O&Z

In AP from Montreal Consulate - anyone else?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

does anyone know if you have to re-do the medical exam and police certificate or other paperwork if it's been over a year.

it's not our fault that they are taking so long and it would really be insult to injury if they force us to pay another obscene amount of time and money to re-do the physical/medical.

it will be a year since hubby's medical in October. and i believe his police certificate was done in May, so a year is already over.

Yes, medical examination and police report are valid for 6 months. I believe form 230 is valid for a year.

Timeline

so does that mean all of us in AP over 6 months need to re-do these every 6 months?

We will have to re-do the medical examination and police certificate once they request our passports. There is nothing to submit now.

Did you get a reply from the Whitehouse?

Timeline

ok.

that is just so frustrating because hubby is an area nowhere near where they do the physicals and the extra expense of course.

that's so inconsiderate of them to make us re-do them.

no reply form the white house :(

how about you? any news?

Timeline

ok.

that is just so frustrating because hubby is an area nowhere near where they do the physicals and the extra expense of course.

that's so inconsiderate of them to make us re-do them.

no reply form the white house sad.png

how about you? any news?

Unfortunately we have to re-do them. To be honest, I just want this to be over.

No news for me. No updates..

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

anybody nearing the 12 month mark for their AP?

Hey Zubi2lute,

What’s new with you?

Nothing as of yet for me. My wife contacted the Senator in her state. He received the same answer

“Still undergoing administrative processing”. We were thinking to email the Whitehouse. Did you get an answer when you emailed them?

Mehr, any updates on your ends?

Timeline

no reply from white house.

an experienced immigration attorney just told me in reality it's going to take 9-12 months of AP for us, but we should def be approved.

she also told us not to contact or inquire too much because that can delay a case. that makes no sense to me, but i'm sure she had reason to believe that it's true.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No news for me. The only thing was that my status date changed 3 times last month, last time on Jun 27.I know it does not mean anything but at leat shows that they are working on my case. Hope all of us hear good news soon.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

also, i did finally a receive an email from the white house (2 months later).

basically they had the USCIS reply and said that this is mandatory AP, security clearance, homeland security blah blah blah

and NOTHING can expedite it.

so yea, that was useless. dont waste your time emailing the whitehouse.

the only thing i can think is to have a petition on change.org to process all AP cases soon. or make this a faster process.

the official reports say only 2% of cases go into AP. that can't possibly be true. then they go on to say it only takes days to weeks to get it cleared. again, also not true. so the people in washington don't have a true picture what is like for us sitting in AP for months to years.

Edited by zubi2lute

Timeline

so this is weird - but we had a status update date change today (on a saturday!). still in AP, but we've never seen an update on a Saturday.

anyone else?

I saw it in a different topic. I cannot remember where...

Try to send them an email to inquire about the status of your case..

Timeline

i called the other day and spoke to a guy that sounded very bored for abt 15 minutes.

of course there is absolutely nothing he can tell us about the case, because he doesn't see those details.

although he said if any further information is needed (re-do police certificate, medical, financial, etc) that they would see those alerts and we would be notified/contacted as well.

i asked since it has been 2 yrs now of our marriage - is it automatically an IR1 now, or do I still have to file that paperwork? he said i will still have to file that paperwork with USCIS but it cannot be done until his visa is issued. (how efficient! lol)

i'm not really sure what the next steps will be - how they will ask for the passport back - will we send it through loomis, to what address, etc

i guess we'll bumble along and get it done when we get the chance.

if anyone that's gotten out of AP, could share their next steps, that would be super helpful!

if God willing I get the chance to soon, i will post it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.