klester

Change of address RIGHT after NOA2

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We finally received our NOA2 email today (yay!)

The only "issue" is that we moved yesterday. Funny how the timing on these things usually works.

We are currently living in Japan, and I will actually be moving again in a couple of days to go back to the US while she waits here for approval. I was wondering what the best way to change our address is (mine to my new US address, and hers to her new Japanese address).

It sounds like she might not officially have to change her address at all as it isn't required throughout the I-130 NVC process and will just be updated automatically after we file the DS-230. Is this correct?

As for my case, should I update now with the Service Center, or should I wait a bit and update with the NVC? (To change to my US address) Obviously we have the physical NOA2 letter on the way, but that should be forwarded to our new Japanese address (we applied for mail forwarding). If I DO update my address with the service center tomorrow (to my US address), will that also automatically update it with the NVC?

Edited by klester

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.