Mara1209

Does it really matter? Please help!!!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You should put your consulate flag in your profile and also post in the MENA forum, because Morocco is a unique consulate and other people from other countries don't necessarily know how difficult Morocco is to get a visa.

You might want to be aware of this from the U.S. Embassy for Morocco http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiance-visas.html:

Internet Romance and Marriage Fraud

Many U.S. citizens befriend Moroccans through Internet dating and social networking sites and these relationships often lead to marriage or engagement. While many of the marriages between U.S. citizens and Moroccans are successful, the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca warns against marriage fraud. It is not uncommon for foreign nationals to enter into marriages with U.S. citizens solely for immigration purposes. Relationships developed via correspondence, particularly those begun on the Internet, are especially susceptible to manipulation. Often, the marriages end in divorce in the United States when the foreign national acquires legal permanent residence (“green card”) or U.S. citizenship. In some cases, the new U.S. citizen or permanent resident then remarries a wife he had divorced around the same time as he had entered into a relationship with the sponsoring U.S. citizen.

Some of the signs that an Internet contact may be developing a relationship with a U.S. citizen in order to obtain an immigrant visa through marriage are:

• Declarations of love within days or weeks of the initial contact;
  • Proposals or discussions of marriage soon after initial contact;
  • Requests to the U.S. citizen to visit the foreign national’s home country soon after the declaration of love or proposal;
  • Responses to messages from the U.S. citizen friend are along the lines “I love you/Sorry I missed your call,” or similarly one-sided conversations;
  • Once engaged, married, or an immigrant visa petition is filed, suddenly starts missing scheduled appointments to chat or call.

While chat rooms, dating, and social networking sites can be ways to make friends across international borders, the U.S. government urges U.S. citizens who meet foreign nationals on the Internet to keep in mind the signs noted above. Entering into a marriage contract for the principal purpose of facilitating immigration to the United States for an alien is against U.S. law and can result in serious penalties, including fines and imprisonment for the U.S. citizen and the foreign national involved.

Although your relationship may be legitimate, just be aware that the consulate is looking for red flags such as the above and are more likely to question your relationship on its brevity before filing. It's good you have made several trips and be well prepared to answer any of their questions.

Thank you for all the useful info but our relationship has nothing to do with the signs listed above. So we just need to make the immigration officers believe in our relationship because we really have nothing to hide from them and we want to do everything legally. We are just two normal people waiting to get together.

goofy.gif Petit à petit, l'oiseau fait son nid... goofy.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not saying that your relationship is the warning above. What I am saying is that the fact that you filed within a short time after meeting is a red flag for the consulate. Be aware of the warning, because the more you are aware of what the consulate might be thinking, which is the above, the better off and better prepared you will be. Having been on here a while, I can just say that people who try to do things too quickly through Morocco are more likely to get a denial. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

I am not saying that your relationship is the warning above. What I am saying is that the fact that you filed within a short time after meeting is a red flag for the consulate. Be aware of the warning, because the more you are aware of what the consulate might be thinking, which is the above, the better off and better prepared you will be. Having been on here a while, I can just say that people who try to do things too quickly through Morocco are more likely to get a denial. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

OK. I see now. But we have known each other for 4 months before petitioning (3 months before the physical meeting and one month after) and it's been a year now since we first met online and 5 months as an engaged couple. Is it still considered as a red flag? I would like to learn from your own experience, please. Thank you once again.

Timeline

You know, it's hard to tell with that consulate. Just be as prepared as possible and especially psychologically, because I think it can go either way. For me, I didn't go to Morocco until a year after we met online. Then I went back a second time and stayed for the summer. I came back home, and then I filed 7 months later. So we knew each other for two years before I filed. Since you've already filed, you have to just go with the flow of events now. Just make sure you save all of your evidence. It might be that they will want to see them at the interview, or they may not. I think he will know when he gets in there how things will go, because either they will start questioning him massively with detailed questions and in a rather abrupt and antagonistic manner, or they will be more upbeat. I think they usually have made their decision before the interview even takes place. I would say in our case, they had already made the decision before the interview because he saw it was stamped approved when he walked up to the counter. I had included some brief chats, mostly phone logs because we talked on the phone usually, and I explained carefully our situation. I also included evidence of my trips, receipts, car rental, and pictures.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Timeline

You know, it's hard to tell with that consulate. Just be as prepared as possible and especially psychologically, because I think it can go either way. For me, I didn't go to Morocco until a year after we met online. Then I went back a second time and stayed for the summer. I came back home, and then I filed 7 months later. So we knew each other for two years before I filed. Since you've already filed, you have to just go with the flow of events now. Just make sure you save all of your evidence. It might be that they will want to see them at the interview, or they may not. I think he will know when he gets in there how things will go, because either they will start questioning him massively with detailed questions and in a rather abrupt and antagonistic manner, or they will be more upbeat. I think they usually have made their decision before the interview even takes place. I would say in our case, they had already made the decision before the interview because he saw it was stamped approved when he walked up to the counter. I had included some brief chats, mostly phone logs because we talked on the phone usually, and I explained carefully our situation. I also included evidence of my trips, receipts, car rental, and pictures.

Approved or denied even before the interview??? Oh my God! LOL

Timeline

Yes, so providing enough evidence ahead of time is often the best thing in Morocco. It isn't an easy consulate. You can look at the many cases in the MENA forum.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.