jordanianprincess

Adjusting

130 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
mine keeps on losing weight...loses too much more and he'll disappear.... I can only force him to eat so many times... sad thing is he wants to gain but he just can't. He says he doesn't get hungry and doesn't think to eat..I dunno what to do...I might just have to go down the unhealthy path for a while with him .. just to get some meat on his bones ..... I don't know what I'm gonna do with him :wacko:

Mayo drip! Stat!

LMAO. That's so funny Jenn!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I tend to gain weight under stress. My SO tends to lose. And this process is certainly stressful. It is so unusual in the USA for anyone to say they "want" to gain weight, but he has told me about women in Morocco who take medicine to help them gain. Difficult to wrap my mind around that one, and that shows my cultural conditioning at work. I have heard more than one ME/NA couple say that the ME/NA man had wasted away a bit during the process and wanted to gain a little back to get into a more healthy range after it was all over. No harm there. But there is some evidence that immigrants do tend to gain without really trying, due in part to walking less and eating more processed foods after moving here.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2004-1...ants-usat_x.htm

We plan to stay away from processed foods as much as possible, but helping him maintain his current level of physical activity here where cars are so prevalent will be a challenge. We're already talking gym memberships and regular hiking/biking trips.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Timeline
I tend to gain weight under stress. My SO tends to lose. And this process is certainly stressful. . . . . But there is some evidence that immigrants do tend to gain without really trying, due in part to walking less and eating more processed foods after moving here.

Sounds like me too . . . I gain, he loses!!! I think his problem is the "cigarettes and bepsi" diet . . . just doesn't eat much and smokes cigarettes to make up for it. That will have to change and he knows it . . . it is not good for him and I am allergic to cigarette smoke . . . soft drinks can be soooooooooo bad for the stomache too with all that acid.

As for the Processed foods . . . I am trying to stay away from them myself because of all the additives. I went thru a very bad spell last week because of something I bought which had MSG . . . I have renewed my efforts at reading labels because it is in everything now . . . some of it my staples like Lean Cuisine and Campbell's/Progresso soups (yep, start checking . . . you will be surprised). . . But also many processed meats!!

I cooked cabbage and cauliflour yesterday . . . so I am trying to boost my servings of vegs to a higher level . . . MORE fiber!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm afraid Hamid is going to lose weight because he doesn't like a lot of the food here, and he's already a little thin, because of some medication he recently took. He's a picky eater (IMO) and I'm not sure what I should do to get him to gain a few pounds!! ( I do like those 6 pack abs though! hehe)

timeline doesn't matter.

i would give my left foot to be thin like my husband. he has a washboard stomach and a complete 6 pack...but no meat on his bones... He has some fantastic muscles though!!! :devil: *sigh* hehehe

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Sofyan has put on 20lbs since coming here..healthy pounds though, he was too skinny before..and I have lost 10.....he isnt picky at all.....we eat dinner at home every night together but since he is out all afternoon driving the taxi....he loves his burgers, chicken, and pizza for lunch....

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm planning to fatten up my husband when he gets here, insha'allah, and he knows it. Moroccan men tend to be way too thin, imo.

I agree with you. I intend to bulk mine up too (he knows it) but by going to the gym, not with McDonalds.. I want him firm, not flabby like me!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

I'm planning to fatten up my husband when he gets here, insha'allah, and he knows it. Moroccan men tend to be way too thin, imo.

I agree with you. I intend to bulk mine up too (he knows it) but by going to the gym, not with McDonalds.. I want him firm, not flabby like me!

I don't try to fatten mine up with McDonalds...HE tries to fatten himself up at McDonalds! He gets a dbl chzbrgr and a mcChicken ..fries and a big azzed soda at least once a week ... and he still doesn't gain...he loses... .. I eat a salad and gain.. so unfair!

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't try to fatten mine up with McDonalds...HE tries to fatten himself up at McDonalds! He gets a dbl chzbrgr and a mcChicken ..fries and a big azzed soda at least once a week ... and he still doesn't gain...he loses... .. I eat a salad and gain.. so unfair!

I like you kitty cat pic... he's cute (F)

I like you kitty cat pic... he's cute (F)

thaaaaaaaaanks.... :) I thought it was the cutest thing EVER!!! :blush:

Interview-December 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.