I & B

CSC I-129F Processing Delay Calculator...

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You know, I'll never say I'm "thankful" for the waiting and the delay and all... but I have to say, it's incredibly cool to see the creativity displayed here to calculate what little information we're given. This community is awesome!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I tried with my date ( Nov 29 ,2012) but I got the N/A results...

It worked for from Nov 1 to Nov 13 but then the rest all goes N/A

May I ask what version of excel you are using? I cannot reproduce this error on my spreadsheet, but it is consistent with the error reported by another user, so I am trying to pin down the cause to address it.

Timeline

Thanks I&B for sharing this calculator. Wow. I couldn't make it work until I converted it to xls from xlsx. My worst case gives 68 days. from today until completion.

Btw what is everyone using as NOA1 date- the Receipt date or the Notice Date? I would guess the notice date is the one that is valid. Both dates are indicated in the I-797C form, but it is the receipt date that is referenced in the USCIS Case Status.

May I ask what version of excel you are using as well? I can post a .xls version of the same file to my dropbox if this is a fix to a common problem.

Timeline

Thanks I&B for sharing this calculator. Wow. I couldn't make it work until I converted it to xls from xlsx. My worst case gives 68 days. from today until completion.

Btw what is everyone using as NOA1 date- the Receipt date or the Notice Date? I would guess the notice date is the one that is valid. Both dates are indicated in the I-797C form, but it is the receipt date that is referenced in the USCIS Case Status.

Also, I've been thinking about your question. I chose the NOA1 notice date as the starting point because I figured that was a better gauge of where you were in line than the receipt date. But, now that you mention it, I suppose that leaves a slight inconsistency in my formula because I prorated people's positions in the month based on the number of receipts per month, which I assume lines up slightly better with the actual receipt day. Accordingly, I have updated the calculator spreadsheet accordingly to provide clearer instructions to make sure people use the received date. The updated calculator is available through the original link in the OP. Many thanks!

Filed: Timeline

May I ask what version of excel you are using as well? I can post a .xls version of the same file to my dropbox if this is a fix to a common problem.

I get the N/A's (with either xlsx or xls) when I try it on my work computer (MS Excel 2007), but the xls version works fine on my home computer (MS Excel 2003 SP3)

2013-08-13 - Sent AOS package (I-485/I-765/I-131 for K1; I-485/I-131 for K2)

2013-08-21 - E-notification text & email with case numbers. Receipt date for I-485 was 2013-08-15. Receipt date for I-765 and I-131 was 2013-08-20.

2013-08-24 - Received hard copy NOA1 for K1's I-485, I-765, and I-131. No NOA1 received for K2's I-485 and I-131.

2013-08-30 - Received biometrics appointment letters for 2013-09-13. Sent Request for Rescheduling form to re-reschedule biometrics.

2013-09-04 - Biometrics processing stamp (early walk-in / Infopass)

2013-09-10 - Received a second set of biometrics appointment letters so I sent back copies of our biometrics processing stamps to three offices: Alexandria BPU, NBC, and Vermont Service Center.

2013-09-23 - E-notification: change of Case Status (I-485 K1&K2 ready for interview scheduling)

2013-09-26 - Received a third biometrics appointment letter (to K1 only). Ignored.

2013-10-10 - E-notification: Interview appointment notice for 11/13/13

2013-10-14 - Received hard copy interview letter in the mail

2013-10-18 - E-notification: "name change relating to I-765"; E-notification: 1-131 approved (K1)

2013-10-22 - Received AOS interview cancellation notice by mail

2013-10-23 - E-notification: change of Case Status (I-485 K1&K2 interview cancelled) ; E-notification: I-765 approved; E-notification: 1-131 approved (K2)

2013-11-13 - I-485 Interview for K1&K2. Approved

2015-03-30 - Divorced

Timeline

I get the N/A's (with either xlsx or xls) when I try it on my work computer (MS Excel 2007), but the xls version works fine on my home computer (MS Excel 2003 SP3)

Haha, not sure if that makes the problem easier to diagnose or not. Really weird. But I really appreciate you sharing. I'm going to have version 2.0 of the calculator (with some spiffy new features!) done in a day or so and I'll be sure to include some versions saved in more backwards compatible formats.

Timeline

I've left the old calculator in the OP downloadable for now, but I have also posted a new version that I urge everyone to use instead. You can find that version in its own there here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It says to put the month in first. If I do that it says I should have been processed two months ago. If I put it in date then month it says I should have an NOA2 in two weeks. Now that would be good :)

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

It says to put the month in first. If I do that it says I should have been processed two months ago. If I put it in date then month it says I should have an NOA2 in two weeks. Now that would be good :)

Not sure exactly what you mean. In the appropriate "Enter Your NOA1 "Received Date" Here* (mm/dd/yyyy) →" yellow box, you should enter the full mm/dd/yyyy received date from your NOA1. There should be no separate input for months, days, etc.

Also, please check my post above. There is a new version of the calculator.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.