Joanne and Adam

Scheduling the Interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys,

Was just reading few a few topics on here and I noticed that some people have said that they scheduled their interview at the Embassy online? (This wasn't for the Embassy in London) but I'm just wondering have I missed something? Since I sent my Forms, had my medical and paid my MRV fee I've just been waiting to hear back about it.. I wasn't meant to call up or go online to schedule my interview was I? huh.png

Also, I was reading my receipt from paying the MRV Fee, and noticed that it says that it is a recipt for the nonimmigrant visa application fee? Nonimmigrant? Is that right? I thought the K1 was an immigrant visa.. Does it matter what it says on the receipt?

All this waiting time has given me plenty of opportunity to worry about the details wink.png

[November 2006] Met online on IMVU
[8th July 2010] First meeting in person (London Heathrow)
-1 month spent together-
[28th July 2010] Engaged!
[28th July 2011] My first time in America
-1 month spent together-
[July 2012] Finished School (A Levels)
[August 2012] I-129f Sent
[7th September 2012] NOA1 Received
[9th January 2013] My first winter in America
-1 month spent together-
[8th March 2013] NOA2 Received!
[6th April 2013] Letter from US Embassy in London Received!
[15th April 2013] DS Package sent off
[18th April 2013] Medical Exam
[20th April 2013] MRV Fee Paid
[22nd May 2013] Received Interview Date!
[24th June 2013] Interview! APPROVED!!
[27th June 2013] Visa Received!

[5th November 2012] AoS Package Sent
[5th August 2013] AoS Approved without Interview!

Hey guys,

Was just reading few a few topics on here and I noticed that some people have said that they scheduled their interview at the Embassy online? (This wasn't for the Embassy in London) but I'm just wondering have I missed something? Since I sent my Forms, had my medical and paid my MRV fee I've just been waiting to hear back about it.. I wasn't meant to call up or go online to schedule my interview was I? huh.png

Also, I was reading my receipt from paying the MRV Fee, and noticed that it says that it is a recipt for the nonimmigrant visa application fee? Nonimmigrant? Is that right? I thought the K1 was an immigrant visa.. Does it matter what it says on the receipt?

All this waiting time has given me plenty of opportunity to worry about the details wink.png

The K1 is a *non*immigrant visa. It's purpose is to allow someone to legally enter the USA to get married and have a path to AOS (which is when you become an immigrant).

London schedule the interview for you - you'll get a letter. If it's been a while since you had your medical and sent the forms (they need to have the medical results and the DS-2001 readiness form before they'll schedule you one), you can call them and see what's up, but the letter seems to arrive about 2-3 weeks before your interview date (which is generally about 6-8 weeks after your medical looking at similar timelines).

See this thread for more http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

The K1 is a *non*immigrant visa. It's purpose is to allow someone to legally enter the USA to get married and have a path to AOS (which is when you become an immigrant).

London schedule the interview for you - you'll get a letter. If it's been a while since you had your medical and sent the forms (they need to have the medical results and the DS-2001 readiness form before they'll schedule you one), you can call them and see what's up, but the letter seems to arrive about 2-3 weeks before your interview date (which is generally about 6-8 weeks after your medical looking at similar timelines).

See this thread for more http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

Ohh I see! Thanks for clearing that up smile.png

I thought it was just a letter that you get. I'm just going crazy about getting everything right wacko.png

Thanks for the link too, that's really helpful! happy.png

-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-

Ohh I see! Thanks for clearing that up smile.png

I thought it was just a letter that you get. I'm just going crazy about getting everything right wacko.png

Thanks for the link too, that's really helpful! happy.png

I reckon you'll probably get an interview letter through sometime at the end of this month, for an interview sometime in June. If you fill out your timeline, you can get it to show you other timelines that are similar to yours - so you can find people who had NOA2s/medicals etc. around the same time so you can see when they're likely to schedule yours.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

I reckon you'll probably get an interview letter through sometime at the end of this month, for an interview sometime in June. If you fill out your timeline, you can get it to show you other timelines that are similar to yours - so you can find people who had NOA2s/medicals etc. around the same time so you can see when they're likely to schedule yours.

Ooooh I will do that!

I hope I do hear by the end of this month, it's already been 5 weeks so it's definitely due soon!

(When I called they said it usually takes about 6 weeks from the point they receive the DS Forms)

I love this website. Don't know how I'd get all my questions answered without it! luv.gif

-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.