SweetSimplicity

Ahh..the famous DS-156K phrase.....need some up-to-date info guys,please!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys! smile.png

I've been looking around the net and Visajourney for hours now, and I finally decided to post a topic of my own, because honestly, the info I found is contradictory and out-dated ..

I'm filling up the DS-156K, and you've all read that famous phrase:

'' THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A FIANCEE NONIMMIGRANT VISA.

* birth certificate, marriage certificate (if any), evidence of engagement, evidence of financial support, divorce decree (if any), death certificate of spouse (if any), birth cerificates of All children listed in number five, police certificate

Now, my question is, do I attach all those aforementioned docs to the DS-156K, and mail it out with the Package 3 (Montreal Consulate)...or do I simply bring them with me to the interview?

I'm having a hard time believing I'd have to mail out all my original docs...

ANYY help is greatly greatly (and another greatly) appreciated!

thanks darlings,

K-1 FIANCEE VISA

Petition Received at USCIS: July 23rd, 2012

RFE: Mid January (thanks to our terrible lawyer who made mistakes while filing for us :'( )

NOA 2- Approved: March 13th, 2013

Current Status: it never reached the NVC, Expiring on July 13th, 2013 :'(

Help?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

SWEETSIMPLICITY please help by showing me where to get access to post a new topic by my self,am unable to see this menu on this site since i singed up with a user name and password,inituially i was able to post becuase i was not signed up but now NOPE.Please help me....

Each consulate has different instructions. Follow the instructions given by the consulate you are going through. (for MTL, do what Packet 3 says)

Edited by Rob & Monika

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Timeline

SWEETSIMPLICITY please help by showing me where to get access to post a new topic by my self,am unable to see this menu on this site since i singed up with a user name and password,inituially i was able to post becuase i was not signed up but now NOPE.Please help me....

Hello, just click on "Start New Topic" in the upper right hand corner of your screen :)

K-1 FIANCEE VISA

RFE: Mid January (thanks to our terrible lawyer who made mistakes while filing for us :'( )

Help?

Timeline

People have been sending the list of required documents with checkmarks to say that you have them, and then bringing the documents (original + photocopies) at the interview.

Others have sent the photocopies of the documents + the list with checkmarks and brought the originals with them at the interview.

I would not send the originals with the packet 3. Because if you lose your original of your birth certificate in the mail, that's gonna suck. Or if they refuse to give it back to you. There's also a guide about the Montreal Consulate on top of the Canadian forum.

K1 Journey AOS Journey

I-129f sent - 2013/02/27 I-485 sent - 2013/12/17

NOA1 - 2013/03/05 NOA- 2013/12/24

NOA2 -2013/07/09 (126 days (4 months and 4 days) from NoA1) Biometrics- 2014/01/22 at Metairie, LA

Packet 3 mailed - 2013/08/02 NOA - Approved!!! 2014/08/28

Packet 4 received - 2013/08/12

Interview scheduled -2013/09/11

POE - 2013/09/20 (By car at Highgate/Vermont)

Timeline

hey thanks ^^ that's what I've deducted as well from the millions of threads I've been reading

I emailed the consulate, so hopefully they can shed some light on the correct procedure.

I'm leaning towards mailing only the form by itself, since there's no indication on the list that they want all the other docs (birth certificate, etc.) if it was a necessity, I'm pretty sure it would've been a separate category on the list, saying "photocopies of birth certif.,etc..)

K-1 FIANCEE VISA

Help?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.