garylee

This Could Be Very Important-Please Help!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was just thinking- on all of the forms it ask for a street address for my Fiencee.She lives in the mountains in the Philippines and her address doesnt have a street-only the name of the little village she lives next to,Is this going to be an issue? She did get her passport with this address! and her her police records and other documents with this address as well.

What I am wondering is? Her Brother lives in a town close by and has a street address.Should we use his address when filling out our paperwork? Or is this not a good idea.I am also concerned about her receiving Packet 3 & 4 or any other paperwork for that matter!. When I send her letters -she only gets about 75% of them (I was told- because they are from America, they are stolen in hope of money being in them ).I was also reading that the embassy sends her Visa in the mail,Can we have it sent to a more secure address.

I know I am getting way ahead of myself here with the Visa question, but once I think of a question it drives me nuts thinking about it until i get it resolved.Thanks -Gary

Hi.

I came from the Philippines, and true that it might be with the "snail-mail" that oftentimes 10-20% of mails coming from the States doesn't get delivered, you shouldn't be worried if she was able to get her passport through her own address. Another thing is that, all packets from the embassy would be sent with a special courier that would require the recipient's signature.

And, if she is using that address in her police records and other documents, might as well use that so as not to cause confusion with her place of residency.

But if you are to send her important papers next time, make sure that it is thru registered mail or something that would require the recipient's signature or anything that would help you track down if she was able to receive it or not.

I hope I was of help.

Goodluck with your paperwork.

Filed: Timeline
Hi.

I came from the Philippines, and true that it might be with the "snail-mail" that oftentimes 10-20% of mails coming from the States doesn't get delivered, you shouldn't be worried if she was able to get her passport through her own address. Another thing is that, all packets from the embassy would be sent with a special courier that would require the recipient's signature.

And, if she is using that address in her police records and other documents, might as well use that so as not to cause confusion with her place of residency.

But if you are to send her important papers next time, make sure that it is thru registered mail or something that would require the recipient's signature or anything that would help you track down if she was able to receive it or not.

I hope I was of help.

Goodluck with your paperwork.

Hi Rob & Chris-Thanks alot,I am glad to hear that they send all packets with a special courier and they need her signature,I think we will rule out using her brothers address-I would hate to create any confusion.

I am still wondering how we enter her address on the forms though.She lives in Libas,Sogod -Southern Leyte,Philippines (no house # or street name in her address) Should we write Libas,Sogod in the Number and Street block and write Southern Leyte in the Town or City block and then Philippines in the State or Country block.Or should we write in the Address and Street block "See attached paper for address" and then attach a paper to the back of document with her address written as if I was sending her a personal letter from the U.S.,Or should I put the address with a explanation on the cover letter and write "refer to cover letter for address"

Its my guess they are familier with this type of address and as long as its written in the address area they will except it -Yes?

Thanks Ahead of time -Gary

I am not too familiar with which is which in her address even if you have stated it already. But if I am not mistaken, if "Libas" is a street, then write it under "street". But if it is a city, then put it under "city", so goes with "Sogod". But if it is neither street nor city, then might as well put both under "town/city". You don't have to put anything on the "number & street" if she has none. Use her address as she uses it in a regular mail. Ask your fiancee again which is which just to be sure (",)

Southern Leyte is a province though or an equal to a state here in the US, so you just might put it under the "province/state". If the option is "state/country", then put "Southern Leyte, Philippines". They should be able to understand that.

They should be able to understand the address as long as you have broken it down correctly.

Goodluck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.