sharaby03

Case Complete, Medical Expedite

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I got my wifes case completed last week. She needs surgery, so I sent in the required documents to proove it to nvc through email so they can expedite it. If they approve it, how long does the expedite process take. I'm trying to expedite the interview. Also will they deny her approval at the interview because I submitted a request that she needs medical attention?

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

*** moved to progress reports ***

I'm not sure on the time frame. When you expedite through the NVC you're leaving everything in the hands of the embassy vs getting all the checks done at the NVC. If anything is wrong, it costs you more time. The embassy also might require proof of insurance because of the medical expedite and surgery requirements. They may want to know that she is well covered with the AOS as well.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's a lot of iffs.

I suggest you get a handle on your diagnosis first.

They would presumably not let her through knowing she had no way of paying for her major surgery upon arrival.

Same goes for people with major pre-existing conditions.

Many of them must show proof of healthy insurance upon arrival in us as well as ability to support the purchase of the prescriptions.

oldlady.gif

If she is going to need medical care in the USA due to a pre-existing condition or medical concerns, the consular officer can demand that she has insurance set up in the USA before approving her at the interview. I've seen it happen on here (Jamaica comes to mind) because the beneficiary had diabetes.

What you mean get a handle on your diagnosis first?

She means, you need to make sure you are sure of the diagnosis before you are requesting a medical expedite.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You said paying for her surgery upon arrival? what you mean? upon arrival to the states or upon arrival to the interview?? its possible she can have it done here and i can get proof of that, and if theres nothing wrong after all i can also get proof of that. im a bit worried now, im thinking about cancelling my expedite request

we still gonna get a second opinion

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Timeline

You said paying for her surgery upon arrival? what you mean? upon arrival to the states or upon arrival to the interview?? its possible she can have it done here and i can get proof of that, and if theres nothing wrong after all i can also get proof of that. im a bit worried now, im thinking about cancelling my expedite request

If you can have surgery there, then why take the place of someone else's interview?

You already sent it, then you already sent it.

Even if you "cancel" it, I doubt you can hide your claims from everyone that she requires surgery.

In which case, they would consequently require insurance.

Unless of course you've magically had the surgery before the interview, then I suppose you'll be okay, but you'll have to prove that.

And hope that they didn't expedite your request because then you may face some backlash due to false claims.

oldlady.gif

If she does the surgery here, and she prooves it yet the already expedited her request. She goes to the interview and she shows them proof, what will they do at the interview? give her another interview date since she already had surgery, or do we just call NVC and tell them to either cancel the request or tell them she already got an interview.

It's very possible for someone to get diagnosis, get worried and send in a request then later on find out the diagnosis is wrong, its very possible. so how would that backlash???? KDH you toying with me or something, sorry no offense

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Timeline

I never said anything about backlash from a misdiagnosis.

I've given you enough advice to make a proper decision and plan for the future.

I'll let someone else takeover giving any more.

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.