slowlyman

Police report fee

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My girlfriend just called. She is at the cop shop right now. they are telling her 1,500 for the police report. Smells like tea money to me. I told her to use her best judgement.

Any recent experience with getting the Bangkok police report?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My girlfriend just called. She is at the cop shop right now. they are telling her 1,500 for the police report. Smells like tea money to me. I told her to use her best judgement.

Any recent experience with getting the Bangkok police report?

Just pay it. Tell her to to tell them to get it to her quickly as she needs it right away since she is paying "a fee"

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Hi there...I came from Bangkok, and I got my police report last Jan paying a 150 baht...100 for the fee since I'm foreigner there, and 50 for mailing...It's free for Thai Nationals... :)

but it took 3 weeks to get it, I never heard a 1,500 fee for speeding up the process since I know couple of friends who got their clearances with the same fee with mine...

Timeline

Seems like when it comes to the police report, if you ask 5 different people you get 5 different answers. In my case my wife paid a lawyer 5000 THB to deal with it since she didn't feel like making a trip to Bangkok from Chiang Mai. I guess it depends on who is working at the police station that day.

Timeline

Hi there...I came from Bangkok, and I got my police report last Jan paying a 150 baht...100 for the fee since I'm foreigner there, and 50 for mailing...It's free for Thai Nationals... :)

but it took 3 weeks to get it, I never heard a 1,500 fee for speeding up the process since I know couple of friends who got their clearances with the same fee with mine...

Its not free even you are a Thai (me applied for myself) and yes it is 100 THB for the processing fee (there is a notice there put up in the office that this fee is effective from i forgot since when) and 50 for postage if you want it mailed, otherwise its just 100 THB.I received it surprisingly on time (with EMS) exactly three weeks as they mailed it out the next day. This was just in March by the way..

Edited by Sud Yaud

Timeline

From the packet 3 instructions:

No fee for police clearance service.

Source:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/thaipoliceapr09.pdf

Unfortunately, your dealing with the Thai police so there's always money involved with them. I'll tell you a story about me throwing a cigarette butt on the ground once. That cost me 500 THB which the cop promptly put in his front shirt pocket. I have 30 stories like that.

Timeline

From the packet 3 instructions:

No fee for police clearance service.

Source:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/thaipoliceapr09.pdf

Unfortunately, your dealing with the Thai police so there's always money involved with them. I'll tell you a story about me throwing a cigarette butt on the ground once. That cost me 500 THB which the cop promptly put in his front shirt pocket. I have 30 stories like that.

Litter bug. Lol

Timeline

Called again. Paid the fee (tea money), 1,500 she is on her way back home already #######

Yeah it's worth it just to put it behind you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.