Grace & Irfan

Recent Approvals After Long Wait in AP

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That is the best information I have read all year. Thank you so so much for all of your help. I will surely look into finding a job in Dubai. Unfortunately I have only a Bachelors degree and my Masters in still one year away. I hope that wont be a problem ! :) Thanks again .... u gave me hope!

Aslamualaikum,

I just wanted to share some thoughts.I moved to London in 2006 and worked there until 2012. I applied for Danish Green Card scheme in 2011 from London and my immigration was approved in January 2013 and received my immigrant visa from Danish Embassy in Dubai. I know it says on their wesbite that it takes 3 months to get Danish Green Card but in reality it takes atleast 1 year. My friend who applied for the green card the same time as me on the basis of his education was refused for some silly reason.

I have been living and working in Dubai for the last 9 months. 200 different nationalities live and work here and I believe its easier to find a job here than in Denmark and mainly its because most of the multi national companies are based in Dubai and in most offices English is the offcial language. Although English is understood by vast majoirty in Denmark but the official language is Danish.

I hope that everything goes without a hitch in future for you guys and hopefully your long AP wait will end soon Insha Allah but if you are forced to leave US to be with your fiance because of this stupid AP, then I would recommend Dubai because of the following:

1) You get browine points for holding American passport lol

2) Its a lot easier for Americans to find job in Dubai,are paid well and you would find it easier to blend into Dubai Culture.

3) You do not have to wait long for your fiance to be with you in Dubai. He can easily apply for a visit visa from Pakistan or you can apply for a spouse visa if your earnings are more than AED 5000 and I am sure you will get a lot more than that.

If you have any equestions please ask.

Regards

Timeline

Thank you so much for all of this information , its wonderful. I finally have a little hope ! I do have one question for you. What is the best way to look for work in Dubai? Would it be easier to apply in person while visiting , or apply on the internet ?

Aslamualaikum,

I just wanted to share some thoughts.I moved to London in 2006 and worked there until 2012. I applied for Danish Green Card scheme in 2011 from London and my immigration was approved in January 2013 and received my immigrant visa from Danish Embassy in Dubai. I know it says on their wesbite that it takes 3 months to get Danish Green Card but in reality it takes atleast 1 year. My friend who applied for the green card the same time as me on the basis of his education was refused for some silly reason.

I have been living and working in Dubai for the last 9 months. 200 different nationalities live and work here and I believe its easier to find a job here than in Denmark and mainly its because most of the multi national companies are based in Dubai and in most offices English is the offcial language. Although English is understood by vast majoirty in Denmark but the official language is Danish.

I hope that everything goes without a hitch in future for you guys and hopefully your long AP wait will end soon Insha Allah but if you are forced to leave US to be with your fiance because of this stupid AP, then I would recommend Dubai because of the following:

1) You get browine points for holding American passport lol

2) Its a lot easier for Americans to find job in Dubai,are paid well and you would find it easier to blend into Dubai Culture.

3) You do not have to wait long for your fiance to be with you in Dubai. He can easily apply for a visit visa from Pakistan or you can apply for a spouse visa if your earnings are more than AED 5000 and I am sure you will get a lot more than that.

If you have any equestions please ask.

Regards

Thank you so much for all of this information , its wonderful. I finally have a little hope ! I do have one question for you. What is the best way to look for work in Dubai? Would it be easier to apply in person while visiting , or apply on the internet ?

Hi,

No problem at all smile.png. Well I applied for jobs while I was visiting Dubai last year. But before leaving UK I contacted few recruiters in Dubai through LinkedIn which really helped me in securing few interviews before actually flying to Dubai. I was invited to around 5 interviews within first couple of weeks. There is few websites which are really good and you can apply for jobs on those websites.

My company on the other hand recruited someone from Poland and was interviewed over Skype. And my understanding of recruitment process in Dubai is following:

1) If you have skills which are low in supply in Demand Petroleum Engineer, Dentist etc then you have a chance of securing a job even through Skype interview

2) If your skills are high in Dubai for e.g. HR , Finance etc supply then the best option is to fly out and apply for jobs while visiting Dubai and it will be easier for you since you have an American Passport.

I can share with you few contact details of recruitment agencies in Dubai and some tips on how to look for a job in Dubai but I would like to know what degree do you hold and Yes its ok to have bachelors you do not necessarily need Masters. Do you have work experience ?

Regards

Edited by Aoun

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My husband's case has been in AP for 14 months now. Everytime I call DOS or my senators office they make it seem as though it is almost finished. They have been telling me these things for 8 months. I hope we are all out of AP soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance and I have just entered 9 months of AP , and we are starting to wonder if the embassy ever plans on giving him a visa or if this whole thing is some strange game where they play with people's lives .

I have been looking through posts everyday on VJ, including the Pakistan Portal but havent seen any posts of couples being approved after a long wait .

Are you out there ?

If so please respond with the type of visa you applied for , and how long your Ap wait was.

I Had my interview on 28th may 2013 and on 15 July my visa has been issue and I got my passport now. my wife petitioned me and it was ir1 catagory.

Timeline

I'm starting 6 months of my AP. Grace I saw your from Indiana.. Me too! I emailed senator Donnelly since he was one of the congressman to travel to Pak this summer. Been a few days with no replies, and don't expect a result but no harm in trying. Will let you know what I hear.

• 5 months later...
Timeline

It took 7 months after the embassy interview of nothing but AP status and finally we received a status of "Issued", instructing that the visa should be received within 10 working days. It has only been 2 working days so far and we are hoping for a call this coming week to come pick up the visa. Our embassy location is in Islamabad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.