Alvanx

No NOA1, filed in Frankfurt

37 posts in this topic

My experience is that I am still waiting to find out if our petition was approved or not. It's been over 6 weeks now.

I sent in my petition packet, but on the top of it was the form asking to be e-notified of anything. I haven't received any e-mails thus far.

Is that seriously the NOA1? I had no idea, but we received that about a week after we sent in the paperwork. So I guess we have our NOA1, but we still don't know if the stupid petition was approved or not.

*Edit: Just checked. We received that stuff on May 26, 12 days after we sent in the packet.

Yes, that was definitely the NOA1. It's simply the general letter stating they received your petition

Woohoo Fortitude! Congrats! You'll be headed to the USA in no time!

I am the USC, my husband is German.

I resided in Germany from July 2008-October 2013.

I have two stepsons who are staying in Germany.

Our son was born 3/3/2012 and our daughter was born 4/4/2015.

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

MAY 15, 2013: Mail signed for in Frankfurt. NOA1

MAY 21, 2013: Return receipt came back in the mail.

MAY 25, 2013: $420 Petition fee was charged to our credit card.

MAY 25, 2013: NOA1 paperwork received in the mail.

JULY 12, 2013: NOA2 received.

JULY 13, 2013: NOA2 sent back.

AUG 15, 2013: Packet 3 sent in.

AUG 30, 2013: Husband's medical in Berlin.

SEPT 12, 2013: Received letter with husband's interview date!

SEPT 19, 2013: INTERVIEW. APPROVED!!

SEPT 21, 2013: Visa received.

OCT 5, 2013: POE in Newark, NJ (layover).

DEC 17, 2013: SSN Card finally arrived!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

DEC 28, 2013: Green card arrived!

FUTURE: Visas for my stepsons!

OOOHHH, you know what? I just checked the paperwork that we received (the NOA1, now that I know), and it's date stamped May 15, 2013. So I can add those 10 days to my "wait" now. That makes me feel a bit better. haha

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

That is great!! What a relief to have it all over!

I'm so relieved. I've been worried up until now. The interview wasn't that hard at all, especially since we had our 2 year old son there. Good thing I took my son's birth certificate because that sealed the deal.

Woohoo Fortitude! Congrats! You'll be headed to the USA in no time!

Thanks! Yes, as soon as I can get a flight we can afford. We're poor right now :P

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm so relieved. I've been worried up until now. The interview wasn't that hard at all, especially since we had our 2 year old son there. Good thing I took my son's birth certificate because that sealed the deal.

Thanks! Yes, as soon as I can get a flight we can afford. We're poor right now tongue.png

We got 5 tickets, 2 adult, 2 children (same price as adult) and an infant ticket all for 2400€ leaving Oct. 15th from Nürnberg to Dallas. We used a travel agent and it was 1000€ cheaper than the online price! Would you like her contact information? I bet she could get 3 tickets at a great price.

I will remember to bring our 3 kids and their American birth certificates! Did you submit your sons' birth certificate before? I wondered if they would write asking to see them since they are listed on the petition, but born in Germany.

We got 5 tickets, 2 adult, 2 children (same price as adult) and an infant ticket all for 2400€ leaving Oct. 15th from Nürnberg to Dallas. We used a travel agent and it was 1000€ cheaper than the online price! Would you like her contact information? I bet she could get 3 tickets at a great price.

I will remember to bring our 3 kids and their American birth certificates! Did you submit your sons' birth certificate before? I wondered if they would write asking to see them since they are listed on the petition, but born in Germany.

Oh, I would really appreciate that. You can private message me her contact details.

I submitted his birth certificate with the I-130 because I thought maybe it would help with the approval time. I don't know if it did or not, but it was approve in a little over a month. But the officer at the interview asked if I had my son's birth certificate so he didn't have it on hand, that's why I'm glad I took it. It probably saved us some trouble because he wanted to verify something on it.

Hm...Hopefully it doesn't slow it down that I didn't submit the kids'. I am kicking myself in the butt for it now!

Messaging you the contact info now!

Adding the USA birth certificates of your children to the petition definitely is a huge plus and could possibly speed up the process! (Says the girl who's been married for almost 5 years with a German/American son, that's been waiting 6+ weeks for an answer.. haha)

Hi Alvanx!

Something my husband and I thought about in case we lost the tickets we already had was that we could get one of those offers for vacation to the US and just don't use the ticket back. For that you can always check Urlaubspiraten.de and Urlaubsguru.de.

Also, I just happened to read yesterday that Condor airlines has an offer on flights to the US. You can get a good deal for 500 euros a person from Frankfurt to a few cities in the US. I don't know if the city you need to go is included on the offer, but for example, you can fly to Fort Lauderdale FL for 369 a person, and then take a low-cost airline flight :)

Here's the link: http://www.condor.com/ibe/cfi/de/offersLong/flightOffersListView.xhtml?dwSessionId=6A3689C4A4BDEBD4FAF84A24996C3C2F.content01

Hopefully you'll find something affordable soon! :)

Cheers!

October 2010 - Met during a business trip in Berlin, Germany

March 2012 - We're engaged, yay! 

I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Frankfurt:
28 Jul 2012 - Married in Maryville, TN

13 Sep 2012 - Moved to Bonn, Germany
18 Apr 2013 - I-130 filed
29 Apr 2013 - Notice of receipt (NOA1)
22 Jun 2013 - Received NOA2 (Packet 3)

1 Jul 2013 - Packet 3 sent
5 Jul 2013 - Packet 3 processed in Frankfurt
8 Jul 2013 - Medical examination in Dortmund

14 Aug 2013 - Interview in Frankfurt - APPROVED!!!

16 Aug 2013 - My passport arrives home

19 Aug 2013 - Returning the passport and the whole visa packet to the Consulate due to a mistake on the Summary Page

26 Aug 2013 - Received again all the documents, this time everything's correct

20 Oct 2013 - POE: Atlanta

30 Oct 2013 - Received SSN

20 Nov 2013 - Received Green Card

23 Sep 2014 - *Our daughter Sofia is born!*

Removal of Conditions:

23 Jul 2015 - Sent I-751

27 Jul 2015 - NOA1

Aug 24 2015 - Biometrics

Dec 11 2015 - Approved

Dec 18 2015 - Received Green Card in the mail

Citizenship:

22 Jul 2016 - Sent N-400 packet

02 Aug 2016 - Check cashed and NOA1

23 Aug 2016 - Biometrics in Atlanta

26 Nov 2016 - NOA for 2nd Biometrics (#######?)

13 Dic 2016 - 2nd Biometrics in Atlanta

12 Apr 2017 - Interview letter arrives

17 May 2017 - Naturalization interview in Memphis, TN

18 Jul 2017 - Oath ceremony in Knoxville, TN! A whole new chapter begins! 

Hi Alvanx!

Something my husband and I thought about in case we lost the tickets we already had was that we could get one of those offers for vacation to the US and just don't use the ticket back. For that you can always check Urlaubspiraten.de and Urlaubsguru.de.

Also, I just happened to read yesterday that Condor airlines has an offer on flights to the US. You can get a good deal for 500 euros a person from Frankfurt to a few cities in the US. I don't know if the city you need to go is included on the offer, but for example, you can fly to Fort Lauderdale FL for 369 a person, and then take a low-cost airline flight smile.png

Here's the link: http://www.condor.com/ibe/cfi/de/offersLong/flightOffersListView.xhtml?dwSessionId=6A3689C4A4BDEBD4FAF84A24996C3C2F.content01

Hopefully you'll find something affordable soon! smile.png

Cheers!

Yeah, I've noticed they have a really good deal. And even without the deal, they are the cheapest I've found. So if a travel agent can't find any cheaper, I'll go for Condor.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hm...Hopefully it doesn't slow it down that I didn't submit the kids'. I am kicking myself in the butt for it now!

Messaging you the contact info now!

Hi Alvanx,

I submitted an I-130 for my wife in Frankfurt on the 17th of June. We still haven't heard anything from USCIS on the status of it and we're on day 55. They said it can take between 60-90 days and we've been hoping to be closer to the 60 day part of it. My wife and I were just wondering if you'd heard anything back from Frankfurt (since your petition was submitted close to the same date as ours)? Thanks!

June 17th 2013 Submitted I-130 at Consulate in Frankfurt

June 19th 2013 Submitted additional evidence of relationship (advised to submit while at Consulate)

Presently ClockWatch2.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Alvanx,

I submitted an I-130 for my wife in Frankfurt on the 17th of June. We still haven't heard anything from USCIS on the status of it and we're on day 55. They said it can take between 60-90 days and we've been hoping to be closer to the 60 day part of it. My wife and I were just wondering if you'd heard anything back from Frankfurt (since your petition was submitted close to the same date as ours)? Thanks!

Hi,

I just talked to them on Thursday and it is still pending status. Really stinks!!! I know a woman who only took 2 months and she applied a month before. So I guess we are looking at the 90 day mark!

just so you know if you filed via in person you will not get an NOA1. thats what my friend did and he didnt get one, when he filed in Frankfurt in person. the receipt you got is essentially NOA1. its nothing more than them saying that you had everything needed to start the petition, and that they are working on it for approval. also people who are looking for cheaper flights, there are many many military travel agencies that offer cheaper flights (eg. SATO). there is no need for proof of service, as for its from service members and family. the only down sides is that the carriers is always American Airlines, its an outdated Boeing 767 (meaning youll be bored for 10+ hours), and there will be many service members aboard the flight. its cheap , so you get what you pay for.

Edited by harrisonthai

01AUG2013 - Sent in I-130 and required evidence

05AUG2-13 - USCIS received our petition

08AUG2013 - $420 withdrawn from my bank account

15AUG2013 - NOA1 received

11OCT2013 - Return from Afghanistan dancin5hr.gif

21OCT2013 - RFE - Requested my boarding passes from the itinerary I provided. AHH!

21NOV2013 - Approved via e-mail by Rome USCIS

26NOV2013 - Got our case number from Frankfurt IV via e-mail

26NOV2013 - Completed DS-260

07DEC2013 - Packet 3 Sent

18DEC2013 - Interview letter

03JAN2014 - Interview - APPROVED! goofy.gif

09JAN2014 - Visa arrived in the mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Can you please keep us updated if you hear anything? Hopefully it'll be at least a couple weeks less than 90 days. Good luck!!!

June 17th 2013 Submitted I-130 at Consulate in Frankfurt

June 19th 2013 Submitted additional evidence of relationship (advised to submit while at Consulate)

Presently ClockWatch2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.