jpkeswim

Unsure what to do now

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay so if you remembered we filed our paperwork on Oct 1 didnt hear anything until Oct 31. We sent our paperwork to Nebraska and it was returned saying we filed in the wrong jurisdiction. So called our old lawyer and he said yes file in Londo so we did that. So today we got a letter back from london saying they were going to transfer our paperwork back to Nebraska. they said that since I arrived on Sept. 24 that I am not a permenant resident so they are sending it there. Well actually I arrived on July 14th. When I copied my Limited Leave to Remain page of my passport there is a stamp on the next page that says 24th Sept on it. But that is actually the day we got from our honeymoon in Greece not the day I came to England. I arrived here on May 18, 2006 and I am also working here. They did forward our paperwork on but I am scared that they will just send it back to London once they read our Biographic sheets and see that we got married in England too oh and notice that I have been working here since August 2006.

Any ideas on what to do? Its just one thing after another!!!

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Karen, I cannot help or give advice here, ;) goodness only knows you are really being given the run around

I just hope that things sort them selves out sooner rather than later

rant if you want to we are all here for you :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Timeline

Munckins

I am almost positive i need to apply in London....I think just because they looked at the stamp of the photocopy and didnt look over my paperwork. For god sake I arrived in May not September. I would think I am making this my permanet resident. It says that I must meet the criteria and show that I am working and making this my permenant residence. Which I am!!! My husband and I don't want to be without each other how can you make a relationship last then??? I do have evidence from the home office that I can work here. Its just so frustrating. I guess we will have to pay the pound a minute fee and call the American Embassy. It didn't leave a number or anything it says to check the website. I just hope that they figure out that I didnt arrive on Septemeber 24 that it was just a stamp on my passport page next to the limited leave to remain.....Aww how frustrating. May I add that we sent it to them on Novemeber 6th and they returned it back saying they no longer were acceptin credit card payments so we got a international draft and then sent it back and got this response today. ITs just one thing after another!!!!

BTW Happy Thanksgiving!!! We celebrated today and bought a turkey and made a big dinner. Too bad I had to work today and tomorrow!! Wish we could go shop in the states and get all the deals!!! :)

Anybody please respond and help us!!

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

Munckins

I am almost positive i need to apply in London....I think just because they looked at the stamp of the photocopy and didnt look over my paperwork. For god sake I arrived in May not September. I would think I am making this my permanet resident. It says that I must meet the criteria and show that I am working and making this my permenant residence. Which I am!!! My husband and I don't want to be without each other how can you make a relationship last then??? I do have evidence from the home office that I can work here. Its just so frustrating. I guess we will have to pay the pound a minute fee and call the American Embassy. It didn't leave a number or anything it says to check the website. I just hope that they figure out that I didnt arrive on Septemeber 24 that it was just a stamp on my passport page next to the limited leave to remain.....Aww how frustrating. May I add that we sent it to them on Novemeber 6th and they returned it back saying they no longer were acceptin credit card payments so we got a international draft and then sent it back and got this response today. ITs just one thing after another!!!!

BTW Happy Thanksgiving!!! We celebrated today and bought a turkey and made a big dinner. Too bad I had to work today and tomorrow!! Wish we could go shop in the states and get all the deals!!! :)

Anybody please respond and help us!!

I noticed in your time line that the K-1 visa was denied. Most consulates do DCF as a courtesy and when there has not been any previous visa related issues. A denial at the K-1 level will warrant a further look by the USCIS and perhaps that is the consulates rational for sending it back to the US. I hope everything gets straightened out.

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

Timeline

Well I emailed the Embassy today and got a response that the reason they forwarded my paperwork to Nebraska Service Center is because I am not a permenant resident here and that I am only temporary here since we are already trying to get my husband back to the states. They also stated that they will send all our correspondes to my address in Illinois. What a hassle that will be cause then my parents will have to forward it to us in England. :( Uhhh one thing after another...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Any ideas on what to do? Its just one thing after another!!!

The rough residency requirement is more like 2 years so I don't think that your few months made a difference in London's decision.

Your case will just have to process through your US Service Center now and hassle away, as noted. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.