hamtaro

Again, the dreaded and terrible immigration process

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I don't want an RFE. I am dreading an RFE for various reasons.

1. We barely used our joint account from 2011-2012 becausewe were using my husband's Paypal credit card, as all money I earn gets funneled into Paypal and transferring it to bank account takes time. You cannot get a joint account on Paypal. I have literally been using my husband's card.

2. We only started using our bank account properly when I got immigration anxiety in november and checked this website again and was horrified.

3. The bank have failed to send us records for 2011 and 2013, we've been waiting and now I don't want to leave it any longer, because I only have 6 weeks left on my greencard and have been suffering severe anxiety for 6 weeks now, waiting on proofs to be sent. So wehacve the full year of 2012 with barely using the account til November.

4. Equally, the IRS have not yet sent us our tax return copy for 2012.

So yep I'm expecting an RFE and I can only hope the info they request is the missing stiuff from above, and I can equally only hope that I get an extension on my green card in time for a trip to Japan in well, 2 months. :(

So I have to send of what we have now and I cannot wait longer for the IRS or the bank to get their act together or we miss going on this trip.

This is what we have (verbatim from our cover letter, letter is in my husband's name)

1. A copy of the green card in the name of ***** (front and back.)

2. A copy of our joint health insurance card as provided by my place of work.

3. A sworn affidavit signed by both of my parents

4. A copy of our cat’s medical records and vet visits, from the UK prior to my wife’s move to the USA, and veterinary records from the USA showing continued care of the same cat as handled by both myself and my wife, and addressed to us at our US residence.*

5. My wife’s final UK tax bill as addressed to our US residence.

6. Confirmation of my wife’s final UK tax repayment as sent to our US residence.

7. Summary of our joint US tax return for 2011

8. Our residential lease on our shared apartment from 07/11/2011-7/31/2012

9. Our residential lease on our shared apartment from 10/01/2012-04/30/2013 (please note that on missing months we rented our apartment on a month to month basis, as we are doing currently.)*

. 10. A copy of our visa credit cards for our joint account at Amazon.

11. Records showing continued use of our joint bank account at Bank of America.

12. A receipt for a cruise to the Bahamas that we went on on 01/04/2013.

13. A Christmas card addressed to us both, from my wife’s parents in England, inside envelope.

14. In the Walgreens envelope, various photographs from family events where myself and my wife are present, as well as photos from our trip to the Bahamas.

15. Also in the Walgreens envelope, our key cards from the cruise ship we embarked on for our trip to the Bahamas.

* Can You beliueve I am very glad my cat got deathly sick in 2011, that the expensive operation was paid for by my husband, addressed to my husband, and that it included the cat's birthdate, rabies vacc record corresponding to the one done in the UK and basically, proves it is the same cat.

**dreading an RFE on this too.

And that's it.

Good enough bar the missing records from irs and bank?

I have to send this now or there's no chance we can go on holiday for summer break.

Also I have had no health insurance til this year. I have preexistings. I had to wait for my husband to score a job with good health insuranmce that would cover a spouse, which he did not get til jan of this year.

Much of our info is from 2012 and...

Our 2011 tax return is not sent to our house, but to his parents. We were there for 2 months in 2011 but them we moved house. Is this a red flag?

We do not keep utility bills in both our names, because ours are on the lease bar internet which is in my husband's name. We are both very stupid and disorganised. :(

Edited by hamtaro

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The ROC process is your showing of a continued relationship and combining of lives, money and assetts. Each case is based on its own merits and each couple handles their finances in thier own manner. Your bank should be able to provide a one piece of paper showing a joing account, when opened and a average ballance, you can order your tax transcripts for your joint filing years. The burdeon of proof is on them at this stage to show you don't have a valid relationship, don't stress too much. Over the years I have not seen many denials at this stage

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.