Andrew83

Co-Sponsor in Spain

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

***I wrote kindof a rambling longer version of this a few days ago, but I thought maybe a more concise version would get more replies so here goes...***

I'm currently employed and make well above the poverty line, but long story short, I may be forced out of my job if a nagging shoulder problem that is slow to recover after having surgery in March isn't well enough by next week to return to full duty. Life's a b*#$% and not fair at times but that's just how it is.

However, now I'm thinking of filling out a new I-134 saying I'm unemployed, and having my dad (who will be our co-sponsor) fill one out too, and sending them to my fiancee just in case something bad happens with my job before her interview on May 20th.

Anyone's thoughts on how to do this? Should I just fill out a new I-134 saying I have no income and disregard the fact that I just had a job? I'm going to try my best to just push through the pain until at least May 20th, but if I know our interview and her getting here isn't in jeopardy as long as we have a co-sponsor, then at least I'll be able to relax a little more in case I am forced to quit or get fired between now and then.

So again, I'm lucky enough to be employed, I'm just talking about a plan B to mail to my girl, just in case...My follow up appointment with the surgeon is Tuesday and my pain is actually WORSE than before, so I'm really worried about it (my job is a supervisory position, but it still includes physically demanding work, and for up to 20 hours+ at a time!..)

By the time of her interview, it will have been 9 months since we submitted the I-129F, so I just don't want any problems.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.