Ian and Deanna

Medical at Bentinck Mansions Knightsbridge Doctors

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I had my medical yesterday at 4 Bentinck Mansions, my appointment was at 10:50 so had plenty of time to get there!

post-142106-0-31098200-1369999478_thumb.jpg

I left my home in Birmingham at 06:20!

I traveled down the M40, A40 which leads directly onto the Marylebone Road!I decided i didnt want to pay the congestion charge of £10.00 or indeed park closer to the Knightsbridge doctors as the deeper you go into London then the car parking fee's get ridiculously expensive. So i searched the Internet and found a car park just outside the congestion zone charging zone minutes after leaving the A40 and Marylebone flyover....I was there at 09:05 and i only drove at 65 mph as i had plenty of time to get there!! it does get busy between 8 and 9 but just compensate for small delays!!

The Iparking Car park in Bell street was £12.00 from 08:00-18:00 and you didnt have to book, but you did have to pay when you got there! Just ask for an all day ticket. It was underground and very secure. The staff was also so friendly, so i was just happy the first stage was over... getting to London and parking lol

post-142106-0-50864900-1370000391_thumb.jpg

The Car Park is about 1 miles from Bentinick Street and the Doctors office and they say walking is about 30 min's ish, But i started walking which is basically 2 main roads and i looked in every shop on the way and it only took me 35 mins.

Ipost-142106-0-74309700-1370000839_thumb.jpg

I got there at 09:40, still over an hour to go, so i went for a coffee and there are many nice places to eat and drink around there!!

I went back to the Doctors and Rang the bell and they let me in, its a fairly nice building with the door just on the right. I opened the door and i was called to the second window.

Just tell them your name and the time of your appointment!! They then asked for my documents. I did take all my originals but i had photocopied all my paper work and they said that's fine, which saves them doing it. Although they did want my original passport and immunization card which i got from the NHS doctors, with all my immunizations on there.

I gave them my:

Police report - Photocopy

Passport - Original and photocopy - You get Original Back

Immunization card -Original - You get Original Back

USA Medial Questionnaire Form - Page 9 - Photocopy

1 Passport Photo - UK version

And Doctors report, cause i answered yes to 2 of there questions and it just states that when i had it and that i have been in remission ever since.

They then handed me another questionnaire of my medical history and asked me to sit in the waiting area and fill it in. The receptionist came back just as i was finishing it and took it off me. 2 mins later the nurse called me through. She was really nice and put me at ease. She took my blood pressure, weight and height and then she took some blood. I asked what they was looking for and she said the only thing they test for is for syphilis, but i dont know how true that is, but that is what she said. She then asked me to take a seat back in the waiting area, withing a few minutes i was called through to another room to have my chest Xray, this is to check mainly for TB but possibly other chest problems! They took the first one and said they wanted to take another one, i asked if there was a problem. She said cause i was so tall then she couldn't see all my chest with just doing one lol.

I then was asked to sit back in the waiting room and because there was only doctor one and there was 3 people in-front of me , i did have to wait 40 mins. But i took some magazines with me although they do have selection of magazines in there!! It was quite a nervous wait as so far so good. It was then my time, this female doctor called me in and introduced herself and said it she was pleased to meet me, which is a nice touch i guess. She then asked me some questions about answering yes to a couple of questions and being as i had a medical report from my doctors it was just a general chat asking the circumstances, she got me to sigh my name over the photo which was stapled to my form. She asked me to read the eye chart, so if you wear glasses take them. I then asked to sit on the bed and she checked my eyes, ears, throat!! She asked me to slip down to my boxers and lie under the blanket. She then came back and checked my lymph glands in my throat and neck, my chest and back with a stethoscope and pushed around my tummy area. She then checked my knee reflexes and the last thing was she lifted the top of my boxers to look at my genitalia when i coughed, i never did understand why you coughed when they looked down there. But apparently having later checked on the internet it is to check to see if you have hernia! She signed a few papers and took me back to the waiting area.

I was then called to reception and handed me my vaccination document worksheet which you need to take with you to the states to prove what vaccinations you have had, when you apply for your adjustment of status!!

The only vaccinations they was interested in for me was:

Td - which i have to get renewed in 2016 in the U.S

MMR

Varicella - But they write VH on the form if you have had chicken pox and they take your word for it!!

Every thing else they put not age appropriate as im 49, so you may need more than i had depending on your age!!

She then said you will need to pay the £227 fee, but could have been more if i needed to have more vaccinations!!

They then told me that they will just need to wait for the results of the Xray and Blood test and if i don't hear off them in 2 working days then it will be sent to the London embassy, where they will issue me an interview date, and send you confirmation!!

I then left the Doctors and headed back home, it was not what i expected and to honest it was not as bad as i was expecting. I just hope i don't hear off them in the next 2 working days!!

Total cost of the day:

£50 Petrol

£12 Car Park

£227 Medical Fee

£2 Coffee

Total = £291.00

So it was a good day and driving down there was not as bad i thought it was going to be, but i planned my journey, did my research printed out the maps and phoned the car park owner to check if they had places and doing all that made it going smoothly and more relaxing.

Good luck to everyone with their medical and the rest of their visa journey!!

22 Jan '12 - Officially proposed
26 Aug '12 - Continued and Finished building the K1 Package
27 Aug '12 - I-129F package sent
31 Aug '12 - I-129F received in Calafornia
04 Sep '12 - Check cashed
04 Sep '12 - Touch
07 Sep '12 - NOA1 Received in post
18 Apr '13 - NOA2 Approved

21 Apr '13 - NVC Received
25 Apr '13 - NVC Sent to London Embassy
30 Apr '13 - London Embassy Received Approved Petition
09 May '13 - Packet 3 Received - Well its just a letter now

17 May '13 - Police report Received

20 May '13 - Medical Booked

21 May '13 - Ds forms sent to London Embassy

30 May '13 - Medical in London

06 June '13 - Packet 4 received

21 June '13 - Interview Date

21 June '13 - Visa Approved dancin5hr.gif

27 June '13 - Received Visa

27 June '13 - Booked Flight for 10 July

13 July '13 - Wedding kicking.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 230 days from your NOA1 date

Your interview took 294 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

02 Sep '13 - AOS Filled

10 Sep '13 - AOS NOA

03 Oct '13 - AOS Biometrics Appointment

12 Dec '13 - AOS Interview

12 Dec '13 - AOS Approved

23 Dec '13 - Green Card Received

A rolling stone gathers no moss!!

Thanks for writing down your experience.
I'll have my medical on tuesday and I am super nervous...

IR1/CR1 Visa - DCF at London Embassy

April 16, 2013: Mailed out I-130

April 18, 2013: Date Petition filed
May 13, 2013: APPROVED!
May 22, 2013: Case Number received
June 3, 2013: Mailed out DS-230 & DS-2001
June 4, 2013: Medical Exam at Bentick Mansion
Unfortunately I have to re-do it in 6 + weeks as I was diagnosed with pneumonia
June 22, 2013 I traveled to the USA with the plan of returning to the UK, spoke to a Immigration lawyer and he told me to change my status and go the AOS route.
Since 2014 I am a permanent resident.

I had the medical there yesterday afternoon. Mine was the same (without the coughing - I'm a woman, so I got my breasts checked).

You didn't mention having your BP measured. Presumablky you did. Was that OK?

Timeline

Thanks for writing down your experience.

I'll have my medical on tuesday and I am super nervous...

I was more nervous waiting for the day than i was when i was there lol, but waiting to find out if the blood tests and the Xray was ok is the worst part. They said if you dont hear from us in 2 working days then it will be sent to the embassy!! No news in this instance will definitely be good news!! lol

Good luck with your medical!!

04 Sep '12 - Touch

02 Sep '13 - AOS Filled

10 Sep '13 - AOS NOA

Timeline

I had the medical there yesterday afternoon. Mine was the same (without the coughing - I'm a woman, so I got my breasts checked).

You didn't mention having your BP measured. Presumablky you did. Was that OK?

I dont know how i missed that out and yes i did have it checked and it was all good. How did yours go?

04 Sep '12 - Touch

02 Sep '13 - AOS Filled

10 Sep '13 - AOS NOA

I dont know how i missed that out and yes i did have it checked and it was all good. How did yours go?

I had to have it taken 3 times before it would go down. It always goes up when I'm in a doctor's surgery and the pressure of passing this medical raised it even further. I asked for the third chance and said I needed to go someone quietly and it would go down. And it did. I possibly made a mistake of having my medical at 15:10 after landing at Heathrow at 9:00 that morning from my last trip to the US! However, I had been monitoring my BP for two weeks over in the US and it had been fine.

Still. We're through to the next stage (that sounds like a talent show) and only one step to go.

What an informative post!! Just super for you to describe your experience the way you did!

The build up to actually attending the medical was horrible, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Although it doesn't sound like you had to do the ' stand on one leg, stick the other one out in front of you and flap your arms up and down with your eyes closed' test? Am I the only one that had to do this? Please tell me I'm not, because I would feel more of a fool lol!

I think the worst part of it all was waiting for the phone to ring saying something came up in my X-Ray or bloods, but thankfully it didn't...

Timeline

What an informative post!! Just super for you to describe your experience the way you did!

The build up to actually attending the medical was horrible, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Although it doesn't sound like you had to do the ' stand on one leg, stick the other one out in front of you and flap your arms up and down with your eyes closed' test? Am I the only one that had to do this? Please tell me I'm not, because I would feel more of a fool lol!

I think the worst part of it all was waiting for the phone to ring saying something came up in my X-Ray or bloods, but thankfully it didn't...

I don't know what was worse for me, the build up or actually, as you described waiting for the results, or should i say not hearing from them lol, i think it must be the later, because we wait to long to get to this point and if they did find something then it will not only delay the process considerably, whilst they investigate or treat something, but the cost of it all....well ill cross my fingers and legs and just pray all is ok, and i dont get the call!!

And did you really have to stand on one leg etc or were you joking ?

04 Sep '12 - Touch

02 Sep '13 - AOS Filled

10 Sep '13 - AOS NOA

I don't know what was worse for me, the build up or actually, as you described waiting for the results, or should i say not hearing from them lol, i think it must be the later, because we wait to long to get to this point and if they did find something then it will not only delay the process considerably, whilst they investigate or treat something, but the cost of it all....well ill cross my fingers and legs and just pray all is ok, and i dont get the call!!

And did you really have to stand on one leg etc or were you joking ?

Yes I honestly had to stand on one leg and do a bird impersonation lol.......Good job I was a gymnast otherwise I would have fallen a*** over ####### lol.......

Your right, we've all come so far that it would be awful for it to be delayed by something showing up in ones bloods or X-Rays....Next step is the interview and once again those feelings of getting denied resurface.......Be glad when this is all over.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.