success93

What are my chances of getting F-1 Student Visa?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys! My F-1 Student visa Interview in Santo Domingo, is soon and I'm worried I'm might get rejected. I would appreciate some advice to do well with my interview and opinions about my chances of getting the visa.

I'm a 20 year old Dominican Girl.

I've had B-2 visitor visa since I was 5 years old.

I have traveled to several countries in Europe and I hold a Schengen Visa.

My mother is the one sponsoring my education.

My school is a community college and they require a minimum of $18,000 . Which I'm able to show in liquid assets.

I am an only child.

I would be living with my god mother so room&board are covered.

TOEFL Score of 111.

I plan to attend the community college and get an Associates in Marketing then transfer to NYU, Baruch, FIT or NYIT .

Edited by success93

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Well just be yourself and you have to show the Counselor that you will return after completion of your studies. I have a friend that was approved for F-1 visa in Ghana last Monday. She told me that the counselor asked her the following:

-Are you staying on campus or off campus

-What's your major/ and why

-Your relationship with your sponsor

- Which state will you be living

-have you ever travel outside the country

Please note that since it is different country, they might asked your a different question.

Best advise is calm down, show them confidence in your answers, and convince them that you will return.

Dress professionally.

Good luck.

You seem to have a good amount of success as it is. I encourage you to continue to follow your dreams no matter what.the outcome is. Read the information below:

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/atc-110502.html

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/today-my-little-sister-age-25-from-dominican-repub-1199261.html

http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/33737-f-1-visa.html

From what I know, they will ask that you show strong ties to the Dominican Rep. and that you will return and not violate the terms of your visa. Whatever you say will be held against you if you cannot prove it. Their main concern is someone "lying" to get a visa and not return to DR. It will be difficult, however, tell the truth and be yourself. I wish you the best.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Hey guys! My F-1 Student visa Interview in Santo Domingo, is soon and I'm worried I'm might get rejected. I would appreciate some advice to do well with my interview and opinions about my chances of getting the visa.

I'm a 20 year old Dominican Girl.

I've had B-2 visitor visa since I was 5 years old.

I have traveled to several countries in Europe and I hold a Schengen Visa.

My mother is the one sponsoring my education.

My school is a community college and they require a minimum of $18,000 . Which I'm able to show in liquid assets.

I am an only child.

I would be living with my god mother so room&board are covered.

TOEFL Score of 111.

I plan to attend the community college and get an Associates in Marketing then transfer to NYU, Baruch, FIT or NYIT .

I don't want to burst your bubble. But look at the requirments for NYU and the other schools you listed for transfer students. I'm not sure if NYU takes anyone from a CC. Also have you looked at the tuition for NYU? It's about three times the price of $18,000. Just something to consider. I went to school in NYC and it's very expensive there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.