7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone recently gone in for and interview in Manila and did not have a police clearance from Singapore and was approved? My fiancée worked in Singapore in 1986 for 11 months, and the Singapore website says they do not issue clearances for non citizens anymore. I have read that if you print the Singapore police site out stating that they no longer issue them, that Manila will grant the visa. Any response to this would be appreciated. So, has anyone had a visa granted without the clearance from Singapore?

I am currently living in Singapore and I am flying to Manila for my interview date on June 19.

I had the same question about the COC... but I just went to their Cantonment Location, filed my papers, got all the requirements ready, and they issued me my COC without question. I brought my Checklist and Appeal letter to request for COC for foreigner but they did not need it. I will pick up my COC on June4, 3 weeks after I filed.

I believe they also accept requests from overseas and they will mail you the COC. Not sure about the process though and how much longer that will take but I read it somewhere here in Visajourney. Just search for the thread.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am currently living in Singapore and I am flying to Manila for my interview date on June 19.

I had the same question about the COC... but I just went to their Cantonment Location, filed my papers, got all the requirements ready, and they issued me my COC without question. I brought my Checklist and Appeal letter to request for COC for foreigner but they did not need it. I will pick up my COC on June4, 3 weeks after I filed.

I believe they also accept requests from overseas and they will mail you the COC. Not sure about the process though and how much longer that will take but I read it somewhere here in Visajourney. Just search for the thread.

Hi fluff5, we got our case number two days ago and it is SGP××××××. So not sure if its the same with yours. I just wondering do I have to provide a specific request letter from Singapore embassy to get my COC. I did have a letter from NVC with my case number and USEM Singapore address.

Hi fluff5, we got our case number two days ago and it is SGP××××××. So not sure if its the same with yours. I just wondering do I have to provide a specific request letter from Singapore embassy to get my COC. I did have a letter from NVC with my case number and USEM Singapore address.

Hi Foxy,

My case will be handled in manila, so my number is MNL-----. :)

When I went to the cantonment office to apply for COC...

- i prefilled out the request form (i downloaded online from another thread in this forum, but it is also available at the COC room where you request,

- brought proof of my arrival and stay in SG (passport stamp, employment pass copies, employment conttact), brought a copy of the Checklist from US Embassy Manila,

- and another letter I downloaded from a thread here in visajourney... it was a petition to grant approval to request COC for foreigner...

but the lady went through my papers and returned those not needed, which was the checklist and the petition for COC for foreigner.

Timeline

Ohh I see, so it means I can do it before I receive the packet 3 from us usem singapore.. well I still have to call usem sg and the police cantonment to verify with them. Hope for the best.. I was planning to exit in manila but cfo looks tedious,,

Timeline

Hi Foxy,

My case will be handled in manila, so my number is MNL-----. :)

When I went to the cantonment office to apply for COC...

- i prefilled out the request form (i downloaded online from another thread in this forum, but it is also available at the COC room where you request,

- brought proof of my arrival and stay in SG (passport stamp, employment pass copies, employment conttact), brought a copy of the Checklist from US Embassy Manila,

- and another letter I downloaded from a thread here in visajourney... it was a petition to grant approval to request COC for foreigner...

but the lady went through my papers and returned those not needed, which was the checklist and the petition for COC for foreigner.

Hi fluff thanks for the info. Hope for rhe best for your upcoming interview

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone recently gone in for and interview in Manila and did not have a police clearance from Singapore and was approved? My fiancée worked in Singapore in 1986 for 11 months, and the Singapore website says they do not issue clearances for non citizens anymore. I have read that if you print the Singapore police site out stating that they no longer issue them, that Manila will grant the visa. Any response to this would be appreciated. So, has anyone had a visa granted without the clearance from Singapore?

Did you get your COC already? Where did you have your fingerprinting? Do I still need to go to Singapore Embassy or can I mail my documents via FedEx in Singapore? Thank you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.