afparks

confuse on the affidavit of support I-134

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok my husband and i are confused on what to put on his annual income. shall we put his income on the itr or his income on his w2. because the two has different income. and also his income varies annually. he has a permanent job. so are we going to put the income on the itr or the income on the w2? hope to hear any response soon. i will be having my interview on dec. 8 at the manila us embassy. thanks

afparks

Filed: Timeline
ok my husband and i are confused on what to put on his annual income. shall we put his income on the itr or his income on his w2. because the two has different income. and also his income varies annually. he has a permanent job. so are we going to put the income on the itr or the income on the w2? hope to hear any response soon. i will be having my interview on dec. 8 at the manila us embassy. thanks

afparks

His income on the w2 and his ITR should be the same.....unless he had two jobs but lost one of his w2's.

For this particular situation...I would go with what can be verified which is the income on the w2. So i would put his income that is on his w2. This sis just my thought. You might want to see what Yodrak, YuandDan, Aussiewench and the others say.

Timeline

hi jamrok the reason his w2 is not the same on his itr is this. his w2 is behind because he dont have pay for almost 1 month last year becuase he was here in the philippines. but his itr exceeds the limit because he won a small lottery last year that they taxed him too. so now we are confused on what we are going to put. because everyone is saying the annual income is what is needed. also his income varies yearly. so it dont stick to the same amount annually. he has a permanent job for 3 years now. we are really confuse.

afparks

His income on the w2 and his ITR should be the same.....unless he had two jobs but lost one of his w2's.

For this particular situation...I would go with what can be verified which is the income on the w2. So i would put his income that is on his w2. This sis just my thought. You might want to see what Yodrak, YuandDan, Aussiewench and the others say.

afparks,

I-134 Q7 should be answered by giving current income on an annualized basis. That might well not be the same as last year's earnings from employment (Form W-2) or last year's total income (Form 1040) (Unless one is self-employed and last year's income tax return is the only means one has of estimating or documenting their income.)

Yodrak

afparks

Timeline

Yodrak pardon me if im wrong, do u mean to say my husband current income, this year? so does it mean we need to compute his current income now and then thats what were going to put on Q7? i thought we only have to put the income for the w2 or the itr.

afparks,

I-134 Q7 should be answered by giving current income on an annualized basis. That might well not be the same as last year's earnings from employment (Form W-2) or last year's total income (Form 1040) (Unless one is self-employed and last year's income tax return is the only means one has of estimating or documenting their income.)

Yodrak

afparks

afparks,

I mean to say his income right now. Compute his current annual income base on the hourly, weekly, or however else it's stated, rate of pay from his most recent pay statement. Rate of pay times number of whatever in a year - 2080 hours, 52 weeks, or whatever period matches his rate of pay. Typically it will be shown as an hourly rate even for a salaried person.

Yodrak

Yodrak pardon me if im wrong, do u mean to say my husband current income, this year? so does it mean we need to compute his current income now and then thats what were going to put on Q7? i thought we only have to put the income for the w2 or the itr.

afparks,

Yodrak

afparks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.