Mmelon

Only have about 8 photos

5 posts in this topic

Hi. I only have about a total of 8 photos of me and my fiancé together (that were taken at different times, different locations). I was only planning on putting two or three in my 1-129F petition so I can have the other ones as new evidence for the interview stage. I have some other proofs that I am submitting (other than itinerary and passport stamps and primary evidences that I am including) such as transcripts showing that I was studying abroad in Costa Rica and completed an internship there, which is when I met my fiancé. Would you all say I should submit all the photos I can from the beginning, or should I submit some and save the rest?

Filed: Timeline

Include the pictures you have now with the K-1 petition as proof of meeting outside the US within the last two years. The proof needed for the visa interview is different. One thing you will need to prove is a continuing relationship, between the time you last met, before filing the petition, and the date of the interview. All the materials you submit for the petition, will be available to the interviewer at the consular (visa) stage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I would submit copies of them all. We submitted 9 photos from various times. Make sure to write date/location and who is in the pictures on the back

Petition Mailed: 11/02/2012

NOA1: 11/07/2012

NOA2: 05/09/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 05/14/2013

NVC Receive: 05/15/2013

NVC Left: 05/17/2013

Consulate Received: 05/22/2013 per DHL

Consulate Received: 06/07/2013 per DOS

Packet 3 Received: 06/13/2013

Packet 3 Sent: 06/14/2013

Medical Complete: 06/17/2013

Packet 3 RFE Email: 06/18/2013 (Passport picture background too dark :/ come on!)

Packet 3 RFE Response: 06/22/2013 (Replacement passport pictures)

Interview Date: 07/23/2013: Approved

Visa Received: 07/27/2013

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We used 6 photos for our K1 package, which is a reasonable ammount, there's no real need to submit loads of photos as it isn't considered a top form of evidence. Plus, the person reviewing your case will only need to see a "picture of the smiling couple" so many times before it becomes unnecessary. Besides, some couples/people just don't take photos as often as others.

Current Status: AOS - Processing

Happily Married Dec 6th 2013 <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.