Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Pls i really need help regarding SPA in the phil embassy

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hello , i have a question regarding how to bring my son here to the us, my husband and i married 3 mos ago here in california, my sons (10 yrs old) k2 to follow. he is in the philippines right now and sad to say i was not able to renew his passport on time before i left, so my father is trying to renew his passport in the philippines Department of Foreign Affairs but they are giving him a hard time saying i (the mother) need to go to the phil embassy in wilshire boulevard los angeles and fill up a form special power of attorney or SPA with this red ribbon along with it ..then send this form via fed ex or any courier.

1.)question is, what is this form called? i need to know what i ask for, because my father just told me to go to the phil embassy in los angeles and ask for a form....

2.)how much is this form ? my husband and i are willing to go to LA ( we live in orange)

3.)is there any way , from here in the u.s., that i can give my father permission to travel with my son here to the u.s.? my parents have been approved for their 25 year wait of immigrant visa lately but his entry visa will expire on august 11 so he must travel SOON

4.) is there any way DFA can just allow the renewing of my sons passport and just withold giving it until the papers arrive? it is horrible the waiting time we have to do just for this , just because i am far away

hopefully somebody can help me sad.png thank you in advance

Edited by moonlightdreams

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys i found these 2 forms

1. http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/NewForms2010/Affidavit%20of%20Consent%20%28VV&WEG%29.pdf

consent to travel with grandparent

2. http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/NewForms2010/AffidavitOfSupportandConsent.pdf

consent to get the passport


1. how much do these cost ? can i print these at home and bring it with me to the embassy?

2. do i still need this form http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/WEB%20MATERIALS/Legal%20SPA.pdf

thank you in advance..

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does your son will be with your dad when he travels here in the US? If yes, you need the two forms (Affidavit of Support and Consent, and Special Power of Attorney)certified by the Philippine Consulate..I did that for my 2 sons because they are minors and need to apply for their passports at the DFA.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


No you just need two forms to get certified..the affidavit of support and consent is only one form..so you need the Affidavit of Support and Consent and the Special Power of Attorney (SPA).If you go to the Consulate personally, you don't need the documents to get notarized by their accredited notary public.You need to have it notarized by their accredited notary public if you will mail the documents to them. Above is a sample for an Affidavit of Support and Consent form.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.