A.J

Casablanca Interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello VJ members,

due gto my Dilemma with MY US GOV i thought i'd post my husbands interview i know it's a lil late for that but it might help people that are still waiting in line.

Me and my husband and his Dad Got there at 7:00 am because we live 2 hours away from Casa so we had to drive a lil early. People started getting in a line infront of the US Consulate at 7: 30 the (G4S) started separating Visa gategories by Immigrants on one side and non immigrants on an other side. Get there Appoinment Sheets and passport check em with a metal detector etc. after a few min my husband got in to a window where he handed his passport and 2 pics and the appoinment letter and got inside. A second security check had to take off his jacket and his belt even though all he had is a binder full of evidence and an album which the CO didn't ask for any of it.

went through an other door to the waiting area with the other applicants,, sit there for 30 min got called by a Moroccan lady that asked him the following :

-have you ever been outside Morocco

-give me the medical exam ( hand him back the X-rays without even looking at em) so what's the point from getting it in the first place.

- Give me your phone number ( and that's when he knew that he was not gonna get approved that day, why would they ask for a phone number if he 's gonna get approved)

_ asked him to go sit down and wait for his name to be called for a second time

After almost an hour h got called again the lady was an american caucasion lady in her late 20's maybe brown hair, pony tail and glaces, asked him to swear under oath and so he did and start with the questions right away :

How did you two meet ?

when was her 1st,2nd,3rd visit ?

asked him about my kid and who is taking care of him

If i ever brought my son with me ?

Did we get married on my 1st visit ?

He answered all the questions with tiny specific details, she was nice to him and he said everytime he would answer a question she would look at him and not interrupt him at all, and besides that his English is good,fluent and he doesn't have an accent in my american opinion lol i wouldn't tell that he is not an American, my family and americans we've met in Morocco are impressed by his English. Besides he took English Studies in college so i guess that says it all. Back to the CO Lol she said ''ok im gonna give you back your passport and your marriage Certificate(the originalone)we need sometime for AP, i have your number i will call you to come pick up your visa.'''' didn't Say anything about a red flag or your marriage is not a bonafide one or any of that .

We are both 24 years old and we've a lot of incomings we did everything by the book and i spent 366 days so far, my last visit lasted from SEPT 16 2012 untill today and im still here..our visa journey took more than i ever expected i have a son to go back to but the us consulate makes no sense sometimes,,approving the wrong people and denying the right ones ... i just wanted to get this over with and start a new life already.

I don't know what was the AP all about he didn't even get that famous 221g.

Timeline

Are you a US citizen or permanent resident? Just asking bc of where this is posted. It sounds like once they finish background checks and stuff he will probably get his visa. By the way, my husband was asked for his phone number at the pre-interview and he was approved at the interview. Hopefully you'll get the call soon!

Edited by Crossed_fingers

Timeline

Thanks i really hope so. Yes i am a US citizen born and raised in the US and the background check wasn't that the USCIS JOB that took 6 months ?? i don't see why would they need an other 6 or 10 months for a background check, i seen people on AP for that much long that's why im worried .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What date was the interview?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

Well, it sounds to me, based on how she said she will call to have him pick up his visa, that there were no issues. Also, the interview wasn't antagonistic like those on here who have been denied. It might just be they have to do some checks to make sure everything is in order. I haven't heard of too many cases of long AP in Morocco. In fact, I haven't heard much AP happening in Morocco since I've been on Visa Journey.

Edited because meant visa, not passport.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Thanks for the post..it does help for us who are still waiting to get to the interview part.

Can I ask you a question? I want to know if you guys "frontload" alot with evidence of your ongoing relationship with the initial petition and also did you add more evidence when you sent the papers to the NVC? You said they didn't even look at any of the evidence brought to the interview.

Stay positive and you guys will get the visa very soon...best wishes

Timeline

you're welcome im here to help and share my experience

about the evidence i hired an attourney that did my paper wrok with the USCIS and the NVC . i was told not to submit any of it untill the interview,so everything went smooth with the USCIS and the NVC even without me submitting any evidence. My husband had the following with him but the CO didn't ask for anything even though he offered :

My passport ( dates of entries )

an album of more than 100 pics even though i have more than 3000 in my FB page lol my husband is an amateur photographer so we take a lot of pics anywhere we go.

almost 90 reciepts from groceries,places we've been to ,drs office,post office,,Fedex, western union etc etc

Letters we've exchanged b4 i came here to Morocco

Flights,chat logs,, my sons child support papers.....

But the CO had other things to look at i guess which we have no idea what exactly they are looking for all those red flags about age or lack of visits or crapy English is not in my case .

Timeline

No, it doesn't mean they are sending it back. It means that they are just doing some administrative processing or something to that effect. The fact that she even told him she will call for him to get his visa sounds like it is just a matter of time.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Timeline

A.J., had you guys submitted any relationship evidence at all to USCIS and NVC? Or did you save it ALL for the interview? Did your attorney have experience with Casa?

I really think they will call your husband soon. I haven't seen the lengthy kind of AP waits out of Morocco that are common in some other MENA countries. I don't suppose your husband has a common name by any chance? I'm not sure why the background checks take longer for some men compared to others. Hang in there, it sounds like they believe the relationship is genuine, and at Casa that's the biggest hurdle to clear!

Timeline

Golden Gate Thank you i hope that's the case for my husband at least hearing from them would make me stop freaking out my last visit lasted longer then i expected i've been here Since SEPT 2012 and i can't wait to go home i miss my son so bad Caming up with my Family just making things worst on us,, i really hope we hear from them and thenk you again for the kind words.

Crossed_fingers im afriad not everything i sent was paper work they asked for and no my attorney had no experience with and she told me that before we started on the case but she's a family friend and my dad picked her up before he passed away in JULY 2012which means he had faith on her and everything went good with the USCIS and the NVC except when the NVC sent me a checklist asking for 2 pictures, police and court record because they got expired already.

I read other people Got AP for 62 days (MIBEN)she answered somebodys post and i came across it i just hope that won't my case because most of MENAs applicants that have recieved an AP were handed a 221g by the CO which is not our case.

his name starts with ABDEL like any other ARABIC COMMON name do you think that this could be it ?? HIS NAME ???

Edited by A.J

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.