02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

VJ k-1 community,

We are thrilled and panicked to announce that we have just received the e-mail notification saying that our I129-F petition has been APPROVED! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?? We received the NOA1 exactly four months ago (December 10th). We were expecting it to take at least 8 months or more considering all of the information you guys have been posting and with the USCIS national average processing time creeping upwards. I am deeply sorry for all of you who are still waiting the NOA2 and filed before us. We don't know how this happened. It is completely unfair. However, we are very nervous about the interview and need your help. First of all, our case status went from "initial review" to "post decision activity." What happened to the "decision" stage? Is this normal? Will the next packet of information be sent to my house in the US or will it be sent here to Buenos Aires? Also, I have read in some posts that the beneficiary was asked during the interview what their fiancé (me) does (I assume this refers to job/where they live). I have been living in Argentina for the past 10 months and have way over-stayed my visa. Will this raise red flags in the embassy's eyes? I only did it so I could be with my fiancé but now I'm worried this will affect their decision to give us the visa! Any ideas?? Assuming we didn't get approved without having to do the interview, how can we start preparing? I found the information on VJ about the interview to be unclear.

Thank you for providing all of the updates and information about the K-1! Keep praying that you get your approvals in the near future!

Hi Congratulations! :dance:

This happened to us too...from "Initial Review" directly to 'Post Decision Activity'

my fiance(USC) didnt receive any email or text, only received the hardcopy directly....

About her interview..I have read this somewhere when I was doing a research for my interview:

During the K-1 Fiancé(e)Visa Interview, the Consular Officer Assesses:

1. Whether the foreign national fiancé(e)has complete information about her U.S. citizen and his life, including details about family, past relationships, marriages, employment etc;

2. Whether the foreign national fiancé(e) is genuinely interested in the U.S. citizen and is serious about marrying him/her; and

3. Whether the foreign national is a person of good moral character and is not inadmissible.

During my interview they didnt ask me what he does but did ask for the Affidavit of Support and his 1040 to support...

GOD BLESS YOU BOTH! :star:

we are now expecting our first baby! :goofy: (L) :dancing: (F) :wub: :star: :dance: :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congrats to both of You. :)

Idiot July filler here unable to fill his petition ahahahah :)

:rofl:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What does "frontload" mean?

Frontloading is when you include information into the I-129F application packet that may not be needed in that part of the process.

Many immigration attorneys will suggest frontloading an application with information depending on the situation. Keep in mind that the entire packet is forwarded to the embassy for the interview and unneeded information is ignored by USCIS.

Some countries have a high visa fraud rate, and most interviews are only a few minutes in length. Some embassies also have a large volume of applications to deal with. As a result interviewers may review an application prior to the interview. During the pre-interview review, the interviewer may decide the fate of the application before even speaking to the beneficiary. Remember, fraud is assumed, it is your responsibility to prove that the application and relationship are legitimate.

Many attorneys believe that frontloading can provide information that can prevent an REF, and also answer issues that the interviewer may have.

Frontloading is not necessary. Many VJ members believe in including only ‘necessary’ information in the application packet. Frontloading requires additional time, organization, and expense.

However ‘necessary’ can be a little subjective. The somewhat subjective nature of information can be seen in the many RFE’s applicants receive. Most applicants believe that they submitted sufficient proof initially, but the information provided may not be sufficient for the adjudicator or interviewer.

Some VJ members think that the additional information included will slow down the application from being approved. There is no evidence to support this fear. When an application packet is received by USCIS, it is disassembled, reorganized, and scanned. If properly organized this should not be a problem.

Ann and I frontloaded our application more than any other applicant that we know of. 381 pages, full color, extremely organized.

Does frontloading help? Possibly, but probably less than we hope. I doubt that it will make the process any faster or slower. I do believe it can prevent an RFE or problems at the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.