4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone, please enlighten me because there's so many question in my mind right now maybe because we got denied but im not angry or whatsoever im just confused and a bit sad. Im happy because atleast we tried. Here's a little bit of my questions...

1. If you have an approved petition by an LPR would it be difficult for you to get a tourist visa?

2. If you are applying for a tourist visa will it be more easier if you will be invited by someone who is an LPR? - Because my mom sent us a letter of invitation but when we faced the visa officer when he asked us "what's our purpose" we answered "we're gonna visit our mom and siblings" and then the visa officer didn't even bother to check the files that we brought with us (now here's my question) will be our faith different if we answered "Our mom invited us to the US?" because she sent us an invitation letter and many other supporting documents.

3. Here' the rest of the interview: about my work, income, if im single (yes), if i have kids (none) and first time to travel outside philippines (yes) and THAT's it.

4. Sorry your not qualified

5. Can you please give me some of your observation, suggestion, honest opinion and conclusion why it end-up that way.

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

wow, i was also confused when i had my interview for tourist visa, on both occasions he didnt look at my documents, i was asked the same questions as you. but i got educated about it later, from your answers to the interview, there's no way the consular would grant the visa, unless a miracle. u scored 0 out 10.

now to address the questions

at the interview u are suppose to prove u will return, thus u are not an intending immigrant, how to u prove that when u have an approved petition to immigrate?

you are going to see your mom and siblings, meaning u have your family in the US, meaning the US would become your comfort zone and u wont want to return.

you were asked about your work and income, if you aren't currently making as much as you could possibly make in the US, then that's not good for you, bcos it means when u go and get an offer, u would stay, u wont say "o i am making a lot from my job in phillipines anyway to im returning"

being single with no kids is not good for the interview, to the consular, it means u have no ties to make u return, if u were married with kids, it would have really increased your chances of quality, that's what they want.

u haven't travelled outside the phillipines before, meaning u dont have travel experience, to the consular, when u get to the USA, it would be like heaven to you and u wont want to return to earth(phillipines). travel experience increases your chances, for consular, its like u travelled to for example europe and return so its more likely u return, that's if u had travel experience.

ask people u know who have acquired tourist visas before, and then u can see the difference and travel to adjust.

A. A.

Hi everyone, please enlighten me because there's so many question in my mind right now maybe because we got denied but im not angry or whatsoever im just confused and a bit sad. Im happy because atleast we tried. Here's a little bit of my questions...

1. If you have an approved petition by an LPR would it be difficult for you to get a tourist visa? u will get denied! ABSOLUTLY!

2. If you are applying for a tourist visa will it be more easier if you will be invited by someone who is an LPR? - Because my mom sent us a letter of invitation but when we faced the visa officer when he asked us "what's our purpose" we answered "we're gonna visit our mom and siblings" and then the visa officer didn't even bother to check the files that we brought with us (now here's my question) will be our faith different if we answered "Our mom invited us to the US?" because she sent us an invitation letter and many other supporting documents. u will get denied! ABSOLUTLY!

3. Here' the rest of the interview: about my work, income, if im single (yes), if i have kids (none) and first time to travel outside philippines (yes) and THAT's it.

4. Sorry your not qualified

5. Can you please give me some of your observation, suggestion, honest opinion and conclusion why it end-up that way.

Thank you.

if u apply for touris visa, and you are in the process of petition u will get denied! ABSOLUTLY!

if your mother an LPR and eventou she gives you invitation letter it will not give any effect at all to consulate maybe they will refer to your mother to apply u F2b Petition.

why?? Bcos it is very cleary that you are having intention to migrate to US. and any intention that shown or not will be end up with denied visa!

maybe you will get tourist visa if only you said : i want to go to US for holiday with my friends. and i will be back after holiday, thats it! never ever bring your mother or siblings name.. coz that show u "maybe" will not back and being illegal.

i hope u understand my explanation.

Edited by n4th4ly4

RYubm4.png

Single people with few ties to their home country get denied regularly. Young single people even more so. The exception is if you have a very good paying job, by US standards typically, or you have travelled to other First World countries and returned--i.e. followed the rules of the visa. Too many people in th apast has used and abused the tourist visa to get to teh US and not leave. So the US has taken the stand that everybody applying for a tourist visa is an intending immigrant. It is up to YOU so show that you have more ties to the PI then the US. Unfortunately, having relatives in the US, no job, no property, being young and single were all strikes against you. The approved petition may or may not have helped as you are going about immigration the legal way, but all the other issues could not be over come. I will give you my wife's story when she applied for her tourist visa back in 2008. She had not been outside of the FSU in several years. She had a very good paying job by local standards. She owns her apartment and has family in Almaty. Her first visit to the Consolute resulted in a denial. Two weeks later she went back and was approved. The difference was the IO. He knew that the job she had was very good. You can always try again if you can afford the visa fee.

Good luck,

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.