yorubaqueen13

After Approval, moving on :)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok, so I have received the Affidavit of Support & a few other documents needed such as the DS-156 (which will have 2 signed and completed) & the DS-156k and I will start to call NVC this Friday bugging them for my case # lol but Im a little confused on what to do with theses docs... Do we take them to the interview completed? Or send them some where? Also, i have the document from the consulate requesting the medical exam, is this the only doc needed to take to the medical exam besides passport photos & NOA2? (Original of course) and i have seen a few different places listed for medical exams in Lagos.. Which is the best? I have been told Dr K.A Omotosho is the only one accepted however others r listed? Is an appt needed or just walk in during hours the first day (2nd & 3rd days r scheduled before leaving the first day)? Correct? Do we need the NVC case # to proceed with medical & police clearance? Im assuming we wait n get our interview date first? As for visa fee, i have read we pay at a bank... Which bank? What docs r required wen paying? I have read on the embassy site that in Lagos u pay at interview but others here say u pay in advance at a bank... (Confused) and last but not least ( sorry about the flood of questions) but i will b sending a portfolio to my fiance containing proof of bonafide relationship with the following..... More pics of us together, pics of me (usc) with his family members, pics of us both with his family members & mutual friends, emails, love letters, more recent chat logs ( including conversations we have both speaking yoruba) telephone bills me calling my fiance, chats between my fiance & my daughters, letters to fiance from daughters, email chats between fiance & my father, acknowledgment letters from family members & friends (from fiances side & mine) original NOA1&2 hard copies, entire K-1 application (copies) including my divorce judgments, affidavit of support from co-sponsor (my father) original airline tkts & copies of visa stamps & visa... Am i missing anything??

Thank u for all ur responses VJ members... Im looking forward to getting my baby home!!!

FAMILY UPDATE: my mother has been given a short time to live officially today :( & will b placed in Hospice care tommorow!! I really need my other half home soon!!!

Timeline

Ohh .... Also im including original Western Union receipts as well as phone calling cards with original receipt time dated stapled to the card highlighting purchase & date....

Timeline

You got more than enough to proof bonafide relationship, so I think you be just fine. How did you get the document from the consulate requesting the medical exam, did you find it online or it was emailed to you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

2 copies of DS156 (signed ) and 1 copy of DS56K (unsigned ) is taken to interview in lagos.

Medicals- There are two approved clinics, The children's practice is better in my opinion from what i have seen. You will pay 12,000 initially on the day of your medical exam,After you sign in you are then sent to the bank (it is not too far from the clinic ) .The remainder to be paid is determined by shots or additional tests to take .Ie EKG . This will be paid at the clinic.

Tips for medical arrive early,eat beforehand,make a copy of his passport bio-data page to bring to medicals.Bring 3 Passport pics.

Timeline

You got more than enough to proof bonafide relationship, so I think you be just fine. How did you get the document from the consulate requesting the medical exam, did you find it online or it was emailed to you?

I was in a packet of papers my attorney emailed to me. Its found online tho I do believe. It comes from the Consulate

Timeline

2 copies of DS156 (signed ) and 1 copy of DS56K (unsigned ) is taken to interview in lagos.

Medicals- There are two approved clinics, The children's practice is better in my opinion from what i have seen. You will pay 12,000 initially on the day of your medical exam,After you sign in you are then sent to the bank (it is not too far from the clinic ) .The remainder to be paid is determined by shots or additional tests to take .Ie EKG . This will be paid at the clinic.

Tips for medical arrive early,eat beforehand,make a copy of his passport bio-data page to bring to medicals.Bring 3 Passport pics.

Thank u... Where does the Affidavit of support come in? Is this, along with finacial proof, sent someplace ahead of time or take original to interview?

Timeline

why does two Ds-156 need to be signed or is it one for the petitioner and one for the beneficiary?

Timeline

All taken to interview.Do NOT Send WU receipts CO's in lagos may not/will not look favorably on this.

Really? Its me giving my fiance financial assistance... I thought it was frowned upon only if the benificiary was giving the USC $$ ? I was told to show giving my fiance $ or gifts was a good idea... Please clarify

why does two Ds-156 need to be signed or is it one for the petitioner and one for the beneficiary?

not sure lol but maybe 1 for the Embassy & 1 for POE?

Timeline

I dont think its a bad idea because that can also poof that when he he gets here you will be able to take care of him and that he will not depend on the govt so I would include them.

Timeline

To clear up confusion, in 9ja gifts are fine, western union is not.i'm sure others will chime in.your I-134 will show ur capability of support.what i've read on here suggests that monetary Support ,looks like a transaction .As in ,u or the beneficary is paying for this process and this is not a bonafide relationship.I may be wrong but our resident 9ja vj advisors will know. On the ds156 ,i got this information from the interview prep packet lagos sends after they received our petition from Nvc.pls forgive my typos,i'm on my phone.Best of luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

sorry for your mom's news. Just wish her a tons of love, company, happiness and no pain during her finals days.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

To clear up confusion, in 9ja gifts are fine, western union is not.i'm sure others will chime in.your I-134 will show ur capability of support.what i've read on here suggests that monetary Support ,looks like a transaction .As in ,u or the beneficary is paying for this process and this is not a bonafide relationship.I may be wrong but our resident 9ja vj advisors will know. On the ds156 ,i got this information from the interview prep packet lagos sends after they received our petition from Nvc.pls forgive my typos,i'm on my phone.Best of luck!

Ok thank u.. I can see how it may look shady... I have read that if my fiance was sending me money here to the US it looks as tho hes paying me off.. Thats not our case, i have sent him money to 9ja before he began work cuz I did not like the sacrifices he was making.. He however didnt mind as he was used to that life style but I like him to have no worries :) he never once asks for money & he has denied my offers many times... But if the Embassy wants to twist things I certainly wont b providing the Ammunition lol thank u for ur advice, different perspectives are always useful :) god bless

Timeline

Ok thank u.. I can see how it may look shady... I have read that if my fiance was sending me money here to the US it looks as tho hes paying me off.. Thats not our case, i have sent him money to 9ja before he began work cuz I did not like the sacrifices he was making.. He however didn't mind as he was used to that life style but I like him to have no worries smile.png he never once asks for money & he has denied my offers many times... But if the Embassy wants to twist things I certainly wont b providing the Ammunition lol thank u for ur advice, different perspectives are always useful smile.png god bless

No problem, Lagos can be tough, but we've got this IJN .God bless you as well, i am sure you guys will be very well prepared for the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.