6 posts in this topic

After James and I had so much trouble trying to get his SSN with his K1 visa it looks like we may have finally been successful getting it through his EAD. We applied for his SSN on Jun 6th and his K1 didn't expire until July 29th, so we applied in plenty of time. We never heard anything from the SS office and despite repeated attempts to call and getting either put on hold for a long time and hung up on or hung up on outright, we were told not to call, they'll call us. Well, suprise, they never called. We got his EAD recently and we went in with an appointment to get his SSN and find out what happened. Apparently they never followed up on the SS card (and we couldn't do anything because they wouldn't let us call and my schedule didn't allow going in). Well, they did follow up, but not until NOVEMBER 7TH. I asked why, she said they are so busy and forget to do things. I wanted to say, excuse me lady but that is your job to follow up. Anyways, she said that we just need to come in Friday morning and she'll have his card for him which is a lot better than waiting for it to probably get lost in the mail! I'm considering writing the main office in Atlanta because I don't think we were treated very fairly (the first lady we saw was horribly rude) and they should know that this office is not doing its job.

On another note, I was looking at James I94 today and on the back it's stamped "employment authorized" with a date written in of April 29th, 2007. He did get the temp EAD at JFK and I assume that this is what this is, but why is the date stamped for a full year? I thought temp EAD was good for 90 days?

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Timeline
After James and I had so much trouble trying to get his SSN with his K1 visa it looks like we may have finally been successful getting it through his EAD. We applied for his SSN on Jun 6th and his K1 didn't expire until July 29th, so we applied in plenty of time. We never heard anything from the SS office and despite repeated attempts to call and getting either put on hold for a long time and hung up on or hung up on outright, we were told not to call, they'll call us. Well, suprise, they never called.

We got his EAD recently and we went in with an appointment to get his SSN and find out what happened. Apparently they never followed up on the SS card. Well, they did follow up, but not until NOVEMBER 7TH. I asked why, she said they are so busy and forget to do things. I wanted to say, excuse me lady but that is your job to follow up. Anyways, she said that we just need to come in Friday morning and she'll have his card for him which is a lot better than waiting for it to probably get lost in the mail! I'm considering writing the main office in Atlanta because I don't think we were treated very fairly (the first lady we saw was horribly rude) and they should know that this office is not doing its job.

How are they supposed to have his SSN card in the office for him on Friday? All cards come from SSA Headquarters in Woodlawn, MD, so unless he put the field office address on the application or they submitted it with the field office address, the card would not be mailed to the field office.

Social Security Administration

Office of the Regional Commissioner

61 Forsyth Street, SW STE 23T29

Atlanta, GA 30303

BTW which SSA office is this? Wild guess, but was it this one?

SOCIAL SECURITY

4365 SHACKLEFORD RD

NORCROSS, GA 30093

After James and I had so much trouble trying to get his SSN with his K1 visa it looks like we may have finally been successful getting it through his EAD. We applied for his SSN on Jun 6th and his K1 didn't expire until July 29th, so we applied in plenty of time. We never heard anything from the SS office and despite repeated attempts to call and getting either put on hold for a long time and hung up on or hung up on outright, we were told not to call, they'll call us. Well, suprise, they never called.

We got his EAD recently and we went in with an appointment to get his SSN and find out what happened. Apparently they never followed up on the SS card. Well, they did follow up, but not until NOVEMBER 7TH. I asked why, she said they are so busy and forget to do things. I wanted to say, excuse me lady but that is your job to follow up. Anyways, she said that we just need to come in Friday morning and she'll have his card for him which is a lot better than waiting for it to probably get lost in the mail! I'm considering writing the main office in Atlanta because I don't think we were treated very fairly (the first lady we saw was horribly rude) and they should know that this office is not doing its job.

How are they supposed to have his SSN card in the office for him on Friday? All cards come from SSA Headquarters in Woodlawn, MD, so unless he put the field office address on the application or they submitted it with the field office address, the card would not be mailed to the field office.

Social Security Administration

Office of the Regional Commissioner

61 Forsyth Street, SW STE 23T29

Atlanta, GA 30303

BTW which SSA office is this? Wild guess, but was it this one?

SOCIAL SECURITY

4365 SHACKLEFORD RD

NORCROSS, GA 30093

I wondered the exact same thing but I kept asking the lady and she said come by on Friday to get the card so we'll see, I am skeptical as well. And no, that wasn't the SS office, mine is in Huntsville, AL.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why the trouble? I printed off that form from the FORM SECTION... re the K1 and SSN, I have mine now- I just went in and did it. That sucks for you, do you ever feel like this is supposed to be getting easier? Good luck.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On another note, I was looking at James I94 today and on the back it's stamped "employment authorized" with a date written in of April 29th, 2007. He did get the temp EAD at JFK and I assume that this is what this is, but why is the date stamped for a full year? I thought temp EAD was good for 90 days?

I would think it's an error at the port of entry. However if it says its valid until the 29th Aprill 07 then I would imagine that it is valid until then. That is the employment authorization so you just need to show that to any employer. I know its irrelevant now that you have the EAD but just a thought for anyone else who has the same situation.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

I would think it's an error at the port of entry. However if it says its valid until the 29th Aprill 07 then I would imagine that it is valid until then. That is the employment authorization so you just need to show that to any employer. I know its irrelevant now that you have the EAD but just a thought for anyone else who has the same situation.

Well, you'd think so, but since it's only supposed to be for 90 days that seems like a weird mistake to make (to write it in for exactly 1 yr after he got here). You'd think they'd put it off a day or two for when it expires in July.....

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.