HandN

Package 4 with appointment Letter not arriving by mail

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

fellow Viet VJ'rs

We have not received Package 4 in the mail. (package 3 never arrived either) I have confirmed with DOS that an appointed date has been set via phone. How do I get a copy of the appointment letter. Also is there specific documentation sent in Package 4 for us? I thought I read somewhere there is petitioner specific document needed for the Medical to present to them for physical.

Can SO go to the consulate to get a copy of this? if so, what will she need a copy of NVC NOA2 with case number? and her passport?

Thanks

I need SO to get medical and pay fees…. so on.

Also need Appointment letter for Final Documents.

I received everything by email. The only thing I received in the regular mail was the NOA 1 & NOA 2. Did you guys do your GS-3032 Choice of Agent? Did you provide USCIS & NVC with your email address?

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You can contact the consulate to issue you appoiment letter . You will need to present appoiment letter for medicinal exam, immunization , entrance to enter the consulate when your interview date. Consulate won't seen you but you can email them provide your case

number , passport , Approval letter they will issue you appoiment letter . . Did you try to contact NVC yet? They send me email and mailed after a week they notified me email .

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/mobile/contact/ivinquiries.html

Edited by Duy Nguyen

Timeline

Once it got to the HCMC consulate, We have not had any mail (snail mail ) notifications, documents and no email notifications. From everything i read they sMAIL to the petitioner.

Since you can not email the consulate directly anymore (and get an automated kickback message) You have to send any inquiries through the HTML website inquiry portal. I did this to confirm package 3 receipt by consulate, and why I called DOS for update on interview date after not getting any notifications from the inquiry on package4. (again not receiving anything by (s)mail.) DOS told me interview date was issued. Since We never saw package 3 arrival in the mail, I am to assume the same of package4 in Viet.

I have received NOA2 by mail from NVC and following the process with contact to NVC..and now DOS stateside (via phone) but that doesn't help me with the appointment letter and any package 4 documents specific to the petitioner.

Other than the appointment letter is there any other papers specific to the petitioner in package 4?

(off the Consulate website, I downloaded package 3 and same with package4).

"mfranc68" yes USCIS and NVC have email address many times on multiple forms. and filled out Electronic notification as well at the very beginning. It was verified again at NVC they have email addresses.

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Did you contacted the consulate yet? They respond email fast so you could hear response less than a day. I don't know wht your category mine is f3 package4 sent to both petitioner and choice of agent! Also, you won't be seen without appoiment so contact consulate and write them short description because of limited character . basicly package4 is nothing they just listed what documents is received and what is missing need to bring during the interview. You will need new aos and recent tax returns to the visa interview

Best of luck to you!

Edited by Duy Nguyen

Timeline

Update…

An appointment letter was emailed to me from the HCMC Consulate off an inquiry submitted through the web link. YEAH. This took a few days but surprisingly fairly quick response. Now we can proceed and hopefully I don't miss anything or there was no other specific information in Package4 for SO.

According to SO you can no longer get documents by visiting the consulate as she was turned away when asking for a copy of the Appointment letter. She presented her Passport and the NVC approval letter. (consulate already had package 3 and we had an interview date assigned as per phone call to DOS). She was told it would arrive in the mail. I am doubtful as we never got package 3, why would package4 be any different.

Best Solution: Email through the portal, now for the next challenge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

what is DOS.... ? and can I have the phone number

Marriage : 07/22/2012

USCIS Process

09/16/2012: I-130 Sent

09/20/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Receipt txt)

09/24/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Hard copy)

09/25/2012: I-130 Case Transfer to (MSC)

11/08/2012: I-130 NOA2 in 44 days after NOA1

NVC:11/19/2012: I-130 @ NVC

12/05/2012: Case & IID asign

12/19/2012: AoS paid n send

12/20/2012: AoS received

02/18/2012: IV Paid

04/15/2013: IV send

04/16/2013: IV received

04/25/2013: NVC case complete

06/26/2013: NVC send email notification for interview

07/11/2013: Interview approved

09/06/2013: POE @ JFK

CRBA: 05/20/2013: Approved

6/8/2015 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to VSC
6/9/20015 - I-751 received in VSC

6/12/2015 - NOA1

pe80i6s.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Department of state (202) 663-1225

in US?

Marriage : 07/22/2012

USCIS Process

09/16/2012: I-130 Sent

09/20/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Receipt txt)

09/24/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Hard copy)

09/25/2012: I-130 Case Transfer to (MSC)

11/08/2012: I-130 NOA2 in 44 days after NOA1

NVC:11/19/2012: I-130 @ NVC

12/05/2012: Case & IID asign

12/19/2012: AoS paid n send

12/20/2012: AoS received

02/18/2012: IV Paid

04/15/2013: IV send

04/16/2013: IV received

04/25/2013: NVC case complete

06/26/2013: NVC send email notification for interview

07/11/2013: Interview approved

09/06/2013: POE @ JFK

CRBA: 05/20/2013: Approved

6/8/2015 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to VSC
6/9/20015 - I-751 received in VSC

6/12/2015 - NOA1

pe80i6s.png

Timeline

in US?

Call that number and then I think it is press 1 then press 0

Yes. That is the Visa Department of the Department of State in the US. They can only provide informational stuff. The consulate has to issue packages( mail them out) and set interview dates.

Since Vietnam is difficult to find information. The DOS can tell you if package 3 is sent. if package 4 sent, if they set interview date…so on...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.