enro9999

any suggestions on contacting congressman or respresentative?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations on how to contact a representative or congressman in one's area to help with a immigration case? I'm in the NYC area and don't know where to start or how to address the situation. Does waiting 4 months after an interview warrant that action? Any advice would be appreciated.

Here's some background:

I had my interview in December 2012. It was our second interview; the first was 3 years ago, but was denied because of a criminal charge so we had to apply for a waiver. The waiver was finally approved last August. But for whatever reason they also denied my second EAD renewal before that. So I am currently without work authorization. (My lawyer said to not inquire about that now as it would throw the case back into the system and not at the local office).

So we went for the interview back in Dec., everything checked out, but the officer said she would have to run it by her supervisor and make background checks that I hadn't left the country all the while I was waiting. Other than that she said "It looks good" but didn't say I was officially approved.

It's been nearly 4 months and no word from USCIS. I don't know why it would take this long to run it by a supervisor. My lawyer is going in for a number of Infopass cases this Friday and said she would ask about mine, but I've read that these Infopass appointments don't really do anything. I'm pretty concerned because my wife and I may move to another state in a few months and I was hoping to have this all resolved so I can start working.

Again, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would suggest to go online first and research the congressman and reps of the state, find out who has most of their time in immigration issues and go with that person.

Generally you would call or email them, most times they have the release forms available on their website. You will need to sign and send the release forms before they can do anything to help you out with your case.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I would suggest to go online first and research the congressman and reps of the state, find out who has most of their time in immigration issues and go with that person.

Generally you would call or email them, most times they have the release forms available on their website. You will need to sign and send the release forms before they can do anything to help you out with your case.

Thanks. Would you know if four months after the interview is enough time to reach out and try to get a representative to get involved?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.