toolinchains28

Income Question Form I-864

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have a couple questions regarding income portion of form I-864.

#23 Individual annual income

Should I put gross or net income for the year 2012?

#25 Federal Income Tax Return Information

My total income, adjusted gross income on IRS Form 1040 includes my husband's because we file joint tax. The thing is I am not including his income since it's not needed. My question is, do I just reference the total income in our 1040 but just use my income portion? For example, in our tax form, our total income is 85,000. His income is 45,000 and mine is 40,000. So do I just put 40,000 even if that is not in our 1040 form? Aside from our 2012 1040, employment verification, and paystubs for 6 months, I'd be sending copies of my w2 for the past 3 years as supporting documentation.

Thank you in advance.

I have a couple questions regarding income portion of form I-864.

My total income, adjusted gross income on IRS Form 1040 includes my husband's because we file joint tax. The thing is I am not including his income since it's not needed. My question is, do I just reference the total income in our 1040 but just use my income portion? For example, in our tax form, our total income is 85,000. His income is 45,000 and mine is 40,000. So do I just put 40,000 even if that is not in our 1040 form? Aside from our 2012 1040, employment verification, and paystubs for 6 months, I'd be sending copies of my w2 for the past 3 years as supporting documentation.

Thank you in advance.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I actually put the total income from the tax forms where it asks for the three years, but everyplace else I put my own income and included a W2 and employment letter. I haven't sent it out yet though.

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

I mailed my forms in today, so ill let you know if it is accepted. I put the total adjusted salary, in the total from taxes, but my individual salary everyplace else. I attached one tax transcript, An employment letter, a w2, and some paystubs.

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

I mailed my forms in today, so ill let you know if it is accepted. I put the total adjusted salary, in the total from taxes, but my individual salary everyplace else. I attached one tax transcript, An employment letter, a w2, and some paystubs.

When I sent last weekend I put my W-2 earnings only (I had other income but W2 alone is way over requirement) and then down below for the 3 years I put the AGI off the taxes (total). I also sent 2010, 2011, and 2012 transcripts. I also attached only my W2 for each of those years so they could see where I got the other number from.

Finished!

Filed: Timeline

Neither. You put your gross annual income for right now. i.e. the current salary from the jobs that you have right now

My total income, adjusted gross income on IRS Form 1040 includes my husband's because we file joint tax. The thing is I am not including his income since it's not needed. My question is, do I just reference the total income in our 1040 but just use my income portion? For example, in our tax form, our total income is 85,000. His income is 45,000 and mine is 40,000. So do I just put 40,000 even if that is not in our 1040 form?

Put what it says on the tax form, even if it includes his income.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.