Sign in to follow this  
moonlightdreams

Pls i really need help regarding SPA in the phil embassy

7 posts in this topic

hello , i have a question regarding how to bring my son here to the us, my husband and i married 3 mos ago here in california, my sons (10 yrs old) k2 to follow. he is in the philippines right now and sad to say i was not able to renew his passport on time before i left, so my father is trying to renew his passport in the philippines Department of Foreign Affairs but they are giving him a hard time saying i (the mother) need to go to the phil embassy in wilshire boulevard los angeles and fill up a form special power of attorney or SPA with this red ribbon along with it ..then send this form via fed ex or any courier.

1.)question is, what is this form called? i need to know what i ask for, because my father just told me to go to the phil embassy in los angeles and ask for a form....

2.)how much is this form ? my husband and i are willing to go to LA ( we live in orange)

3.)is there any way , from here in the u.s., that i can give my father permission to travel with my son here to the u.s.? my parents have been approved for their 25 year wait of immigrant visa lately but his entry visa will expire on august 11 so he must travel SOON

4.) is there any way DFA can just allow the renewing of my sons passport and just withold giving it until the papers arrive? it is horrible the waiting time we have to do just for this , just because i am far away

hopefully somebody can help me sad.png thank you in advance

Edited by moonlightdreams

Hey guys i found these 2 forms

1. http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/NewForms2010/Affidavit%20of%20Consent%20%28VV&WEG%29.pdf

consent to travel with grandparent

2. http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/NewForms2010/AffidavitOfSupportandConsent.pdf

consent to get the passport

question

1. how much do these cost ? can i print these at home and bring it with me to the embassy?

2. do i still need this form http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/WEB%20MATERIALS/Legal%20SPA.pdf

thank you in advance..

Does your son will be with your dad when he travels here in the US? If yes, you need the two forms (Affidavit of Support and Consent, and Special Power of Attorney)certified by the Philippine Consulate..I did that for my 2 sons because they are minors and need to apply for their passports at the DFA.

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/NewForms2010/AffidavitOfSupportandConsent.pdf

No you just need two forms to get certified..the affidavit of support and consent is only one form..so you need the Affidavit of Support and Consent and the Special Power of Attorney (SPA).If you go to the Consulate personally, you don't need the documents to get notarized by their accredited notary public.You need to have it notarized by their accredited notary public if you will mail the documents to them. Above is a sample for an Affidavit of Support and Consent form.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.