Jeffrey S

Lost case

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Our I-129F case was sent from the NVC to the Moscow embassy on May 7th (confirmed by NVC) I was able to schedule the interview for June 11th just yesterday, However my attorney sent an email to the embassy to confirm that they have received our case, they replied back and said they have not received it yet. Is it possible to schedule an interview online if they've not received the case? Will they cancel or reschedule the interview? Any suggestions how to track our case to see where it is? I would have thought DHL to Moscow would only have taken 3 or 4 days so I can only assume it is there but they say not there.

I appreciate any comments.

Edited by Jeffrey S

Timeline

My experience is that if Moscow received your case then they would have sent an e-mail to you and/or your Russian fiancé to schedule interview. To my knowledge you CANNOT schedule an interview unless they have your case. I think your attorney is wrong.. I suggest your finance call the Consulate on the phone numbers listed and try to see whats going on. Good luck Mike

Timeline

Our I-129F case was sent from the NVC to the Moscow embassy on May 7th (confirmed by NVC) I was able to schedule the interview for June 11th just yesterday, However my attorney sent an email to the embassy to confirm that they have received our case, they replied back and said they have not received it yet. Is it possible to schedule an interview online if they've not received the case? Will they cancel or reschedule the interview? Any suggestions how to track our case to see where it is? I would have thought DHL to Moscow would only have taken 3 or 4 days so I can only assume it is there but they say not there.

I appreciate any comments.

Not sure why your case isn't there yet but I received a letter from the Embassy telling me they received the petition. When I signed up at http://cgifederal.force.com they already had my case in the system. Then I paid for the visa (240.00) and waited two days before it showed on the site it had been paid.

Then went in and entered her information and put in my reciept number and looked at the dates for interviews. I want an interview in July so I will have to wait a couple of weeks to set that up since it is only showing the month of June right now. Plus we're still waiting for her police report but it should be here soon.

I would imagine if they don't show your case there at the Embassy yet you would not be able to set up an interview? Yes, DHL to Moscow should take less than 5 days to get there, I don't think you can call the Embassy either but I could be wrong? You might be able to send them an email and check on it though?

Edited by paws057

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.