Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

changing consulate

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I got my NOA2 on March 8 2013, and contacted the embassy in London as well as NVC, to inform them that I had moved from the UK to Japan, and wished to have the interview in Japan.

Last week, my fiance got a letter from NVC to say that my case had been sent to London, and that he should contact London, which he already had.

As there was no movement I checked the website for Tokyo and discovered at a request for a case transfer along with proof of residence etc has to be faxed to the consulate in Tokyo.

Tokyo, in turn, contacts consulate in London and gets the case transferred to Japan.

I faxed all the documents today - hopefully my case will get transferred asap

Edited by Jacque67

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.