Miss.A

I-130 package at NVC !

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. Our I-130 has been approved on the 5th of April. I've called the NVC and they still haven't received the package. The guy on the phone said to write them an e-mail and attach the NOA 2 and they will look into it. Has anyone been though this? Should I be worried?Thanks!

Love will prevail

Hi all. Our I-130 has been approved on the 5th of April. I've called the NVC and they still haven't received the package. The guy on the phone said to write them an e-mail and attach the NOA 2 and they will look into it. Has anyone been though this? Should I be worried?Thanks!

Ours took more than six weeks to arrive, and this has not been uncommon lately. Do what the phone rep says. They will let you know what's going on, but it might take about a week to get back to you. Odds are your file will arrive before you hear anything.

The NVC will not have a record of receiving the package until they actually take it out of the box and enter it into their system, so it may already be there, just waiting to be entered.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Ours took more than six weeks to arrive, and this has not been uncommon lately. Do what the phone rep says. They will let you know what's going on, but it might take about a week to get back to you. Odds are your file will arrive before you hear anything.

The NVC will not have a record of receiving the package until they actually take it out of the box and enter it into their system, so it may already be there, just waiting to be entered.

Thanks for your reply! Yeah I was thinking in might be in some mail room among hundreds of other packages...hopefully things will start moving soon!

Love will prevail

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply! Yeah I was thinking in might be in some mail room among hundreds of other packages...hopefully things will start moving soon!

Hi Doria,

I'm currently waiting for my I-130 to be approved and I was hoping I could ask you some questions please? Your case is quite similar to mine because of your location in the US :)

My local field office is Philadelphia like yours, so I was wondering if your I-130 was sent to the Philadelphia field office? Or did it remain at the NBC? Also, did you receive an MSC code for your NOA1?

If I can confirm what you say on your profile, your husband lives in Philadelphia and you live in Romania, and you were married in January in Romania?

We're the any special circumstances for your case that allowed you to ask for an expedite?

I am living in the UK, my husband is in York, PA and our local field office is Philly. I've been waiting over 3 months now for my NOA2 and I'm just trying to find some rhyme of reason for this whole process, it's so frustrating!

Anyway, thank you very much in advance, I really appreciate your help :)

Jenny

01-12-2008 - Met at University in Scotland

01-09-2009 - Moved in together

10-10-2012 - Married in South Africa

05-02-2013 - I-130 Sent

08-02-2013 - I-130 NOA1 email

11-02-2013 - Online case status change - Initial Review

14-02-2013 - I-130 NOA1 hard copy I-797

14-05-2013 - I-130 APPROVED ONLINE!!

10-06-2013 - NVC received case

21-06-2013 - Case number

21-06-2013 - DS3032 emailed, Supervisor review 27-01-2013

27-06-2013 - AOS invoiced

27-06-2013 - AOS paid

29-06-2013 - AOS sent

01-07-2013 - DS3032 approved

02-07-2013 - IV invoiced

02-07-2013 - IV paid

03-07-2013 - IV sent

24-07-2013 - AOS approved

29-07-2013 - IV approved

26-07-2013 - Case complete

25/07/2013: Medical Test

08/08/2013: Package sent to embassy

12/08/2013: Package received by embassy(In the UK on 10/08/2013, but embassy not open Saturday)

10/09/2013: Interview Date

13/09/2013: Passport in hand

16/09/2013: Ticket to USA

mazapoint.com*wp-content*uploads*2011*03

Hi Doria,

I'm currently waiting for my I-130 to be approved and I was hoping I could ask you some questions please? Your case is quite similar to mine because of your location in the US smile.png

My local field office is Philadelphia like yours, so I was wondering if your I-130 was sent to the Philadelphia field office? Or did it remain at the NBC? Also, did you receive an MSC code for your NOA1?

If I can confirm what you say on your profile, your husband lives in Philadelphia and you live in Romania, and you were married in January in Romania?

We're the any special circumstances for your case that allowed you to ask for an expedite?

I am living in the UK, my husband is in York, PA and our local field office is Philly. I've been waiting over 3 months now for my NOA2 and I'm just trying to find some rhyme of reason for this whole process, it's so frustrating!

Anyway, thank you very much in advance, I really appreciate your help smile.png

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Let me first say that I can totally relate to you and what you're going through but I'm afraid you will have to arm yourself with patience. This can be a long, frustrating process...sometimes it can surprise you (our I-130 was approved quite quick) but then generally I've been reading on here that people wait over 6 months too. Not to scare you, but it's worth arming yourself with patience regardless. I don't know whether our petition was sent to the Philly field office or not, cause they don't tell you. It was sent to the NBC for processing and yes, we have an MSC code (that comes from Missouri, which is where the NBC is). The NBC however, from my research, seems to be the office where things move the fastest, so don't be discouraged!

My husband lives in Philly and I'm in Romania and yes, we got married here in January. But no, we did not get the case expedited. It is very very difficult to do so, it's done under very serious circumstances like death or stuff like that. But we are now waiting for the National Visa Center and this seems to take longer for some reason, and so I understand your frustration as we are very frustrated with them at the moment as well.

I'm sorry I can't really say anything more, I'm afraid it's just down to waiting and waiting....you will get it eventually but you can never know with them. Patience and it will all be sorted out, you'll see! :) Good luck!!

Doria

Love will prevail

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My I-130 petition was approved April 5th too..I always call NVC and they say it's not in their system yet..It would be on it's 6th week since the approval...I'm gonna call them again this week hoping to get a good news.

My I-130 petition was approved April 5th too..I always call NVC and they say it's not in their system yet..It would be on it's 6th week since the approval...I'm gonna call them again this week hoping to get a good news.

HI, wow, looks like we're in the same boat. I keep calling as well but nothing...could you let me know when they receive yours? hopefully both ours will be there soon. thanks

Love will prevail

same here! Noa2 on april 18th. was advised to email nvcresearch because they have not gotten it yet.. called the other day, they said they received it on the 9th of May and wait 10-15days for it to be entered into the system.. this petition has an expedite request.. i guess they just ignore the *expedite request* :(

i-130 for spouse

USCIS (85 days)

August 23, 2012 - Sent I-130

August 28, 2012 - NOA1 via email

September 25, 2012 - NOA1 hardcopy received

November 21, 2012 - NOA2 via email

NVC

November 29, 2012 - NVC case received (Case # not ready)

December 3, 2012 - NVC case number and IIn received

December 3, 2012 - Choice of Agent e-mail sent (DS 3032)

December 5, 2012 - AOS Bill Invoiced and Paid

December 11, 2012 - AOS Packet sent

December 12, 2012 - DS 3032 accepted

December 13, 2012 - IV Bill Invoiced

December 31, 2012 - Checklist for AOS (forgot to put N/A on part 6)

January 16, 2013 - AOS packet accepted (they are waiting for IV Fee payment)

January 25, 2013 - IV Bill paid

January 28, 2013 - IV Bill shows PAID - IV Packet sent

February 7, 2013 - IV return checklist incomplete dates on DS230

February 8, 2013 - sent checklist

February 15, 2013 - CASE COMPLETE!!

March 6, 2013 - Packet 4 received

April 1, 2013 - Interview at the USEM MANILA-APPROVED :)

Minor Daughter's I-130

January 28, 2013 - I-130 Sent

January 30, 2013 - I-130 received Phoenix, AZ

February 8, 2013 - hardcopy NOA1

April 18, 2013 - NOA2 :)

NVC

May 9, 2013 - NVC received

May 23, 2013 - Case number and IIN received

May 23, 2013 - emailed DS3032 (choice of agent)

May 28, 2013 - AOS invoiced and paid

June 5, 2013 - Ds3032 accepted

June 6, 2013 - IV FEE invoiced, Paid

June 8, 2013 - IV packet sent

June 14, 2013 - Case sent the the Embassy

it's Houston. Houston is sitting on approved petitions. I remembered someone told me mine was going through an additional level of review. Weeks after it actually did get to the NVC, the Congressional liaison in Houston wrote the Congressional staffer I was working with to say that some files got sent to the National RECORDS Center instead of the National VISA center and that they "apologized for the delay the error has caused". I think they're a bunch of liars down there who can't get a story straight, and they're just collecting files in boxes until they get around to shipping them once in a while.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called up NVC yesterday to inquire if they received my approved petition but still the same answer I got during my previous calls..not in their system yet..I guess I'll just have to wait for more days..wait..wait and wait!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.