ChefCC

DOS says visa approved but ceac website says wait appt.

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

HEllo VJ members:

OK. so My mother had her interview on March 20th, in Lima Peru, she recieved a 221g, she was missing one document, she sent it next day with her passport.on the CSC says that the passport arrived on march 22nd. So I've been checking the website everyday and until this morning CEAC showed that it was under AP, but later I checked it again and it said READY and also that she needs another interview throug the U.S. Consular area.

Now I called the DOS or (202)663-1225 number and the lady told me that my mom's visa was approved and she will recieve her passport =, that to not make any plans or reservations (to late I already did and had to rescheduele do to this one paper that I forgot to send) anyways.

My questions are:

Even thou the website says wait for interview, is this means that she has to go again to the embassy?

How long you think it would take??

If the lady at DOS told me that she was approved I have nothing to worry about??

Sorry people for to many questions, this process can be a little bit complicate it. I need all your knowledge

Thank you sooo much

Chef CC

07/16/12 sent I130

11/23/12 I130 approved

12/10/12 NVC sent AOS and DS3032

12/10/12 paid AOS

12/17/12 sent DS261 email

12/26/12 AOS approved and DS261

12/26/27 NVC sent DS260 invoice

12/28/27 paid IV ...

13/16/01 sent documents to NVC

13/29/01 need new I864a (wrong info)

13/12/02 got letter of appt at embassy

13/11/03 medical exam

13/20/03 interview... 221g, need one document

13/21/03 sent passport and document to DHL

13/22/03 documents arrived at Peru Embassy

13/03/04 Visa approved

13/03/04 Visa at DHL Lima Peru

13/05/04 Visa in hand!!

13/05/04 Paid new inmigration fee ($165.00)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.