Penti

Hello all!

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I hope no one's going to object to me asking what's likely a common question, but we'd appreciate some advice if anyone has any. My fiancee and I are currently putting together our I-129F package which will be sent to the Texas center in the next few days. My fiancee lives between Orlando and Jacksonville in Florida, and I'm from the UK. We're trying to make some plans and arrangements for our wedding which will hopefully be later this year.

- Is it in any way practical for us to plan a wedding for late October/early November? I don't want to allow too little time, but neither to I want allow too much.

- I've been in the US for two consecutive 87 day stays using the visa waiver scheme (starting Sept '05, returning together to the UK for Christmas, and then back to the US in early January - I leave on the 28th March :( ), having quit my job and sold my car in the UK. I also have a car, insurance, licence etc. here in Florida and have been living off the proceeds of the UK car sale. Will this count for me or against me?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by Penti

Sent I-751 pack - 4/22/09

I-751 delivered - 4/24/09

Check cleared - 5/5/09

NOA1 received - 5/8/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well from what i hear fropm others experiences it is not guaranteed when your visa will be improved. MY fiance and I just filed our K1 this week through nebraska so I cant really say much on the timelines. You do know if you file the K1 you have to return to UK for the interview? Sorry not much help am i:(

Lina (UKC)

- Is it in any way practical for us to plan a wedding for late October/early November? I don't want to allow too little time, but neither to I want allow too much.

- I've been in the US for two consecutive 87 day stays using the visa waiver scheme (starting Sept '05, returning together to the UK for Christmas, and then back to the US in early January - I leave on the 28th March :( ), having quit my job and sold my car in the UK. I also have a car, insurance, licence etc. here in Florida and have been living off the proceeds of the UK car sale. Will this count for me or against me?[/b]

Cheers,

Chris.

DOH TYPO'S. I meant to say "Approved" not improved :

Well from what i hear fropm others experiences it is not guaranteed when your visa will be improved. MY fiance and I just filed our K1 this week through nebraska so I cant really say much on the timelines. You do know if you file the K1 you have to return to UK for the interview? Sorry not much help am i:(

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Sorry not much help am i:(

Actually it's just nice to get a friendly reply. I tend to be a bit wary of posting on new forums.

Best of luck with your application process!

Chris.

Check cleared - 5/5/09

NOA1 received - 5/8/09

Personally, I would not make ANY firm wedding plans unless and until that visa is in your hands. Wait times depend on SO many factors (which service center you'll be going through, wait times at London in the event of backup, etc), I would hate to see you spend $$ on deposits that you couldn't get back if your wedding day didn't come to pass as you'd planned. Then again, I am the overly cautious sort. :)

I'll let others comment on the usage (or overusage, as the case may be) of the VWP, but from what I understand, it should be used as intended - for a holiday - not for you to essentially live in the US.

Good luck.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Chris,

For or against you for what?

For the visa, it's not an issue.

For another entry to the USA, quite possibly yes - the CBP may decide that you're living in the USA with occasional visits to the UK, which is not what the VWP is for.

Yodrak

Hi,

- I've been in the US for two consecutive 87 day stays using the visa waiver scheme (starting Sept '05, returning together to the UK for Christmas, and then back to the US in early January - I leave on the 28th March :( ), having quit my job and sold my car in the UK. I also have a car, insurance, licence etc. here in Florida and have been living off the proceeds of the UK car sale. Will this count for me or against me?[/b]

Cheers,

Chris.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah I agree with Tracy, best not to make solid plans. My fiance and I are talking about what we would like for our wedding - I dont want a big event but then again its his first marriage and its a big thing for him, but we have come to a compromise. WE have talked about where we would like the wedding (at his best friends mum and dads place - they have a very big plot of land with a small lake). WE would like an outside wedding, but just incase we dont get approved in time we are considering places where we could have the reception.

And about the visit thingy - yeah I remember reading somewhere cant remember where that if you have had multiple trips to the US on the VWP it may look suspicious. Infact I got interrogated this last december when I went there to visit my then boyfriend LOL. Good luck :)

Lina (UKC)

Personally, I would not make ANY firm wedding plans unless and until that visa is in your hands. Wait times depend on SO many factors (which service center you'll be going through, wait times at London in the event of backup, etc), I would hate to see you spend $$ on deposits that you couldn't get back if your wedding day didn't come to pass as you'd planned. Then again, I am the overly cautious sort. :)

I'll let others comment on the usage (or overusage, as the case may be) of the VWP, but from what I understand, it should be used as intended - for a holiday - not for you to essentially live in the US.

Good luck.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My personal advise is plan the wedding but don't plan the dates. There is no way to tell how long the process will take. The worse case scenario (aside from being denied) is you have the date set and plans made but you still haven't had your interview yet. Then what?

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Yeah, I've had some 'fun' entering the US a couple of times in the past. I realise I won't be able to return to the US for at least a few months using the visa waiver, and that it'll need to be a shorter stay next time. We'd been seeing each other for nearly three years and I decided it was time to give things a real shot, but didn't want to jump straight into getting married having never spent more than a few weeks together at a time. So, that's why I'm here now.

I leave at the end of the month and expect to be in the UK for the majority of a 6-7 month period, hopefully with a visit or two from my fiance and maybe a short trip back here along the way. It's going to be hard being seperated after so long together, but we haven't broken any rules so I'm hoping there shouldn't be any problems from my 2 long visits.

Check cleared - 5/5/09

NOA1 received - 5/8/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.