Jenn!

Meeting Online affecting K1 Morocco results?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I've been trying to figure out the reason behind all of the recent results coming out of Morocco. I really think that if enough of us that have gone through Morocco recently could put together some characteristics of our case, we might be able to determine why certain cases are being denied - characteristics such as age, prior marriages, length of the relationship, did our SO meet our family, did we meet our SO's family, etc. Anything we compile would definitely be helpful to those waiting to go through Morocco, so that they know what about their case they might need to defend, even without being explicitly asked to.

I happened to notice that many of us who have been approved recently did not meet our SO's through the internet, and it also happens that many who have had their petitions returned to the U.S. did. I'm not sure if there's any validity to this theory, but maybe they're looking unfavorably on internet relationships.

What do you all think?

I think this is a great topic! First is that I met my fiance through the internet and have visited him 2 times in the past year since knowing him. I also am older than my fiance and have been married in the past to someone that I sponsored to remain a permanent resident here. But, it so happens that I was raised in a jewish family and converted to islam. What are my chances? I am stressing out now :help:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a great topic! First is that I met my fiance through the internet and have visited him 2 times in the past year since knowing him. I also am older than my fiance and have been married in the past to someone that I sponsored to remain a permanent resident here. But, it so happens that I was raised in a jewish family and converted to islam. What are my chances? I am stressing out now :help:

There's only so much you can do. Try not to stress out too much. Take the advice you see on VisaJourney, be prepared, and remember that although some have been denied recently, many of us have been approved, in situations similar to yours.

Plus we've seen several people who were initially "denied" eventually get their visas approved despite that. So if you have a real relationship, chances are you will eventually get the visa. Just try to be as patient as possible (easier said than done!)

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Timeline

Depending on how you prepared your I129F, I think you have nothing to worry about except the russian roulette game we call the Moroccan consulate.

I met my husband on the internet, only went to Morocco to meet him in person once before filing, had only known him for 3 months when I filed, am 5 years older than him, been married 3 times before, last time to a Moroccan I sponsored and brought here who is now a permanent resident waiting for his citizenship to be approved who just brought his Moroccan wife he married about 3 years after our divorce over on a marriage visa. I'm not Jewish or Muslim. Abdel's K1 was approved with no problems, he passed the interview with flying colors and had his visa the next week.

What I would spend my time working on if I were you would be helping your fiancee learn English well enough to do his interview in it, unless you and him communicate in another language, sending him plenty of cards and/or letters to use as proof at the interview and other than that, just relax and get to know him better because if he gets approved, you're going to be living with him soon.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There's only so much you can do. Try not to stress out too much. Take the advice you see on VisaJourney, be prepared, and remember that although some have been denied recently, many of us have been approved, in situations similar to yours.

Plus we've seen several people who were initially "denied" eventually get their visas approved despite that. So if you have a real relationship, chances are you will eventually get the visa. Just try to be as patient as possible (easier said than done!)

Sharon

I'm sorry moroccogirlny, I hope I am not stressing you out, it isn't my intention at all. One person on here told me to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Well that is what we did, and we were one of the unfortunate ones. Unlike the others having their petitions sent back I have an idea of what went wrong, and once they finally look at our petiton again it should be approved and sent back to Morocco. Unfortunately this little misunderstanding is very time consuming to say the least. So just be prepared...that is the best advice I can give you. I see that there are people on here that have more of the red flags than I did, so you can see it really is a hit and miss thing. Honeyblonde said for your fiance to practice his english. That is exellent advice. They really want to make sure that you and your fiance can communicate. Good luck to you, it shouldn't be long until you get the interview.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You dont have to really worry Id guess you can sponor more then one person. But it just might look odd if you have more then one husband you have sponored. You switching to your husbands religion also can look as a positive factor to help your case. I wouldnt worry to much!

Im not worried but I want a gurantee no denial is coming our way. My only concern is will they have access to any information about my joint sponor? They are doing the same process for their spouse from the same country, only not as far along in the process. We did meet online and we can definately prove relationship if they just look got 6 years of proof. But the fact im worried about is I havent been to Morocco in over a year and half but im planning to go back now that I have a job and stuff after college.

Edited by jennieh

Filed: Timeline

What I found amazing was that after Abdel got here, I called my ex to tell him my fiancee was here, and his wife had gotten here just a few weeks before Abdel. That means that the application for the current wife of my ex that I sponsored to come here was at the consulate at the same time as my paperwork to sponsor Abdel. Both packages had to have copies of our divorce papers in them. I wondered if Casa even noticed it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've been trying to figure out the reason behind all of the recent results coming out of Morocco. I really think that if enough of us that have gone through Morocco recently could put together some characteristics of our case, we might be able to determine why certain cases are being denied - characteristics such as age, prior marriages, length of the relationship, did our SO meet our family, did we meet our SO's family, etc. Anything we compile would definitely be helpful to those waiting to go through Morocco, so that they know what about their case they might need to defend, even without being explicitly asked to.

I happened to notice that many of us who have been approved recently did not meet our SO's through the internet, and it also happens that many who have had their petitions returned to the U.S. did. I'm not sure if there's any validity to this theory, but maybe they're looking unfavorably on internet relationships.

What do you all think?

Thank you so much Sharon, I am trying to be positive about this.

Depending on how you prepared your I129F, I think you have nothing to worry about except the russian roulette game we call the Moroccan consulate.

I met my husband on the internet, only went to Morocco to meet him in person once before filing, had only known him for 3 months when I filed, am 5 years older than him, been married 3 times before, last time to a Moroccan I sponsored and brought here who is now a permanent resident waiting for his citizenship to be approved who just brought his Moroccan wife he married about 3 years after our divorce over on a marriage visa. I'm not Jewish or Muslim. Abdel's K1 was approved with no problems, he passed the interview with flying colors and had his visa the next week.

What I would spend my time working on if I were you would be helping your fiancee learn English well enough to do his interview in it, unless you and him communicate in another language, sending him plenty of cards and/or letters to use as proof at the interview and other than that, just relax and get to know him better because if he gets approved, you're going to be living with him soon.

Good luck!

Thank you so much Liz, your info made me feel better. My fiance speaks english very good, we talk on the phone everyday. $300 a month, but I love him!

Sharon

I'm sorry moroccogirlny, I hope I am not stressing you out, it isn't my intention at all. One person on here told me to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Well that is what we did, and we were one of the unfortunate ones. Unlike the others having their petitions sent back I have an idea of what went wrong, and once they finally look at our petiton again it should be approved and sent back to Morocco. Unfortunately this little misunderstanding is very time consuming to say the least. So just be prepared...that is the best advice I can give you. I see that there are people on here that have more of the red flags than I did, so you can see it really is a hit and miss thing. Honeyblonde said for your fiance to practice his english. That is exellent advice. They really want to make sure that you and your fiance can communicate. Good luck to you, it shouldn't be long until you get the interview.

Thank you, I hope your case works out for the best.

What I found amazing was that after Abdel got here, I called my ex to tell him my fiancee was here, and his wife had gotten here just a few weeks before Abdel. That means that the application for the current wife of my ex that I sponsored to come here was at the consulate at the same time as my paperwork to sponsor Abdel. Both packages had to have copies of our divorce papers in them. I wondered if Casa even noticed it.

Thats amazing!

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband just picked up his K3 Visa on Friday and will be buying his airline ticket when he wakes up in the morning, so I know first hand you can get the Visa. But the biggest thing both my husband and I feel got him the Visa is he speaks english very well. Practice english all you can and make sure he uses it during his interview.

Morocco4ever,

Can you share with us what you have figured out was your red flag that got you denied so it can help someone else to avoid it with their visa interview? I am sure your sharing will be greatly appreicated so all of us are with our love soon.

Thank you,

Paula

Sharon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband speaks english really well its cute he even trys to talk like myself and my mother. Its cute using the terms or slang he heres us use. But he studied english for two years before becoming a teacher. Im only worried about that we havent seen eachother in so long is the bad thing for his interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My husband just picked up his K3 Visa on Friday and will be buying his airline ticket when he wakes up in the morning, so I know first hand you can get the Visa. But the biggest thing both my husband and I feel got him the Visa is he speaks english very well. Practice english all you can and make sure he uses it during his interview.

Morocco4ever,

Can you share with us what you have figured out was your red flag that got you denied so it can help someone else to avoid it with their visa interview? I am sure your sharing will be greatly appreicated so all of us are with our love soon.

Thank you,

Paula

Sharon

No problem, I hope I don't bore the ones that have heard this a million times...lol

The interview itself was very simple, basic questions that anyone could answer. They did look at our pictures, but no other evidence. From what our senators office said is that it was based off of something said at the interview. It started when they asked my husband if he has family in the US. He said I have an ex brother in law and a sister. Wrong thing to say. They asked him why did his sister get divorced. He said that she didn't. They said, well you said your ex brother in law. He said yes, he was married to a different sister. My sister that is in the US is still married. They asked her name and he said Khadija (her official name is Khadouj). They looked for her in their computers and couldn't find her. They asked where did she get the visa, he told them Dubai. Then they asked him how many times I talked to her, he said maybe 2 times. Then they asked him if she arranged our marriage, he said no. They spent more time talking about his sister than they did about us. Here is the truth. His ex brother in law is Moroccan. He was married to a different sister that has never been to the US. They have a child together, and she lives in the US now with father for the past 2 years. I don't know what Visa he had when he came here but he married an American girl after he got here and has 3 children with her. They are now divorced. The sister that is here came over on a K-1 Visa and married a Moroccan man that is now a US citizen. He came over on a student visa and married an American girl, they have no children and then divorced. She has been here now for 3 years and they are still married. That was the entire interview.

So what we have deducted is that they think that she married an american man on a fraud marriage, then got divorced, and she is now paying me to bring him here. Of course our marriage is real, and once they pick up the paper and look at it they will see that what he said was the truth then. Then they will reaffirm the original approval. What we have learned here is that an "ex" is no longer a relative. He should have said that he has a sister and her husband and a niece. What a waste of time <sigh>

I talked to someone that has also had their petition sent back. They also know someone that made the same mistake that my husband did in their interview and they had theirs sent back as well. Originally I though it was our age difference, but the other couples ages are the same, so now I think it is totally that they want to investigate his sister a little deeper. I can understand their concern of course, but I just wish they would have taken the time to review our evidence. Even if his sister had a fraud marriage (which it isn't) it shouldn't reflect on our case. Live and learn........

I hope this helps someone out there to prepare for their interview better than we did. One little screw up could mean months or even years...it just sucks!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morocco4ever,

Thank you so much for sharing this information, I am sure it will help others coming behind us. Everyone needs to look at all these types of questions and know how to answer so it doesn't get the visa denied.

Thank you so much for those with love ones in Morocco.

Paula

Morocco4ever,

Thank you,

Paula

Sharon

No problem, I hope I don't bore the ones that have heard this a million times...lol

The interview itself was very simple, basic questions that anyone could answer. They did look at our pictures, but no other evidence. From what our senators office said is that it was based off of something said at the interview. It started when they asked my husband if he has family in the US. He said I have an ex brother in law and a sister. Wrong thing to say. They asked him why did his sister get divorced. He said that she didn't. They said, well you said your ex brother in law. He said yes, he was married to a different sister. My sister that is in the US is still married. They asked her name and he said Khadija (her official name is Khadouj). They looked for her in their computers and couldn't find her. They asked where did she get the visa, he told them Dubai. Then they asked him how many times I talked to her, he said maybe 2 times. Then they asked him if she arranged our marriage, he said no. They spent more time talking about his sister than they did about us. Here is the truth. His ex brother in law is Moroccan. He was married to a different sister that has never been to the US. They have a child together, and she lives in the US now with father for the past 2 years. I don't know what Visa he had when he came here but he married an American girl after he got here and has 3 children with her. They are now divorced. The sister that is here came over on a K-1 Visa and married a Moroccan man that is now a US citizen. He came over on a student visa and married an American girl, they have no children and then divorced. She has been here now for 3 years and they are still married. That was the entire interview.

So what we have deducted is that they think that she married an american man on a fraud marriage, then got divorced, and she is now paying me to bring him here. Of course our marriage is real, and once they pick up the paper and look at it they will see that what he said was the truth then. Then they will reaffirm the original approval. What we have learned here is that an "ex" is no longer a relative. He should have said that he has a sister and her husband and a niece. What a waste of time <sigh>

I talked to someone that has also had their petition sent back. They also know someone that made the same mistake that my husband did in their interview and they had theirs sent back as well. Originally I though it was our age difference, but the other couples ages are the same, so now I think it is totally that they want to investigate his sister a little deeper. I can understand their concern of course, but I just wish they would have taken the time to review our evidence. Even if his sister had a fraud marriage (which it isn't) it shouldn't reflect on our case. Live and learn........

I hope this helps someone out there to prepare for their interview better than we did. One little screw up could mean months or even years...it just sucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.