Jviddy

DCF London process for ds2001

7 posts in this topic

I received a letter from the Immigrant Visa Branch last night. This one actually addressed to me as opposed to my wife (the american).

This one points me to a website

london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html

mentioned the medical and then tells me that an appointment will not be scheduled until we have all forms (ds-230 I/II, checklist 2001 and have received the results of the medical.

I was hoping to be more organised at this point but i was expecting everything to take a bit longer. I've applied for my police cert and my father in law is completing a i-864 and will post it asap.

So now i have lots of questions and hopefully you people will be able to help.

1. What does this go down as on my timeline (important things first). I'm guessing NVC received.
  2. It's says in big letter "DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRUMSTANCES SEND ANY DOCUMENTS TO THIS OFFICE UNTIL SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED". I'm pretty sure this means supporting documents. But i just wanted to check i was ok to send the various forms through and i'm nto waiting for anything else
  3. Does this mean i can book my medical (for a time after i've received my police cert.
  4. Do i send my DS-230 now and then the DS2001 when i have all the docs or am i better off waiting and sending it all at once.
  5. i haven't check through the form requirements properly yet (still a little in shock) but can i send off stuff now as i should have the rest of the stuff in a week or so and get in the queue for an interview.

I'm sure i'll ahve lots more questions, so i apologise in advance for bombarding you all

1. No idea. The timeline stages confuse me, particularly in our DCF case. You got a letter so that's Packet 3 received date, right?

2. Yeah. It just means they want to forms now, they've actually asked for them. Correct - no supporting docs, they all go with you in person.

3. Yep, but yeah, make sure to pad it so it'll come after the certificate because they definitely want to see that. If you hadn't already ordered your cert, there was a premium processing option (more expensive) that's supposed to come back in a guaranteed time.

4. I think it's a bit up to you. The DS2001 is a statement that you have all the supporting docs in hand, so to send it before you actually *do* have all the supporting docs in hand would be somewhat dishonest/risky, since the statement essentially is saying "if you called me tomorrow and said you had an interview date for me, i'd be ready!" - so if that isn't the case... You can send the DS-230 now, though, and the DS2001 after when you're ready.

5. Totally up to you! Let it breathe for a week if it makes you feel better. Since it's moving faster than you expected, you can probably afford to take a little time to make sure everything is in order.

So excited for you!

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

I've just received the letter with the interview date, only 3.5 months after sending I-130, so I say, relax and take it easy and make sure you have absolutely everything required before the next move :)

Also, be careful NOT to send DS-230 part II, as you have to sign it in front of an officer at the Embassy when you go for the interview.

Good luck, and yes, DCF in London moves quickly!

I've just received the letter with the interview date, only 3.5 months after sending I-130, so I say, relax and take it easy and make sure you have absolutely everything required before the next move smile.png

Also, be careful NOT to send DS-230 part II, as you have to sign it in front of an officer at the Embassy when you go for the interview.

Good luck, and yes, DCF in London moves quickly!

I thought you just sent DS-130 Part II uncompleted? Then they bring it out when you get to the interview from their file?

Maybe it doesn't matter either way.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Just noticed on the DS-2001 its says send this with the DS-230 I.

Spoken to the Dr's about the medical. THey have Morning appointments from the 19th June and morning and afternoon from the 24th June. I just need to work out when my flights to London will be cheapest.

Also spoke to the people about the police cert and they can change it to a premium expedite for a fee (by credit card). They hadn;t logged mine yet so will call back tomorrow and get it bumped up,

Etta&James--> Can you fill out what you can of the DS-230 part II and leave the signature in-front-of-consular-officer part blank? Or would it be more advisable to leave all of the DS-230 part II form blank and fill out the whole thing later (I presume at the interview)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.