serendipity9

Algiers Embassy email addresses

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

For those going through processing in Algiers, has anyone communicated with the embassy through their IV-DV email address? I recall before it used to be just the one email address for all visa inquiries, ConsularAlgiers, and always generated an auto-reply (preceeding several weeks of waiting for an actual reply).

I just sent my last email to the IV unit one and didn't get an auto-reply message-- just wondering if anyone here gets real-person replies from that IV-DV address?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I sent an email to that address last week and still no response and no auto-reply either... It seems they are just so slow :-(

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
26-Sep-12 - Became US Citizen (I did wait for this to file I-130. I think I should have filed as LPR and upgrade my case later)
3-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)
23-Jan-13 - NOA2 : Interview at field office - APPROVED same day!!!
NVC
05.Mar.13: NVC Received - Finally (USCIS made an error and set my file for Adjustment of Status. It took me energy to get it fixed!)
05.Mar.13: Case number/IIN
05.Mar.13: DS-3032 sent
07.Mar.13: AOS bill
07.Mar.13: AOS package sent
08.Mar.13: AOS bill shows PAID
14.Mar.13: DS-3032 accepted
15.Mar.13: IV bill
18-Mar.13: AOS packet accepted / no checklist
19.Mar.13: IV package sent
23.Mar.13: IV bill shows PAID
02.Apr.13: Case complete!!
03.Apr.13: File sent to embassy
07.Apr.13: Received at embassy
11.Apr.13: Interview scheduled
18.Apr.13: Medical exam
23.Apr.13: Interview (APPROVED)
24.Apr.13: Visa (however my wife will only pick it up on 27.May.13)
XX.XXX.13: POE

event.png

Timeline

Sometimes I would not always get the auto reply from the Consular Algiers one either. Winds up they told me those ones they did not get. She said it was not uncommon if they had temporary internet connections/delays.

If it were me I would not wait more then a few days before trying again. Of course, that's just my 2 cents :)

Timeline

Thanks I just sent the email again, at the expense of me pissing them off! Tired of this process...

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
26-Sep-12 - Became US Citizen (I did wait for this to file I-130. I think I should have filed as LPR and upgrade my case later)
NVC
05.Mar.13: NVC Received - Finally (USCIS made an error and set my file for Adjustment of Status. It took me energy to get it fixed!)

event.png

Timeline

Thanks I just sent the email again, at the expense of me pissing them off! Tired of this process...

Understandable!!

I wouldn't worry too much about pissing them off... at the rate they actually return replies they have no right to be bothered!! :blink:

Timeline

Thanks. I want to plan a trip back to Algeria to travel back with my wife. How long do they take to issue the visa after approval of the interview?

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
NVC

event.png

Timeline

Thanks. I want to plan a trip back to Algeria to travel back with my wife. How long do they take to issue the visa after approval of the interview?

Tough call... the embassy told us two weeks, however ours took two months before it was actually in hand. No guarantees I guess.

I wish I had more definitive information for you, but I don't.

Timeline

Tough call... the embassy told us two weeks, however ours took two months before it was actually in hand. No guarantees I guess.

I wish I had more definitive information for you, but I don't.

Wow! thanks for the info. I guess I'll just wait till she has the visa then go...

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
NVC

event.png

Timeline

Just got an email from the embassy and they schedule the interview!:-)

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
NVC

event.png

Timeline

So, Yugo..did the email you sent yesterday give an instant auto-reply before the real reply?? As Medroni mentioned, sometimes these emails float in a blackhole when they dont generate the auto-reply but... like you said, I don't wanna piss them off either sending too many emails :)

Timeline

For those going through processing in Algiers, has anyone communicated with the embassy through their IV-DV email address? I recall before it used to be just the one email address for all visa inquiries, ConsularAlgiers, and always generated an auto-reply (preceeding several weeks of waiting for an actual reply).

I just sent my last email to the IV unit one and didn't get an auto-reply message-- just wondering if anyone here gets real-person replies from that IV-DV address?

I have received responses from them, though it wil take a week or too as they have told me they are short staffed.

So, Yugo..did the email you sent yesterday give an instant auto-reply before the real reply?? As Medroni mentioned, sometimes these emails float in a blackhole when they dont generate the auto-reply but... like you said, I don't wanna piss them off either sending too many emails :)

YOu have to stray on them! They will drag their heels if you dont. Their excuse is they are under staffed. My fiancee's visa was approved and printed and they confirmed on March 22, but his file isnt ready because they are short staffed. ( it has been 3 weeks since he was apporved) They FINALLY responded after my 10th email

Timeline

I have a direct email to one of the Consulate Agents. If it is urgent and you have not heard from, so what I did, contact your state senator and they will help you out. Mine did, he sent a message to the COnsulate on April 9 and APril 10 the Consulate had his file completed and mailed by UPS.

(email edited out of public thread for security reasons - please send PM request to poster instead for contact information)

Edited by Kathryn41

Timeline

Wow, they did reply- and I only emailed them last Wednesday, so that was super-quick (albeit it was a very simple request to just confirm that they received the documents we submitted). So, now it is a matter of more waiting for them to review it and to see what they will ultimately decide. :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.