memmy

Civil Surgeons in North Carolina: good and bad experience

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys!

I recently had to look for a civil Surgeon in North Carolina and I want to share with you my experience. I would not recommend going to Dr. Walter A Ezeigbo, whose office is located in Winston-Salem. All I had to get updated was my Vaccination Record ( page 5 of Form I-693). I explained over the phone what I needed to the receptionist at his office, they set me up an appointment, but......When I came over to the office, I was told different. They tried to make me believe that I needed full medical exam, that all immigrants do that, they would not listen to nor would read Form I-485 or Form I-693 instructions, and they kept telling me that Dr. Eisgebo would lose his license if he did not fill in all pages of Form I-693( which means, did not complete full medical exam). They wanted to check my TB skin test, get some titers, draw my blood, do immigration physical, check me for syphilis, and a few more ( 390, 00$ just for initial tests, not the final fee). All that is needed for people who are doing full physical and who did not have their full medical in less than a year. As a K1 visa holder, I had all of that done to me before I left for the US. Tried to explain them, but they were not much into listening to me. I cancelled my visit, called about 8 other civil surgeons.

The civil surgeon that worked best for me and the one I want to recommend to others in NC is Dr. Nina Uppin, Randolph Medical Associates. Dr. Uppin was friendly, easy to deal with, her nurse was awesome. She called me back when I was signing up an appointment, listened to what I had to say, confirmed with the doctor that doing only vaccination part was not a problem, asked me to bring Form I-693 instructions to my appointment, set me up an appointment as soon as possible. On the day of appointment, Dr. Uppin carefully checked my vaccination history ( I brought my DS=3025 form and my Immunization History Book from my country that was translated into English), marked all appropriate immunizations on my card, and did vaccination transcript for 75$ I had a very positive experience visiting their office and I would recommend anybody in North Carolina who needs to transcribe their vaccinations or to those of you who need full medical exam go to Dr. Uppin. She did not try to make me pass any extra tests or exams. Here is her address:

Dr.Nina Uppin, Randolph Medical Assosiates

237-A North Fayetteville Street, Asheboro, NC 27203

(336) 625-3248

Edited by memmy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.