopy of each? Thank you for the replies, i really appreciate it.

Scott.

You Might Need Certified Copy Of Birthcertificate And original Copy Of Police Certificate and Other Country you have visited for more than 6months! But I have Both The original Copy Of Birthcertificate of My Fiance and Mine just incase They ask for it ;) GoodLuck To YOu and We'll All Crossed Our Fingers For You :yes:

Scott.

You Might Need Certified Copy Of Birthcertificate And original Copy Of Police Certificate and Other Country you have visited for more than 6months! But I have Both The original Copy Of Birthcertificate of My Fiance and Mine just incase They ask for it ;) GoodLuck To YOu and We'll All Crossed Our Fingers For You :yes:

Scott.

21 Jan 06 : Met

24 May 06 : Engaged

28 Jun 06 : Submitted K-1 Petition

08 Jul 06 : NOA1

13 Oct 06 : Received RFE

16 Oct 06 : Send Back RFE To CSC

13 Nov 06 : NVC Received Petition

22 Nov 06 : received and Sent Back Packet 3!

27 Nov 06 : Packet 4 Received

12 Dec 06 : Interview And Visa Aproved!

16 Dec 06 : Flew to Washington

21 Dec 06 : Got Married

AOS/EAD

01/29/2007 Sent out to Chicago Lockbox address package for AOS & EAD via USPS

01/30/2006 Chicago Lockbox received my package @ 01:06 pm

02/05/2007 AOS/EAD receipt recieved on Mail!

02/23/2007 Biometric Appointment For EAD/AOS

04/12/2007 INTERVIEW!!!(Approved)

04/21/2007 WEDDING!!!

04/26/2007 Greencard received in Mail

I-751 (Removal of condition)

02/02/2009 Mail application to Laguna Niguel(CSC)

02/04/2009 Application arrived and signed by V Semegi

02/10/2009 Cashed check NOA and 1yr extension received in the mail (Receipt date: 02/04/2009)

03/16/2009 Biometrics appointment schedule

04/21/2009 Received 10yr greencard approval notice in the mail!!!Yeyy....

CITIZENSHIP

07/28/2010 Application sent

07/29/2010 Your item was delivered at 10:20 AM on July 29, 2010 in LINCOLN, NE 68508 to INS EXPRESS . The item was signed for by M WILES.

08/06/2010 Cashed check

08/08/2010 NOA in the mail

08/19/2010 Biometrics received in the mail

09/10/2010 Biometrics scheduled appointment(walk-in 30 August 2010-biometrics done)

10/14/2010 Interview and Oath taking ceremony done

Scott.

Scott.

Scott.

Thank you for the info, and help. I shall copy the long and short birth certificate as well as the police certificate just to be sure. I do not have my fiancee's birth certificate, i cant recall ever being told i was to need it at any stage and therefore i just never got it from her. Thank you once again, and good luck to you also.

Scott

AOS/EAD

March 2nd- Sent package

May 24th- EAD APPROVED.

-Scott.

Hey guys and girls, i have my London interview for the k-1 next week and i just wanted to run a little checklist of things to take, and it would be nice if anyone could tell me if i have forgotten anything, or suggest anything i might want to take...

Original reciepts from the original petition with the USCIS

My birth certificate

My police certificate

My colour photographs

Statements from friends about our dating and engagement

Photo's of my finacee and i

Both our college transcripts to show we were at the same university at the same time

8 (email) airline ticket reciepts from the last 2 years

Affidavit of support from fiancee and our co sponsor

Tax records, financial info from co sponsor

What tax records were available for my fiancee (she is a student and yet to be in full time employment)

Medical results/immunisation forms

My passport (duh)

Interview letter

Does anyone know if i need anything else? Is anything of my fiancee's needed?

Thank you for any replies i might get.

Scott.

DS156..DS156K..DS230..SEO97....Checklist & And You May Also Need PAssport Of Your Fiance(Copy)

AOS/EAD

04/21/2007 WEDDING!!!

02/10/2009 Cashed check NOA and 1yr extension received in the mail (Receipt date: 02/04/2009)

CITIZENSHIP

07/29/2010 Your item was delivered at 10:20 AM on July 29, 2010 in LINCOLN, NE 68508 to INS EXPRESS . The item was signed for by M WILES.

08/06/2010 Cashed check

09/10/2010 Biometrics scheduled appointment(walk-in 30 August 2010-biometrics done)

Scott.

Scott.

Scott.

Thank you for the info, and help. I shall copy the long and short birth certificate as well as the police certificate just to be sure. I do not have my fiancee's birth certificate, i cant recall ever being told i was to need it at any stage and therefore i just never got it from her. Thank you once again, and good luck to you also.

Scott

Just Try To Hope They Wont Ask For Your Fiancee's Birthcertificate ;) Then You'll Be Fine :yes: But If There Is A Way You Can Have A Copy Of it Then Better Take it With You Too...Keep Us Updated :D Once Again GoodLuck!

AOS/EAD

04/21/2007 WEDDING!!!

CITIZENSHIP

08/06/2010 Cashed check

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I came through London in October. You need to take the original copy of both the bc and the police report and then a photocopy of each. The consulate officer will then examine them, give you back the originals and retain the copies for their/your records.

If you don't take copies they will keep your originals....

I came through London in October. You need to take the original copy of both the bc and the police report and then a photocopy of each. The consulate officer will then examine them, give you back the originals and retain the copies for their/your records.

Yeah, i shall photocopy my bc and pc, easy enough to do....I got my fiancee to send me a copy of her passport id page, not too sure if she can find a copy of her bc though, they dont actually need hers do they?

AOS/EAD

March 2nd- Sent package

May 24th- EAD APPROVED.

-Scott.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah, i shall photocopy my bc and pc, easy enough to do....I got my fiancee to send me a copy of her passport id page, not too sure if she can find a copy of her bc though, they dont actually need hers do they?

They only need yours, not the petitioner's.

Edited by mags

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.