abezyo

Countdown to Amman!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello all! Ive been on this forum for sometime now but I have never posted on the MENA section! So good morning to you all (Or evening if you happen to be overseas lol). Im leaving in 70 days to Amman to visit my wife and inshallah (god willing) bringing her back IF she has the IR1/CR1 visa! But who knows...We have been waiting for about 7 months now and stuck at the Atlanta local field office (since I live in Alabama and we have no office here closer). Atlanta supposedly just started processing stand-alone I-130's this month! So inshallah im hoping for some action before I depart to Amman!

Just a little bit of my story as of right now! I wanted to join up on this side of the forum since im tired of looking at the same post about Atlanta and people getting approved lol. So with that...

Asalamu Alakum to all my brothers and sisters in Islam.

and

Hello to all my brothers and sisters outside of Islam.

Who are you?!? :lol:

Edited by abezyo

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Timeline

walikum a salaam! have a wonderful trip! good luck to you!!

Thank you! Im very excited I've already started to pack my bags! I havnt seen my wife in almost 9 months (when I leave to see her, its been 7 months now)! :dance:

USCIS

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

NVC

:) I'm heaede back to the UAE in 43 days :) only for a nine day visit, hopefully my fiance will be right behind me. We last saw eachother in September. NINE months! Whoa! yes, your due for a visit :):dance:

:) I'm heaede back to the UAE in 43 days :) only for a nine day visit, hopefully my fiance will be right behind me. We last saw eachother in September. NINE months! Whoa! yes, your due for a visit :):dance:

And, im partially packed too...although, I won't tell many people that...haha i'm SOOOOO ready to go.

How long is the flight to Jordan?

Timeline

Inshallah he will be right behind you! Good luck with your visit! And yes definitely due for a visit! Leaving May 24 and coming back July 5th so I pray that the whole process will be complete so she can come back with me before Ramadan!

USCIS

NVC

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Wa alaikum assalam Abezyo and welcome to the MENA forum - we are glad to have you join us :thumbs: Hope you will not be bored here... from time to time, this forum can be one of the liveliest on VJ. :innocent:

To introduce myself, I'm American, my husband is from Palestine, we live in San Antonio, Texas, and we're done with our immigration process. :dance: We are approaching our 9th wedding anniversary, and he's been in the US for over 7 years.

Wishing you and your wife all the best of luck for a speedy completion to your case !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Wa alaikum assalam Abezyo and welcome to the MENA forum - we are glad to have you join us :thumbs: Hope you will not be bored here... from time to time, this forum can be one of the liveliest on VJ. :innocent:

To introduce myself, I'm American, my husband is from Palestine, we live in San Antonio, Texas, and we're done with our immigration process. :dance: We are approaching our 9th wedding anniversary, and he's been in the US for over 7 years.

Wishing you and your wife all the best of luck for a speedy completion to your case !

Wow mashallah! 9 years! May god keep you guys together forever! I am Palestinian also and my mom is American (Irish/Native American). My wife is Palestinian but she was born and raised in Amman. My family is from a small village by Nablus across from the Ariel settlement! Ive been there many many times! I love Palestine!

Im sure I wont be as bored as looking at all those approvals and asking myself when are we next :D. But inshallah Allah has a plan for everything! :) Thanks for the warm welcoming!

USCIS

NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I wish you the best of luck , my fiancee is in Jordan and we are praying to have our petition approved next month. This process is so hard and it helps to know others are out there going thru the same thing. My god 9 months so so long to be apart... that is how long we were apart until i made my fourth trip last Novmeber to see him... I can only imagine how excited you are to have a date you will be going... I remember how excited I would be once my ticket was issued and i knew what day at what time I would see his smiling face waiting for me at the airport in Amman.

Inshallah you will have good news before then.

Best regards,

Jennifer

event.png

Timeline

Wow mashallah! 9 years! May god keep you guys together forever! I am Palestinian also and my mom is American (Irish/Native American). My wife is Palestinian but she was born and raised in Amman. My family is from a small village by Nablus across from the Ariel settlement! Ive been there many many times! I love Palestine!

Im sure I wont be as bored as looking at all those approvals and asking myself when are we next :D. But inshallah Allah has a plan for everything! :) Thanks for the warm welcoming!

Thanks for the nice words - it's great to see more Palestinians here, as we have very few on VJ ! Is your family from the Salfit area ? I have a very good friend living in Kafr a Deek, which is maybe 8km from Salfit.

God bless you and your wife - may you be reunited soon and never apart again.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

I wish you the best of luck , my fiancee is in Jordan and we are praying to have our petition approved next month. This process is so hard and it helps to know others are out there going thru the same thing. My god 9 months so so long to be apart... that is how long we were apart until i made my fourth trip last Novmeber to see him... I can only imagine how excited you are to have a date you will be going... I remember how excited I would be once my ticket was issued and i knew what day at what time I would see his smiling face waiting for me at the airport in Amman.

Inshallah you will have good news before then.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Thank you Jennifer! Hopefully you get an approval very very soon! And yeah Im so excited! Ive actually finished shopping for gifts and everything haha! Im ready to get on that flight and go on! May your journey go very very quick!

Thanks for the nice words - it's great to see more Palestinians here, as we have very few on VJ ! Is your family from the Salfit area ? I have a very good friend living in Kafr a Deek, which is maybe 8km from Salfit.

God bless you and your wife - may you be reunited soon and never apart again.

Yes it is great! Not many of them do you see! We are from the village called Kifil Harrith! I believe its near Salfit. Its literally right across from the Ariel settlement!

God bless you and your husband! May you always be blessed :)

USCIS

NVC

Wow! your story inspires me !! how did i not know about this forum (MENA)

Timeline

Thats what I keep saying! I knew about it but didnt know what to post or say! But now I feel better :D

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

Yes it is great! Not many of them do you see! We are from the village called Kifil Harrith! I believe its near Salfit. Its literally right across from the Ariel settlement!

God bless you and your husband! May you always be blessed :)

I see your village on the map:

2wc1yqg.jpg

I call the Ariel Bloc the "giant Israeli middle finger of illegal settlements" - it cuts right in between your village (to the north) and Salfit (to the south).... built on what used to be agricultural lands belonging to your village, Salfit, and other villages in the area.

.... .... ....

:crying::angry:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

Awww thanks sweetie :luv: Nothing too remarkable, really, just regular peeps trying to live life. And welcome to the MENA forum :)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.