domwardbound

Russia police certificate - required content

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

All,

My wife is currently going for her police certificate. I gave her the info from the Moscow embassy website detailing the information that should be in the police certificate:

• Applicants are required to submit police certificates (original and English translation) in ALL names (including maiden names) as well as ALL dates of birth that they have used. The police certificate must contain references to EACH place (subject to the jurisdiction of the Russian Federation) in which the applicant lives or has lived for more than six months since their 16th birthday or must indicate that the applicant’s name(s) have been checked against the central database of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD). This includes localities where applicants have lived during university studies.

However, when she told this information to the company to retrieve the document, they said that Russian police certificates do not include "references to EACH place" where they've lived. I looked for examples of the "Справка об отсутствии судимости" from MVD, and found pictures (attached).

These examples indeed do not directly reference each place the person has lived, only their current location of registration (top right of document) and their birth place:

• (не) имеются сведения о судимости (в том числе погашенной и снятой) на территории Российской Федерации.
    (не) имеются сведения о факте уголовного преследования либо о прекращении уголовного преследования на территории Российской Федерации.
The above only references criminal records in all of Russia, with no direct reference to each place/locality that was searched.
For those who have already gone through this process, do the attached examples look like your police certificate, and did the embassy accept this?
Thanks!

post-140174-0-52361500-1371232189_thumb.jpg

post-140174-0-11976200-1371232197_thumb.jpg

31 May 2013 - Sent I-130 to Phoenix Lockbox

03 Jun 2013 - USPS shows package as received

06 Jun 2013 - Received text and email with receipt number

08 Jun 2013 - Received paper I-797C. Received and Priority date - June 3. Notice date - June 5.

17 Dec 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

04 Mar 2014 - I-130 approved

05 Mar 2014 - I-130 shipped to NVC/DOS

17 Mar 2014 - Received by NVC

16 Apr 2014 - Case number assigned

22 Apr 2014 - DS-261 available and completed

23 Apr 2014 - AOS invoice email received
25 Apr 2014 - AOS fee available and paid

26 Apr 2014 - AOS packet sent (delivered 28 Apr, NVC system received 30 Apr)

30 Apr 2014 - IV invoice email received; fee available and paid
01 May 2014 - IV packet sent (delivered 02 May, NVC system received 05 May)

02 May 2014 - DS-260 available and completed

20 May 2014 - received AOS checklist (left mail address blank on I-864EZ)

22 May 2014 - checklist response delivered

27 May 2014 - NVC system received checklist

27 May 2014 - false checklist received

26 Jun 2014 - NVC case complete

10 Jul 2014 - interview scheduled (per phone call)

14 Jul 2014 - receive interview notification email

06 Aug 2014 - interview (approved); visa issued

08 Aug 2014 - passport/visa delivered

30 Aug 2014 - point of entry

10 Sep 2014 - social security card delivered

29 Sep 2014 - green card delivered

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

In the examples that you attached persons only lived in one region, therefore there is reference to only one region. Look at the first sentence in the text of справка. First doc states that " the Main Information Analysis Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia for Rostovskaya oblast...", and the second one "for Moscow and Moskovskaya oblast". It does have a specific reference. I've lived in two regions, and here is a translation of my document:

This is to certify that there are (are not) any records of conviction (including spent or removed conviction) in the territory of the Russian Federation:

none available

(date of conviction, name of the sentencing court, item, part and article of the Criminal Code, term and type of sentence, discharge date,

grounds for cancellation or clearing of criminal record)

there are (are not) any records of criminal prosecution or termination of criminal prosecution in the territory of the Russian Federation:

none available

(date of initiation of criminal case, name of the decision-making body, item, part and article of the Criminal Code, date of and grounds

for termination of criminal case)

on files of the Federal Public Institution ‘Main Information Analysis Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia’, Information Center of the Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia for Primorsky Kray, Information Center of the Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia for Sakhalin Oblast

(information centers of the local bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia at the regional level)

pertaining to Ivanov Ivan Ivanovich

(last name, first name, patronymic (if any), including former,

born on January 1, 1900 in Vladivostok

date and place of birth)

Additional information: none

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

In the examples that you attached persons only lived in one region, therefore there is reference to only one region. Look at the first sentence in the text of справка. First doc states that " the Main Information Analysis Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia for Rostovskaya oblast...", and the second one "for Moscow and Moskovskaya oblast". It does have a specific reference. I've lived in two regions, and here is a translation of my document:

This is to certify that there are (are not) any records of conviction (including spent or removed conviction) in the territory of the Russian Federation:

none available

(date of conviction, name of the sentencing court, item, part and article of the Criminal Code, term and type of sentence, discharge date,

grounds for cancellation or clearing of criminal record)

there are (are not) any records of criminal prosecution or termination of criminal prosecution in the territory of the Russian Federation:

none available

(date of initiation of criminal case, name of the decision-making body, item, part and article of the Criminal Code, date of and grounds

for termination of criminal case)

on files of the Federal Public Institution ‘Main Information Analysis Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia’, Information Center of the Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia for Primorsky Kray, Information Center of the Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia for Sakhalin Oblast

(information centers of the local bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia at the regional level)

pertaining to Ivanov Ivan Ivanovich

(last name, first name, patronymic (if any), including former,

born on January 1, 1900 in Vladivostok

date and place of birth)

Additional information: none

Thanks very much for the info - that makes sense. I'm guessing either my wife or the devushka she was talking to didn't understand something. I'm just trying not to stress about it. As I see it, mine isn't the first Russian police certificate to be used for a US visa. If someone's saying the one we will get is the only one and it works, I can't worry about it before I even have it in my hands to look at myself.

Anyway, I noticed in the requirements:

"The police certificate must contain

• references to EACH place (subject to the jurisdiction of the Russian Federation) in which the applicant lives or has lived for more than six months since their 16th birthday

or

• must indicate that the applicant’s name(s) have been checked against the central database of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD)."

Seems as though yours and the examples I posted list the main MVD and the local MVDs that were checked. Whatever... like I said, stressing about this form is a very American thing to do. Just need to be more Russian - more zen eb0dfafc.gif

Edited by domwardbound

31 May 2013 - Sent I-130 to Phoenix Lockbox

03 Jun 2013 - USPS shows package as received

06 Jun 2013 - Received text and email with receipt number

08 Jun 2013 - Received paper I-797C. Received and Priority date - June 3. Notice date - June 5.

17 Dec 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

04 Mar 2014 - I-130 approved

05 Mar 2014 - I-130 shipped to NVC/DOS

17 Mar 2014 - Received by NVC

16 Apr 2014 - Case number assigned

22 Apr 2014 - DS-261 available and completed

23 Apr 2014 - AOS invoice email received
25 Apr 2014 - AOS fee available and paid

26 Apr 2014 - AOS packet sent (delivered 28 Apr, NVC system received 30 Apr)

30 Apr 2014 - IV invoice email received; fee available and paid
01 May 2014 - IV packet sent (delivered 02 May, NVC system received 05 May)

02 May 2014 - DS-260 available and completed

20 May 2014 - received AOS checklist (left mail address blank on I-864EZ)

22 May 2014 - checklist response delivered

27 May 2014 - NVC system received checklist

27 May 2014 - false checklist received

26 Jun 2014 - NVC case complete

10 Jul 2014 - interview scheduled (per phone call)

14 Jul 2014 - receive interview notification email

06 Aug 2014 - interview (approved); visa issued

08 Aug 2014 - passport/visa delivered

30 Aug 2014 - point of entry

10 Sep 2014 - social security card delivered

29 Sep 2014 - green card delivered

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

More zen is good)) star_smile.gif

When your wife fills out the form to request the certificate, there will be a line where she needs to list all 'regions' where she lived. Requirement to have references to each place where she lived doesn't mean specific addresses and apartments, it means - oblast' or kray (like states) subject to the jurisdiction of the Russian Federation. As long as she lists every region she lived in, the Information Center will check for the criminal records pertaining to her with those regions authorities. Don't worry, there shouldn't be a problem.

There are couple nuances though concerning the timing of preparing this document :

• If she only lived in one region and this where she requests Справка, then it'll be prepared faster. If multiple regions involved - it might take a little longer. In Primorky kray (Vladivostok) where I live, they told me that 1 region officially might take up to 1 month, multiple regions - up to 2 months to check against. girlwerewolf2xn.gif In reality, when I requested mine, it took a little over 3 wks (multiple regions involved). This is if you go by requesting Справка in person at the Information center.
  • If your wife is registered at www.gosuslugi.ru (Russian electronic services portal), then she can request it online, and obtaining the Справка is much faster. It took me a little over 1 week last time I requested it dancin5hr.gif (For the record - getting registered at this site takes time and involves receiving credentials by mail, so if she is not, don't even worry about it. Just request it in person)

Good luck! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.