woodsman4cb

Fiancee nervous about interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, we received out NOA2, and am now waiting for an interview date...My fiancée has been reading too many blogs though, on here. She found one blog that was written last July, about an interview in Rio de Janeiro, the same embassy she will attend. The blog said that the one being interviewed had plenty of paperwork, but since the interviewer was new, asked her for the fiancé to attend a later interview. She pleaded that he was working in the USA, but the consolidate demanded he be there. The USA fiancé later attended an interview and they were approved.

Now, my fiancée thinks that I have to be there. I visited her in September of last year, and again in February of this year. I do know that it would help if I was there, although is hard for me to get away from my job etc. My question is, if she brings all of the required paperwork, with proof of our ongoing relationship, should she worry about it being denied? Is it now the normal thing to have both fiancé's there at the interview?

I don't want to chance anything, we want to be together as soon as possible, without waiting for a second interview et.

I appreciate any answers.

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Timeline

I have read through the reviews. Many of them say that is was short and sweet. That is our problem. She read too many reviews. 99% were saying no problem, then she finds that one review that was a nightmare. Now, she knows that will be the way her interview will be, like the one nightmare. I just wish I could find out some reassuring information, such as that they aren't going to deny the visa, if she presents everything required, and is able to prove a true relationship...

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The day I was there I was the only Spouse/Fiance. There were at least 5 women that appeared to be there for K1 out of about 20 people. No one seemed to be there with someone they knew except me.

I imagine the one that had problems may have had circumstances that made the consul want to see them together. It is on the website that the spouse/fiance does not need to be present. I am sure the Consul was aware of what she/he was doing. They seemed fairly competant.

11/10/12 Married

11/12/12 I-130 Petition mailed from Brazil

11/16/12 NOA1 email

11/30/12 NOA1 Letter (mailed to Brazil)

01/09/13 NOA2 email and online update (56 days from NOA1)

01/23/13 NOA2 Letter arrived (mailed to Brazil)

01/22/13 Arrived at NVC

02/04/13 Assigned NVC numbers

02/04/13 Sent 3032 by email

02/07/13 Received 3032/864

02/07/13 Paid AOS/864

02/07/13 Mailed AOS/864

02/11/13 AOS/864 arrived

02/14/13 Emailed scanned copy of 3032

02/15/13 3032 Accepted

02/18/13 AOS/864 accepted

02/18/13 IV bill invoiced and paid

02/19/13 Mailed IV package

02/22/13 IV package arrived

03/04/13 Case Complete (1 month since NVC numbers assigned)

04/12/13 Interview

05/04/13 Received Passport with Visa

06/22/13 POE

Timeline

The day I was there I was the only Spouse/Fiance. There were at least 5 women that appeared to be there for K1 out of about 20 people. No one seemed to be there with someone they knew except me.

I imagine the one that had problems may have had circumstances that made the consul want to see them together. It is on the website that the spouse/fiance does not need to be present. I am sure the Consul was aware of what she/he was doing. They seemed fairly competant.

Thank you so much for your reply!! That is what I was wanting to hear. Your thoughts are my thoughts exactly. Maybe this post will help my fiancee. :)

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hope it helps!! My husband was worried and I was nervous too (I am the USC), but they are all about business there. It is basically just making sure what you say is true and you have all of your paperwork. When you get into the room you have to wait for a while so tell her to bring a really good book to keep her mind off of being nervous. The first person to call you is in the back of the room (Brazilian) and he was great. Really easy going and just confirmed we had all of the papers requested. This guy told us we would go after the woman in the plaid shirt. so if he tells her something like that tell her to remember. they just call next for the next part. We were called to the window and they actually looked at the papers (Brazilian) and asked questions about the papers. Not anything personal, but about where is doc A, B if they are confused. Then they take your fingerprints on a machine, not old school style with the ink. The last person to call us was American. There is a little hallway with a window At the end. This is the final step. The actual interview. She flat out told two people to relax and that there was no reason to be nervous. You can pretty much hear everything going on there. She asked basic questions and then told me we needed a co-sponsor (I live in Brazil with my husband and have no US job). We kind of expected it. She said get the co-sponsor and mail it to me. You are approved. Go pay the mail service and bring back the ticket. And that was that! :)

11/10/12 Married

11/12/12 I-130 Petition mailed from Brazil

11/16/12 NOA1 email

11/30/12 NOA1 Letter (mailed to Brazil)

01/09/13 NOA2 email and online update (56 days from NOA1)

01/23/13 NOA2 Letter arrived (mailed to Brazil)

01/22/13 Arrived at NVC

02/04/13 Assigned NVC numbers

02/04/13 Sent 3032 by email

02/07/13 Received 3032/864

02/07/13 Paid AOS/864

02/07/13 Mailed AOS/864

02/11/13 AOS/864 arrived

02/14/13 Emailed scanned copy of 3032

02/15/13 3032 Accepted

02/18/13 AOS/864 accepted

02/18/13 IV bill invoiced and paid

02/19/13 Mailed IV package

02/22/13 IV package arrived

03/04/13 Case Complete (1 month since NVC numbers assigned)

04/12/13 Interview

05/04/13 Received Passport with Visa

06/22/13 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.